"92% of teens have moved onto rap, if you're one of the 8% who listens to REAL music"

windpepper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

This is totally on topic. But you're all probably too stupid to get it.

I do babe.~

It's good to be open about many different genres' date=' but rap in particular has a bad name because it's been stereotyped by lame gangsta wannabes.

[/quote']

^This.

I also agree with what the TC said.

No idea why that 92% sentence has become so popular on teh Interwebz though. Becaue 92% don't listen to Rap, that's the thing....

And on this site I'd say... 5% maybe.xD

Rap. No one can enjoy it by singing the lyrics. Because you can't.

Listening to it' date=' however, is a different thing.

[/quote']

Rap is supposed to be Lyrical and lyrical only, so shouldn't the lyrics mean something when you sing them?

99.9999999% percent of rap is Auto Tuned' date=' if you know of the .0000001% that isn't, yippe for you.

[/quote']

Jeezy and Kanye would like to have a word with you.

OT: Personally, I don't give a s*** what people like or don't like about rap/hip-hop, because what matters to me is that I enjoy it. If they hate, they hate. Let it go, and move on.

I have never heart of Jeezy, however Kanye auto-tunes a decent portion of his music.

I hate the fact that T-Pain is considered this Great Singer even though his computer sings for him.

I hate rap. I normally enjoy bands like Disturbed' date=' Dragonforce, Iron Maiden, & AC/DC.

[/quote']

I thought you were the guy who liked Taylor Swift? I must be mistaken.

You win 1 Musical Interwebz award for liking AC/DC

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

This is totally on topic. But you're all probably too stupid to get it.

I do babe.~

It's good to be open about many different genres' date=' but rap in particular has a bad name because it's been stereotyped by lame gangsta wannabes.

[/quote']

^This.

I also agree with what the TC said.

No idea why that 92% sentence has become so popular on teh Interwebz though. Becaue 92% don't listen to Rap, that's the thing....

And on this site I'd say... 5% maybe.xD

However, this forum doesn't represent all teenagers =/

I hate rap. I normally enjoy bands like Disturbed' date=' Dragonforce, Iron Maiden, & AC/DC.

[/quote']

For ...... the ..... win!

I listen to Alt. Rock, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal.

Quick List:

- Disturbed

- Story of the Year

- Breaking Benjamin

- Lost Prophets

- The Offspring

- Papa Roach

- Three Days Grace

So, yea .... =D

Rap. No one can enjoy it by singing the lyrics. Because you can't.

Listening to it' date=' however, is a different thing.

[/quote']

You funked up when you said that. Because now you look like an arrogant dumbass.

No Instruments = Not music.

Rap is considered "Poetry".

WRONG. Ever heard acoustic music? If a song lacking instruments isn't considered music' date=' then somethings wrong with the entire industry.

New Rap / Hip Hop, does in fact, truly suck.

However, the old stuff is great. Beastie Boy, Naughty by Nature, Public Enemy...

That was the shezz.

Biased opinion is biased.

Italic: Those weren't hip-hop groups. What the funk are you on?

Rap is pretentious and dull and all rappers are ego maniacs

Troll now, laugh later.--Icecube

New Rap / Hip Hop' date=' does in fact, truly suck.[/b']

However, the old stuff is great. Beastie Boy, Naughty by Nature, Public Enemy...

That was the shezz.

Italic: Those weren't hip-hop groups. What the f*** are you on?

Those weren't Hip-Hop groups??? Are you serious???

Seriously, I'm for all music, as long as it isn't as loud as blowing your head off. (I really don't understand the enjoyment of loud music).

But, You know, Anyone that pastes that in their sig, anything with music in it obviously don't know what they are doing. But One thing for sure is, "music is all around us, you just got to listen"-Quoted from August Rush. That statement is true, and if you don't believe me, step outside and listen to the birds sing, the traffic moving, the animals making noise and use your ears. You'll hear it. Because I have. Just Saying to all now, that is what Real Music is. Real Music is every music, don't matter if it has a genre or not, and it don't need lyrics, they are for people who know they have a good voice, so my suggestion is this,

-------------------------

Go Outside and play, listen to the wind, the air, the birds and whatever else. If you listen to music on a radio or etc, than that's ok. But eventually, you'd rather stay in and become deaf by listening to loud music, than you won't have the sensation for music and if you become deaf, than you lose interest in music and can't hear it. So, Please, Go outside and listen to the natural wonders, even if it sounds bad to you.

