• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Last I checked only a few archetypes can make a good deck:

Gladiator Beasts

Lightsworn

Blackwings

Six Samurai

Destiny Hero (I consider T-Hero and DDT to be DHero decks :D)

And some of them are teched in other decks for Draw enignes and similar stuff:

Destiny Hero (Draw engine)

Elemental Hero (Deck thinning engine that provides beatsticks)

Monarchs (The deck isn't based on them. They just provide more advantage)

Gadgets (Same as above)

These are all Archetypes that have seen play in tier 1 decks. I might've missed 1-2.

There aren't enough metaworthy archetypes to take away the "strategy" in the game.

Gladiator Beasts

Lightsworn

Blackwings

Six Samurai

Gadgets (Same as above)

These are all Archetypes that have seen play in tier 1 decks. I might've missed 1-2.

There aren't enough metaworthy archetypes to take away the "strategy" in the game.

Those are also the only decks we ever see any more though. That is my point. There are no original themes or strategies anymore.

A gadget deck that runs Anient Gears = FAIL!

Ancient Gears aren't even tier 3 O.o

See, concerned only about archetypes again. What ever happened to Jinzo, D.D. Warrior Lady, Breaker, and Morphing Jar all used in the same deck to create concentrated havoc? Oh, it has been labeled "Holy Pile of Random", never to be used again. I can't remember. Wasn't a "random" deck of powerful cards (i.e. cards not designed to make up an archetype) the mark of a truly skilled player, and just as unbeatable as decks today are?

They should make an Archetype that involves speeding up the Turn Count.

Just because you like Final Countdown...

But seriously, archetypes add life to the game and make for more interesting play. I agree that we need more top-tier archetypes than what cliff said, but archetypes are what the game is based on.

BTW, which of the top tier deck types would be the eaisest to create? I just got a JD from Light of Destruction and am thinking about Lightsworns...

But seriously' date=' archetypes add life to the game and make for more interesting play. I agree that we need more top-tier archetypes than what cliff said, but archetypes are what the game is based on.

[/quote']

I did not mean we need more top-tier archetypes; we need more non-archetype decks in top tier. Actually, in an ideal game, no one would compare tiers, because that suggests that every is net-decking, almost as bad as using a specially-designed archetype.

And quite the opposite of what you said, the game was NOT based on archetypes. This phenomenon we have know can be largely attributed to the GX series of cards, where characters were given an archetype, and then the TCG saw those archetypes, and Konami never bothered to put any effort beyond that. So once again, we can all blame GX, this time for ruining the TCG as opposed to the anime.

Gladiator Beasts

Lightsworn

Blackwings

Six Samurai

Gadgets (Same as above)

Those are also the only decks we ever see any more though. That is my point. There are no original themes or strategies anymore.

A gadget deck that runs Anient Gears = FAIL!

Ancient Gears aren't even tier 3 O.o

See' date=' concerned only about archetypes again. What ever happened to Jinzo, D.D. Warrior Lady, Breaker, and Morphing Jar all used in the same deck to create concentrated havoc? Oh, it has been labeled "Holy Pile of Random", never to be used again. I can't remember. Wasn't a "random" deck of powerful cards (i.e. cards not designed to make up an archetype) the mark of a truly skilled player, and just as unbeatable as decks today are?

[/quote']

You know....I agree to that too, I would post a deck on here and people say it too weak or it not put together correct, but i only want to build a original and not archetypes deck.

Well, strategy is still alive and well.Top-tier Deck that doesn't really have an archetype and tons of wiggle room on builds: Hopeless Dragon

I mean really, what's the theme? Dragons?

Dragons are the most commonly printed card in the game and only a few of the cards in hopeless dragon are really staples for each build.

I dislike archetypes. They're perfectly willing to give archetypes broken cards like Gyzarus and JD, but as soon as they realise one of the cards they made which is not archetyped has synergy with something else non archetyped to make it broke they banhammer it. Monarchs, DAD return, synchro cat, etc... have all been considdered broken at some point, but so has lightsworn and glad beasts but they've done nothing at all to make either of those decks unplayable.

We need more decks like Monarchs, Hopeless Dragon and D-Alchemist. To me, Monarchs are not really an archetype in the sense that they do not support each other and they can easily be slit into different deck types. Even Tele-DAD, as broken as it was, did not focus on archetypes, barring the fact that the monsters were Dark.

hmm...maybe they should banned archetype decks and force people into making mix deck, like the starer deck that first came out, now those days were real duelists who actually show skills in the game, not these easy put together cards with the names follow. but peoples watch other peoples duel and build a not similiar but similiar deck and pretend to be the creator of the ideas they took notes on (lol). for my personal thought of archetype......uugh just play what ever you like personally and not something people say it beats everything (speaking of "Kaiba" people).

hmm...maybe they should banned archetype decks and force people into making mix deck' date=' like the starer deck that first came out, now those days were real duelists who actually show skills in the game, not these easy put together cards with the names follow. but peoples watch other peoples duel and build a not similiar but similiar deck and pretend to be the creator of the ideas they took notes on (lol). for my personal thought of archetype......uugh just play what ever you like personally and not something people say it beats everything (speaking of "Kaiba" people).

[/quote']

lol are you kidding, back when the first sets were out all you did to make a good deck was pile the most vanillas w/ the most ATK and some staples, and whoever normal summoned the most beatsticks one. It did not show skill at all.

Archived