discuss: shuffling

discuss how shuffling affects different deck' date=' and what shuffling techniques are the best way to get the most out of your deck, and why.

[/quote']

Stacking. It lets me get the most out of my Deck because it increases the odds of getting key cards and combos am I right?

lol thats ilegal and u know that. i mean do u pile shuffle, de-clump, or just poker shuffle, ect. this is because some decks will benifit from drawing multiples of them (ie blackwings with whirlwind) so your unlikely to do a method of shuffling witch will decrease the chance of that happening. while in cat synchro for example drawing multiple cat targets can lose u the game, so de-clumping is in order so that its harder to draw doubles of a card.

discuss how shuffling affects different deck' date=' and what shuffling techniques are the best way to get the most out of your deck, and why.

[/quote']

Stacking. It lets me get the most out of my Deck because it increases the odds of getting key cards and combos am I right?

Wrong. Opponent gets last touch of your deck if they're smart so it's best to stack your opponent's deck.

[/quote']

Wrong. Opponent gets last touch of your deck if they're smart so it's best to stack your opponent's deck.

im realy suprised how much this actually goes on. this can be prevented because you can shuffle and cut your own deck once your opp has shuffled your deck, then pass it back to your opponent, where they can then only cut i believe, or if they think ur cheating call over a judge.

Guest PikaPerson01

If I see someone "power shuffle" in front of me, I tell them I'm going to count their deck, and proceed to "unpower shuffle" it, while counting out loud. Then I do a quick and lazy shuffle an hand it back. Usually enough to screw over anyone who tries to make they're deck have more consistent numbers.

[/quote']

im realy suprised how much this actually goes on. this can be prevented because you can shuffle and cut your own deck once your opp has shuffled your deck, then pass it back to your opponent, where they can then only cut i believe, or if they think ur cheating call over a judge.

You shuffle your deck first.

The opponent can shuffle yours if they want to.

If they chose to shuffle you can cut the deck.

If you do that then your opponent can get final cut in a different place from where you cut.

I don't know what half of the shuffles you guys are talking about. De-clump shuffle? Pile Shuffle? I know Poker shuffle' date=' but that's it.

Edit: Pile shuffle is the one I'm most lost on...

[/quote']

Pile shuffle (works out evenly if you play a 40 card deck):

Make 8 piles of cards and then "deal" cards off your deck face down onto each pile diagonally up and down one way then the other..

Crappy explanation I know but I just woke up, so I hope it makes sense ^^"

I don't know what half of the shuffles you guys are talking about. De-clump shuffle? Pile Shuffle? I know Poker shuffle' date=' but that's it.

[/quote']

Make 8 piles of cards and then "deal" cards off your deck face down onto each pile diagonally up and down one way then the other..

Isn't that table shuffling?

[/quote']

Isn't that table shuffling?

It is but everyone calls it pile shuffling.

Pile shuffling is actually clump shuffling.

Archived