If it specifically designates a card.

When an effect targets' date=' it chooses at the time of activation the specific card(s) that it will affect.

[/quote']

EDIT: btw, Marshmallon > This

Well then how come spirit reaper can be monster reborned???

Because it's in the graveyard.

When an effect targets' date=' it chooses at the time of activation the specific card(s) that it will affect.

[/quote']

Yes...BUT how come it can't be cll of the haunted or prematured?

[/quote']

Yes...BUT how come it can't be cll of the haunted or prematured?

Because those stay on the field.

Spirit Reaper is only destroyed if a card tells you to select a specific monster, and if Spirit Reaper is able to be destroyed (i.e. SR is on the field). Monster Reborn is not targeting SR after it is summoned, whereas Call of the Haunted and Premature Burial are still on the field with SR as their target. Due to the rules about state-based effects, after the effect of CotH or PB is resolved, SR checks to see if it is being targeted. It is, so it is destroyed.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

I laughed out loud.

[/quote']

I laughed out loud.

I did it better >.<

Every 2 weeks I need to explain to someone at locals that book of moon doesn't kill spirit reaper... bloody annoying that people just don't get it...

I actually learned that 3-4 days ago from a video game :S

inb4lol

Also' date=' attack blocking stuff (like magic cylinder and scrap iron scarecrow) targets evn though it wouldn't seem it would. But I am curious, what would happen if some one plays creature swaap and a player selects Spirit reaper?

[/quote']

Creature Swap doesn't target.

Also' date=' attack blocking stuff (like magic cylinder and scrap iron scarecrow) targets evn though it wouldn't seem it would. But I am curious, what would happen if some one plays creature swaap and a player selects Spirit reaper?

[/quote']

True. It lets the players choose a monster. It doesn't say which one.

[/quote']

True. It lets the players choose a monster. It doesn't say which one.

Creature swap doesn't target.

Targetting cards usually only affect just 1 card.

like Smashing Ground.

Non-Targetting cards affect all cards (that is supposed to)

like Lightning Vortex.

The reason spirit reaper cannot be Premature Burial'd or CotH because they will be "equipped" to Spirit Reaper when its on the field and that is referred as targetting it with a card effect. Thus, spirit reapers effect activates, destroying itself.

like Smashing Ground.

like Lightning Vortex.

The reason spirit reaper cannot be Premature Burial'd or CotH because they will be "equipped" to Spirit Reaper when its on the field and that is referred as targetting it with a card effect. Thus' date=' spirit reapers effect activates, destroying itself.

[/quote']

Smashing Ground doesn't target.

like Smashing Ground.

like Lightning Vortex.

The reason spirit reaper cannot be Premature Burial'd or CotH because they will be "equipped" to Spirit Reaper when its on the field and that is referred as targetting it with a card effect. Thus' date=' spirit reapers effect activates, destroying itself.

[/quote']

Except that Smashing Ground doesn't target... It selects the target at resolution. If I'm wrong, well then I'm wrong, but I remember Fraz making a big deal about it the last time I fought it :S

like Smashing Ground.

like Lightning Vortex.

[/quote']

Except that Smashing Ground doesn't target... It selects the target at resolution. If I'm wrong, well then I'm wrong, but I remember Fraz making a big deal about it the last time I fought it :S

Too late :P

Guest PikaPerson01

[/quote']

I laughed out loud.

See! Here's another thing that bugs me about that funker Chaos Pudding.

He knows that this topic is a blatently violation of rules, in that it is it's own topic instead of being posted in the Q&A section, and he knows he could probably easily explain this guy away and just lock the topic. YET HE DOESN'T! *Dramatic point!*

Oh ffs... nobody on this site seems to know what targeting is...

Targeting is something that happens at the activation of a card. Brain control says "Pay 800. Chose a guy. Opponent now has a chance to respond. You now have a chance to respond. Resolve effect.". Brain Control targets.

Creature swap says "Activate only if both you and your opponent both have a guy out. Opponent can respond. You can respond. Resolve effect." Creature swap does not target.

See how that works?

Also...

like Smashing Ground.

like Lightning Vortex.

[/quote']

wat?

Targeting is something that happens at the activation of a card. Brain control says "Pay 800. Chose a guy. Opponent now has a chance to respond. You now have a chance to respond. Resolve effect.". Brain Control targets.

Creature swap says "Activate only if both you and your opponent both have a guy out. Opponent can respond. You can respond. Resolve effect." Creature swap does not target.

--^

this is all you need to know

choose the monster at activation = target

choose the monster at resolution = not target

Archived