Fake Knights - the story (ch 116 added!!!! (page 92 now))

DL 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

New chapter up.

[spoiler=Chapter 110]

Chapter 110 - Into the Past, Yet How Far Back?

“Ah, so you need to go back to the past? Too bad it’s not the future, or else I might have gone with you. While you’d be out sucking vampire blood, I’d be looking for the treasure of lost kings…” Creator said.

“What?”

“Uh, never mind. Anyway, I have a question, for research purposes, how young does the vampire whose blood you taste have to be?”

“Well, I did say newborn, but I guess it depends. I mean, it just has to be blood from a vampire who has drank no human blood. So, before they develop a taste for human blood, would be the best answer.” Chase replied.

“My knowledge on vampires isn’t quite that good yet, at what age would that be?” Creator asked.

“Around ten, or so, if I remember correctly.”

“Alright then, come with me.”

Creator led Chase through a door, which opened up to a room filled with shelves. After taking a glance through the room, Chase stopped glancing around altogether.

“Just what do you do in this room?”

”You don’t want to know, believe me. Anyway, its right there, so hop in and I’ll set you up.” Creator said, pointing to a large machine on the far wall.

Chase nodded, but jumped back when the door swung open when he reached for the door.

“Motion-sensor door.” Creator said, slightly grinning.

”Right.” Chase said, climbing into the machine. Creator walked over to a keyboard next to the machine, and began rapidly clicking keys.

“Alright, I’m about to send you into the past. I should let you know, though, I can’t control the exact date, if it exceeds one thousand years.”

“Wha-?” Chase began to ask, before the door slammed shut, and a hazy blue light flashed from inside the machine. The door swung open again, and Chase was gone.

[spoiler=Chapter 111]

Chapter 111 - Lonely Vampire

Chase didn’t feel anything. He hardly recalled who he was. Then to him. He opened his eyes, and widened them the instant he beheld the landscape surrounding him. Or rather, the landscape under him, and the air around him. He was thousands of feet above the surface. The air felt cold against his skin. He looked down at the ground thousands of feet below where he was standing. The river, probably a mile or so wide, now seemed no thicker than straw. The trees seemed to be small green dots on the forest floor.

“Just how far did Creator send me?” Chase muttered.

Chase turned his gaze to what stood behind him. Or, in this case, over him, as well. It took him a few seconds to grasp the fact that, in this jungle-like scenery, something like a silver castle seemed completely out of place, yet here it was, right behind him. He walked closer to it, drawn to its colossal magnitude, yet, there was something beyond that.

“It’s here. A vampire is here.” he said, dazedly.

He marched on through the front gate, which was deserted, and entered the castle. The front door opened to a large, well-lit room, with a single large door on the far wall. Chase walked to it and opened it. Chase snapped back to his senses as he finally saw what he was looking for. There was a throne on the room, made of gold, with rims of silver, on which sat a young girl with long blond hair.

“What are you doing here, human?” The young girl asked.

“Uh, who, me? Well, you see, that’s a long story. I will tell you though, I’m not quite human.” Chase said.

“You’re not human? Then why does your smell resemble one? Well, even if you’re telling the truth, you don’t smell like a vampire, so what are you?”

“I’m a vampire. Well, it’ll take too long to explain, but first, how old are you?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” The young girl said, looking away.

“Actually yes, I would. It’s really important to me. If you’re young enough, I need you!” Chase said, stepping closer to the girl.

The girl blushed and curled back into the throne. “S-stay away, do you know who I am?”

“I don’t care who you are, or anything like that. The only thing that matters right now is you, now please tell me your age.” Chase said, seriously.

“S-since you asked, I’m ten.” the girl answered, still red in the face.

“I see, okay, so, have you ever tasted human blood before?”

The girl frowned. “What does that have to do with anything?”

“I must know. If you haven’t, you’re the one I need!”

“N-no, I haven’t,” the girl said, blushing.

Chase was already mere steps away from the young girl.

“Then please, allow me to taste your blood.”

[spoiler=Chapter 112]

Chapter 112 - One Bite, Royalty is Free

The girl brushed her blond hair off her forehead and looked straight at Chase. She stood up and walked past him, her long pink robes dragging on the floor. She reached the open door that led to the large main room, and closed it. After she locked it, she walked back to Chase.

“What is your name?” the girl asked.

“My name is Chase.”

“I see. Chase, do you know why this castle is empty, except for me?”

“Not really, why?” Chase asked.

