Can I do this?

My friend used Torrential Tribute to destroy my Psychic Lifetrancer that I synchro summoned. I used Call of the Haunted to bring back Psychic Snail (synchro summon material for the Lifetrancer girl) and Wicked Rebirth to bring back Psychic Lifetrancer. Then I used trap stun so that I can negate the effects of Wicked Rebirth in order to use Psychic snail's effetc to make Psychic Lifetrancer attack twice since she couldn't because of Wicked Rebirth's effect. Then I used Giant Trunade to return all 3 of those cards so that I could use them again. My friend stopped the duel because he insisted that I had to destroy my Snail and Lifetrancer according to the trap effects since Giant Trunade returned them to my hand including Trap Stun. I said I could because Giant Trunade returns all cards at the same time and trap stun had already been used and had negated their effects. He stopped the duel because he insisted that what I did could not be done. The question is: Can I or can't I do what I did in another duel.

I think you're in the right because of how' date=' similarly, Jinzo stays alive if it was brought back by Call of the Haunted and Call leaves the field. Don't put your money on it though =/

[/quote']

While Jinzo is out, Cal of the Haunted is negated. At the time of Trunade activation, Call of the Haunted is negated. And thus, doesnt destroy Jinzo.

I think you're in the right because of how' date=' similarly, Jinzo stays alive if it was brought back by Call of the Haunted and Call leaves the field. Don't put your money on it though =/

[/quote']

While Jinzo is out, Cal of the Haunted is negated. At the time of Trunade activation, Call of the Haunted is negated. And thus, doesnt destroy Jinzo.

That's what I just said O.o

Anyway, I was just using that for comparison because I believe Trap Stun affects Call in the same way.

[/quote']

Anyway, I was just using that for comparison because I believe Trap Stun affects Call in the same way.

The "Don't put your money on it though =/" part seemed a bit 'weird' about your post.

But yea, Trap Stun is basicly a one-turn walking-Jinzo

[spoiler=Stuff]

[/quote']

The "Don't put your money on it though =/" part seemed a bit 'weird' about your post.

But yea, Trap Stun is basicly a one-turn walking-Jinzo

I was just unsure whether or not they would work in the same way, but looks like we can safely say they do.

What happens if I add the Imperial Iron Wall card? Do I get to use the Psychic Lifetrancer's effect indefinetedly?

You cannot remove from play while that card is on the field, so you cannot activate the effect. If IIW is negated by trap stun, the effect is activated and the monster in the graveyard is removed from play.

Very good. Thanks So I guess my friend oriented me wrong. He said the effect resolved first than the trap. I'm starting and so I have less than a month in the Yugioh world. I don't wanna go around dueling and commiting stupidity around people. I need to instruct myself well. Thanks. for answering me these two questions. I'll ask more if needed.

Archived