FOTB Sneak Preview

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense or anything, but it seems Crystal Beasts, even before they come out in English tomorrow, are being overrated. In my opinion, wait till after it comes out and see how useful it really is. Remember, you'll have to wait to September for the next set and more Crystal Beasts!

No offense or anything' date=' but it seems Crystal Beasts, even before they come out in English tomorrow, are being overrated. In my opinion, wait till after it comes out and see how useful it really is. Remember, you'll have to wait to September for the next set and more Crystal Beasts![/quote']

*taps foot*

All who have seen season 3 up to 132 and seen 3 gem beast duels where they kicked ass raise your hand *raises hand*.............................................................................................Oh, just me then.

I'm not overrating them, they are as awesome as we're making out.

I have to admit thought, I am a little dissapointed... no Amon Garam cards...

The Cloudians are what I've been looking forward to since Season 3.. guess I have to wait...

Btw, anyone going to the Sneak Preview in Los Angeles? It would be good to meet some of you in person...

If so, replay and send me a PM!

Future fusion only works if you have two of the same fusion monster' date=' you need to send one to the graveyard, plus the materials from your deck, and then wait a turn for it to be summoned.

[/quote']

Um.... That's not quite how it works. The only part you got wrong is that you DO NOT need two of the fusion monster. You merely select the monster when you activate the effect. IT is not sent to the graveyard.

I love the idea of having "Sealed Pack Tournaments" (that's what I call them, as for the official name I have no idea.), where you just pull packs and duel with that. Currently, I call the state of the game 70% deckbuilding (80% of which uses the internet) 27% luck and 3% skill. Because, seriously, one you figure out how your deck works, the combos*, you are never going to get any better. There's a roof.

PS: By "combo's", I mean if you have Snatch Steal, Zaborg and something like Uraby in-hand, while your opponent has a Sacred Pheonix of Nephythys (sp?) and 1 face-down monster, you know the correct way to do it is Snatch the birdy, trib in for Zaborg, nuke the f/d and attack for 2400.

Here's the lowdown of my pulls today.

Sneak peak start time: 10am

Entry: ?12 (SPs are usually between ?10 and ?20)

You receive 5 packs and make a deck of at least 30. (Sometimes it may be 20(

LP: 4000 (Sometimes it will be 8000)

I lost 1 of 4 matchs.

Result: 3rd/20ish. It was small, and It's a new venue for me.

CARDS

Promo: Volcanic Rocket x2 (Traded for another)

Ultimates: Sky Scourge Norleras (Monster - Chaos like one), Soul of Fire (Spell)

Supers: Sky Scourge Norleras, Raiza the Storm Monarch (GAY NAME!), Radiant Mirror Force, Soul of Fire

Rares: Triggered Summon, Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins x2

Commons/MISC: Loads, At least 1 of all Crystal Beasts and their supports that are common. No Pegasus seen today and Rainbow Dragon is not in this set. No Secrets either. I got myself a T-Shirt for coming 3rd which is ace.

My Views: The set has potential, but not to make a big impact on the metagame. The Crystal Beasts with the Rainbow Dragon will be good. The new chaos are interesting.

My score for the set: 7/10 (BETTER THAN SOI + CDIP)

Archived