“I am a princess,” the girl said. “Unfortunately, I do not meet my father’s expectations of me. As a result of the fact I was born a girl, and did not show any distinction in fighting ability. My father sent me to this castle, until I am a capable warrior.”

Chase scratched his head. “That’s fine, but, I really can’t help.”

“Tell me, Chase, were you powerful when you were a vampire?” the girl asked.

“Yeah, I was pretty powerful. The only competition I had was another vampire, Dark Magician Girl. She was almost as powerful as me,” Chase said. “Then again, there were those government people… which reminds me, I have to get this done with quickly so I can go back to the Fake Knights.”

“Dark Magician Girl, huh? Were you two…close?” the girl asked.

“What? No way, we’re only rivals, and small-time acquaintances.”

“Was she pretty?”

Chase pondered for a few seconds. “I guess so. In fact, you look like a younger version of her.”

“Okay, that’s good enough for me. Alright, go ahead.”

“Just like that, there’s no cost or anything?” Chase asked, surprised.

When the girl shook her head, Chase nodded and bit her neck. The girl blushed and let out a small moan. As suddenly as it happened, the moment ended. Chase drew back his neck and wiped some blood from his chin. He looked at his hands.

“I don’t see any changes…” Chase muttered, but stopped.

Chase’s eyes widened slightly as he felt the power rush up his body. He could feel his power coming back to him.

”It…it actually worked…”

“Of course it did. My blood is not only the blood of royalty, but the blood of a pure maiden, as well.” the girl said, a small smile, as well as a lingering blush, on her face.

“Wait, blond hair, large castle… vampire…could it be… are you…?”

“What are you talking about?” the girl asked.

“Uh, never mind. Well, I have to go, I’m afraid.” Chase said.

“Wait, don’t go!” the girl exclaimed, startling Chase. She stood there for a few seconds, looking at the ground, and then looked up again to face Chase. “Please, take me as your bride!”

[spoiler=Chapter 113]

Chapter 113 - Forgotten Name

The girl’s shone with intensity as she spoke. Chase also noticed something else, something close to a longing, pleading look. Chase turned away from the girl.

“Sorry, kid,” Chase said. “But I have to go back to where I belong.”

The girl approached him from behind and grabbed his arm. “Then take me with you!”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea. Anyway, I can tell you’re in a predicament, which you can’t overcome with the strength you have now.”

Chase pulled free from the girl’s grip and walked a few paces, before turning around and facing her.

“So let me give you some advice. Sometimes, you may be alone, but, don’t look weak. It makes us other vampires look weak. I’m sure you’ll be powerful one day. In fact, I’m more than sure. So forget trying to lean on others, and fight your own problems with your own hands.”

With those words, Chase walked out of the room, and the mansion, leaving the girl staring blankly at the doorway. Chase walked outside, and took one last look at the castle.

“Sometimes I think I’m too nice.”

Once Chase reached the spot where he had arrived, he closed his eyes.

“I’m ready,” he muttered. “Take me back.”

As if in compliance, his mind went blank, and the next thing he knew, he was staring at Creator’s smirk.

”So, how was it?” Creator asked.

Chase appeared behind Creator.

“Yeah, it went fine.”

Chase left the room after waving thanks to Creator, and wandered the hall until he was, he noticed, in a room made to look like the outside world. Underground, there wasn’t anything but dirt, so Creator had built such a room for those seeking fresh air.

Chase pondered for a moment what had led him to the room, when he saw Dark Magician Girl leaning over the railing. He was about to leave when she spoke up.

“Chase, did I ever tell you how I came to call myself Dark Magician Girl?”

Chase frowned. “No, but where’s this coming from?”

“I don’t know, I suddenly remembered something that happened to me when I was young. See, I wasn’t all that powerful when I was young…but, one day, this vampire appeared in my castle. I don’t remember much, but I can clearly remember he drank a bit of my blood.”

“Okay, but how does that explain your name?” Chase asked.

“That vampire, I remember he said he knew someone by that name. So, I began using it as an alias ever since the day he left. I…never saw him again.” Dark Magician Girl said, a sad smile on her face.

Chase looked away. “I see. And why are you telling me this?”

Dark Magician Girl stopped leaning on the rail and walked away. When she was at the door, she turned back to Chase.

“I guess you remind me a bit of that vampire.”

Dark Magician Girl left the room, leaving Chase smiling.

“Right…I guess I do.”