-------------------------

If You don't want to listen to any of the above, that is fine, I was just speaking my mind. Hope you don't mind about that.

That was the shezz.

The Beastie Boys were, the other two aren't classified as it.

If you want old hip-hop, Run DMC, Ice Cube, and Dr. Dre.

That was the shezz.

The Beastie Boys were, the other two aren't classified as it.

If you want old hip-hop, Run DMC, Ice Cube, and Dr. Dre.

Naughty by Nature are. Public Enemy is way too Political to be Hip-Hop, but still have the beats to be classified by it.

No Instruments = Not music.

Rap is considered "Poetry".

WRONG. Ever heard acoustic music? If a song lacking instruments isn't considered music' date=' then somethings wrong with the entire industry.

[/quote']

Acoustic music use acoustic instruments.

Acoustic instruments are instruments right?

Therefore it is music.

WRONG. Ever heard acoustic music? If a song lacking instruments isn't considered music' date=' then somethings wrong with the entire industry.[/i']

An acoustic guitar is still a guitar =/

I meant to say accapella. When it's just the lyrics and nothing else.

You know that phrase: "92% of teens have moved onto rap, if you're one of the 8% who listens to REAL music, copy and paste this to your sig" could just be a made up phrase by someone so that people would start posting it into their sig and make it what some online people call "dominate" people's signatures like the evil bunny. In my opinion, I doubt that 92% or teens have moved onto rap otherwise the rock industry would be taking a beating but they aren't. For me personally, I listen to almost about everything except most country music, I've never been a fan of country music.

Rap is pretentious and dull and all rappers are ego maniacs

ORLY? Says the guy who made a thread "People who hate rap are stupid and I like rap" back in like 07 or something??? 8)

Just because I think it's pretentious and dull and composed by ego maniacs doesn't mean I can't like it.

The only good music that comes out of the Rap genre is by Eminem. Everything else that is even slightly associated w/ Rap sucks.

My preference is Melodic Death/Black Metal and those Country songs that sing about Beer and Chicks and stuff like that.

With MeloDeth/Black Metal, their lyrics are original and no one ever sings about the same thing over and over again. With Rap (except Eminem), 99.99999% of Rappers sing about bastards and getting laid and smoking weed. It's annoying. >:/

The only good music that comes out of the Rap genre is by Eminem. Everything else that is even slightly associated w/ Rap sucks.

My preference is Melodic Death/Black Metal and those Country songs that sing about Beer and Chicks and stuff like that.

With MeloDeth/Black Metal' date=' their lyrics are original and no one ever sings about the same thing over and over again. [b']With Rap (except Eminem), 99.99999% of Rappers sing about b****es and getting laid and smoking weed.[/b] It's annoying. >:/

It's so annoying to hear you and people like you stereo-typing a type of music, because you listen to one song and generalize it amongst all of them. Because every song Kanye West ever wrote was about smoking weed, bastards, and getting laid. Especially his song called "Hey Mama."

Or Tupac, who only ever wrote about getting laid, smoking weed, and bastards. Especially his song "I ain't mad at cha", which supposedly was written to tell all his friends he wasn't upset because they were doing better than him.

I could go on, but your arrogance is making me wanna puke.

Immortal Technique' date=' Jedi Mind Tricks, Ill Bill, Nas, and Jus' Allah are the best rap.

[/quote']

^This.

Others I like: Manau (Celtic Rap ftw!), MC Solaar (lyrics = poetry. as far away from whores and drugs as it gets), Rapsoul (great lyrics and voices again), Tupac, Notorious B.I.G. (legendary, many rappers nowadays should take him as an example).

Added Eminem as well, he does have his merits.

Gorillazzzz is the best rap.

OH NO U DIDN"T! D:

WRONG. Ever heard acoustic music? If a song lacking instruments isn't considered music' date=' then somethings wrong with the entire industry.[/i']

An acoustic guitar is still a guitar =/

I meant to say accapella. When it's just the lyrics and nothing else.

I guess it would be considered somewhat musical. It's kind of hard to imagine someone just singing without any instrumental back-up. Which is why this would be a somewhat iffy situation because singing is something that helps make music but by itself it just seems incomplete.

Archived