Archetypes

hmm...maybe they should banned archetype decks and force people into making mix deck' date=' like the starer deck that first came out, now those days were real duelists who actually show skills in the game, not these easy put together cards with the names follow. but peoples watch other peoples duel and build a not similiar but similiar deck and pretend to be the creator of the ideas they took notes on (lol). for my personal thought of archetype......uugh just play what ever you like personally and not something people say it beats everything (speaking of "Kaiba" people).

[/quote']

lol are you kidding, back when the first sets were out all you did to make a good deck was pile the most vanillas w/ the most ATK and some staples, and whoever normal summoned the most beatsticks one. It did not show skill at all.

no not kidding, and it does take skills, i didn't have strong monsters to get me wins, my first deck i made was hane control (basically control field lockdown, and attack), so i learn to work with crappy mix cards and made combos like magic rabbit out the hat. so compare to today styles, it repeating the same thing since you put it that way, who ever deck has the fastest engines, best pulls, or clear field for an open otk while using a beatstick monster(s). i have built a archetype deck before (spellcaster) and watch myself get beat by some guy's mix deck, mainly protects gravekeeper, so it not that who gets the best card out, it the one who gets finish combo to win first!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Baboon

3 level 3 beast piercer that gains 500 for every guy opponent controls

3 Nimble Momonga

3 Giant Rat

Morphing Jar

Level Limit

reborn/call of the haunted

prem

3 Ojama Trio

3 Just Deserts

3 Secret Barrel

1 Grav Bind

1 Cylinder

3 Dimension wall

and so on...

T'was a freakishly good deck.

hmm...maybe they should banned archetype decks and force people into making mix deck' date=' like the starer deck that first came out, now those days were real duelists who actually show skills in the game, not these easy put together cards with the names follow. but peoples watch other peoples duel and build a not similiar but similiar deck and pretend to be the creator of the ideas they took notes on (lol). for my personal thought of archetype......uugh just play what ever you like personally and not something people say it beats everything (speaking of "Kaiba" people).

[/quote']

lol are you kidding, back when the first sets were out all you did to make a good deck was pile the most vanillas w/ the most ATK and some staples, and whoever normal summoned the most beatsticks one. It did not show skill at all.

no not kidding, and it does take skills, i didn't have strong monsters to get me wins, my first deck i made was hane control (basically control field lockdown, and attack), so i learn to work with crappy mix cards and made combos like magic rabbit out the hat. so compare to today styles, it repeating the same thing since you put it that way, who ever deck has the fastest engines, best pulls, or clear field for an open otk while using a beatstick monster(s). i have built a archetype deck before (spellcaster) and watch myself get beat by some guy's mix deck, mainly protects gravekeeper, so it not that who gets the best card out, it the one who gets finish combo to win first!

Yeah, because gravekeeper totally isn't an archetype...

1 Baboon

3 Nimble Momonga

3 Giant Rat

Morphing Jar

Level Limit

prem

3 Ojama Trio

3 Just Deserts

3 Secret Barrel

1 Grav Bind

1 Cylinder

3 Dimension wall

and so on...

I remember playing with more targets for rat and more 141 removal instead of the burn cards.

1 Baboon

3 Nimble Momonga

3 Giant Rat

Morphing Jar

Level Limit

prem

3 Ojama Trio

3 Just Deserts

3 Secret Barrel

1 Grav Bind

1 Cylinder

3 Dimension wall

and so on...

I remember playing with more targets for rat and more 141 removal instead of the burn cards.

I still run a very close monster line up in one of my Decks. But with Cat, Sea Koala and Airbellum.

[/quote']

Yeah, because gravekeeper totally isn't an archetype...

pretty much yea, so the old school decks did have skills, and incase of misunderstanding gravekeeper was not part of my deck, i lost to a guy with gravekeeper.

Archived