[spoiler=Chapter 114]

Chapter 114 - Voice of Nobody

“Well, I’m glad I was able to help Chase…but now I’m bored. I guess I’ll just go check Dark Link’s old room, which had been given to Suzuki, for any clue. I still wonder where he went…” Creator muttered to himself as he walked down the hall.

Once he reached Dark Link’s room, he opened the door, and the room was empty. A bed and a stand full of books and magazines were all that lay there. The only other thing in the room was a computer, which was usually turned off. This time, however, it was on standby.

“Might as well turn it off.” Creator said.

He stepped closer to the computer, and shook the mouse. The computer screen popped up to reveal a background of two anime guys kissing. Creator turned away on instinct.

”What kind of person puts yaoi as their background?” he asked himself, amazedly.

He moved the mouse to the start menu, careful not to look, but accidentally clicked on the internet icon. The homepage popped up, revealing a yaoi site. Creator gasped and clicked on the “X” button to close the page.

The page didn’t close. Creator tried again, but it didn’t work, so he shrugged and decided to move on, but he found out he couldn’t.

After losing consciousness for a few seconds, Creator woke up to find himself in front of a dark castle. There was no one there, when he first looked, but as soon as he blinked, he noticed someone began walking over to him.

It was someone wearing a black cloak, and who had blond hair that looked like it was gelled so the front part was spiky. He looked to be no more than fifteen.

As the cloaked stranger passed Creator, he muttered, “You’re still not there yet.”

Creator wanted to ask the stranger what he meant, but as he turned around, the stranger was gone, and he blacked out again. He woke to find himself lying on his back in Dark Link’s old room again, with Nexev lazily squatting next to him.

“What happened?” Creator asked, sitting up.

”You hit your head and blacked out.” Nexev said.

“I must have hit it when I turned away after seeing that yaoi on the computer. But, it’s weird. There’s one thing I can’t get my mind off of.”

”What, yaoi? Nexev asked.

“No. This name. Roxas.” Creator said, almost to himself.

[spoiler=Chapter 115]

Chapter 115 - An Ark, a Castle

“It makes no sense, right?” Creator asked. “It must be the after-shock of seeing the yaoi.”

Nexev blinked. “Roxas? Are you sure?”

“Does it mean anything to you?”

“Well, yeah. I used to work under the guy,” Nexev answered. “What did he say during the dream?”

“I think he said…I still wasn’t there yet. Any idea what it could mean?”

Nexev stood up and began pacing around. “Well, that’s odd.”

“Why?” Creator asked.

“Uh, no reason. At any rate, I have a feeling we should go see him.” Nexev said.

“Who, Roxas?” Creator asked.

“Yes, don’t ask questions, just come on. You’ll find out a lot more later.”

Nexev dragged Creator out the door and through the hallway, finally reaching his own room. He let go of Creator and opened the door.

“Stay right there.” Nexev said, and entered his room.

A few seconds later he walked out carrying a small disk.

“This thing is the ticket to the organization,” Nexev said, placing the disk on the floor.

“What organ-” Creator began to ask, until the disk lit up and the next thing he knew, he was standing looking at the same castle from his dream, except it was dawn, and the sky shone a hazy red.

“Well, come on. We have to meet Roxas.” Nexev said, already walking ahead.

Creator sighed and followed him. “I wonder how Nexev knows Roxas…”

Once they reached the front entrance, Nexev readied to knock, but stopped when someone dressed in a black cloak appeared behind them.

Nexev turned to address the stranger.

“Hey, what’s new, Zeo?” he asked.

The stranger lifted his hood to reveal his amazed expression and shoulder-length pink hair.

“Nex, what are you doing here?” the stranger asked.

Creator frowned. “So, who’s this?”

“Oh, this is Zeonark,” Nexev said. “He’s part of the organization. Zeo, this is Creator. He’s an associate of mine, and I want him to join the organization.”

“Pleasure to meet you, Creator. Well, follow me, although not many people are here right now. We’ve been overworked lately, what with the government finally moving.” Zeonark said.

He led them through the gates and into the castle, which proved to be just as large inside as outside, and not any brighter. It was mainly empty, except for another cloaked person who stopped in the middle of descending the stairs and stared down at the three of them. She removed her hood to reveal a grinning face, and blond hair.

“Well, if it isn’t Nex,” she said. “What could you want here?”

“I want this guy to join the organization. Also, I want to be a part of it again,” Nexev said. “At least, for now.”

Archived