If you think this format is bad, at least we use Effect Monsters.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I remember playing back in 2002, when we only had LOB, MRD, the 2 Starter Decks, the random TP1 card here and there (and those people always won, stupid Mechanicalchaser and having a huge wallet), and the DDS promos. We ran Vanilla Beatdown until we were blue in the face. We ran 3 Summoned Skulls, and we liked it! Man Eater Bug was practically a staple, as was Trap Hole! Hell, lolATK as a derogatory term hadn't even been thought up! We Mained Neo the Magic Swordsman, for Christ's sake!

Anyway, discuss pre-MRL Yu-Gi-Oh.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

Those were the days. :lol:

Every practially had the same cards. It was just a matter of when you drew the right cards.

Oh' date=' and Gemini Elf was practically the best thing you could have. XD

[/quote']

Gemini Elf wasn't released til 2003, and LON certainly didn't come before MRL.

And as always' date=' I would run Barrel Dragon ;)

[/quote']

Everyone ran Barrel Dragon. It was one of the biggest monsters we had, and it had a chance to destroy something once a turn. Of course people ran it.

Mirror force was god.

It still is

owait

I find this funny: Back then, Solemn was considered a "Bad" card, due to the meta requireing more raw ATK power to overcome your Opponent. Solemn was like: "Pay half your Lifepoints for the same effect as Magic Jammer? LOLWUT?"

......Or something like that. I just know that Solemn wasnt used as much as it was in the past meta.

I know this is off topic...But was the Gravekeeper's Archetype actually the first proper archetype to ever come out?...I can't remember one before them...

OT: Also Penguin Soldier was the Jizz those day....I remember my first deck....Structure Joey....(Coz I saw yugis and didn't liked it...)....

Maha Vailo

Penguin

7-colored fish

KArate Man! lol...

I loved all those cards....XD

Those days also has

Raigeki

Dark Hole

Monster Reborn

Pot of Greed

Poly (wihich was good back then..)

OH THE MEMORIES!!!!

*starts crying*

Those were the good old times. Back then, my starter Kaiba deck was good with some modifications. And also that dueling was more slower and better. Now.....yeah.

Of course, back then, vanilllas were loved. Now, their hated. and not to mention that brute strength was really all you need. Now, it's different. For some reason, this format reminds me of what Old Snake said when we compare it to the old format.

"War, has changed."

God' date=' I miss those days when Yu-Gi-Oh was a bit more popular and we played during Recess, simpler game, I remembered when I pulled my Summoned Skull, I was so happy.

[/quote']

I was like that with my REBD <3

REBD... That reminds me of when I managed to get my friend to trade me BEWD And Poly for REBD, Dark Magican, and my Curse of Dragon. We both walked away thinking we got the better deal.

Archived