Archetypes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easier to make a solid deck if you have support' date=' and it's easier to support an archetype, thanks to the common name and all. Hencewhy Glads, LS and BW exist as decks today.

[/quote']

But those all took over the meta at one point and got everyone who wasn't playing them pissed off.

Well, there is also Dark Worlds, Dragunity, Morphtronics, Volcanics, Archfiends, etc. and none of those are meta decks (currently) so yes, Archetypes are good for the game and make it easier to make support cards.

Yeah, Archetypes are good for the game. I think without Archetypes, everyone would be using the same cards. Having Archetypes around actually promotes different people to try different things, as well as creating different ideas and fusions of Archetypes. Plus, having a theme in your deck is just bloody fun. =D

The old archtypes (snakes, cloudians, volcanics,......etc etc etc) were good. but nowadays archtypes ?? They are killing the game badly!

they r rdcsly OPd and easy to get cards !

Konami is making every new archtype stronger than the previous one, which is killing the creative decks

non-Archtype decks are creative, it requirs deck building skills. Archtypes are just killing this, and killing the game

There are plenty of Archetypes to choose from' date=' which makes the game more interesting. But Konami needs to get off their LS and BW High and make cards for older Archetypes.

[/quote']

I agree, like Ancient Gear era was pretty good too, until i seen it being destroy by LS T.T

They used to be an interesting idea, but they have been blown out of proportion. Now, it is extremely difficult to make a successful deck without using spoon-fed strategies from archetypes. I am sorry, if a card is designed to specifically work with another, it cannot be called skill. All archetypes are money holes. It is like the Pokemon slogan, "Gotta [Collect] Them All." If someone does not like the available archetypes or cannot complete the set, they are screwed. So players are forced to expend more resources to get specific cards, not just because they are good, but because their deck's archetype is designed to fail without them.

tl;dr: Archetypes take skill from deck building and mean more money for greedy Konami.

They used to be an interesting idea' date=' but they have been blown out of proportion. Now, it is extremely difficult to make a successful deck without using spoon-fed strategies from archetypes. I am sorry, if a card is designed to specifically work with another, it cannot be called skill. All archetypes are money holes. It is like the Pokemon slogan, "Gotta [Collect'] Them All." If someone does not like the available archetypes or cannot complete the set, they are screwed. So players are forced to expend more resources to get specific cards, not just because they are good, but because their deck's archetype is designed to fail without them.

tl;dr: Archetypes take skill from deck building and mean more money for greedy Konami.

I agree with you, there are cards that people spend big money on just to complete their deck archetypes, and not realizing how much they are wasting, i mean don't get me wrong, if you have a large collection of cards from different types of booster packs, then figure the pieces together, ok i can deal with that, but just because a certain archetype deck won the reginals and your deck wasn't competitive enough to get the rank, then konami makes money off of peoples who dream to have a deck like the pros.

If everyone was to build a deck without archetype themes, konami would go out of business. to wrap this up, konami love their net deckers,

regular people who get original with their creativity become loser (i guess) and it just one big food chain of kaiba wanna be over joey lol ^^

Archived