Local tourney report - How I won

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're names Qal'at' date=' you have Kalut the Moon Shadow as your avatar, you claim your duel spirit is Vayu the Emblem of Honour, and your deck only has one Blackwing monster?

Also, lol, Waboku. Threatening Roar is better.

[/quote']

Waboku is better this format because you can make people waste honests/kaluts.

Except no, because you can't activate Waboku during damage calculation.

I have a monarch. My opponent attacks with lumina. Obviously he's going to use Honest. So I use Waboku, either he wastes and Honest or his monster dies. If I use T-Roar, he keeps both lumina and honest.

Guest PikaPerson01

I have a monarch. My opponent attacks with lumina. Obviously he's going to use Honest. So I use Waboku' date=' either he wastes and Honest or his monster dies. If I use T-Roar, he keeps both lumina and honest.

[/quote']

Eh, didn't think of it like that, mostly because I don't duel terrible players. If it works against the bad players are your locals, more power to you.

I have a monarch. My opponent attacks with lumina. Obviously he's going to use Honest. So I use Waboku' date=' either he wastes and Honest or his monster dies. If I use T-Roar, he keeps both lumina and honest.

[/quote']

Eh, didn't think of it like that, mostly because I don't duel terrible players. If it works against the bad players are your locals, more power to you.

Using Honest offensively is playing badly now?

Waboku was the preferred choice for maindecking last SJC as well.

[/quote']

Unless he's going for game using lumina to attack is stupid, you're wasting the honest you'll need to protect her next turn. And you can run into a multitude of traps/quickplays that will murder you. Now I reckon that some players may go for game or try to activate their Shura and in this situation waboku is better. The thing is, in a large scale tournament you should encounter some GB and waboku is inferior to threatening roar in that matchup.

[/quote']

Unless he's going for game using lumina to attack is stupid, you're wasting the honest you'll need to protect her next turn. And you can run into a multitude of traps/quickplays that will murder you. Now I reckon that some players may go for game or try to activate their Shura and in this situation waboku is better. The thing is, in a large scale tournament you should encounter some GB and waboku is inferior to threatening roar in that matchup.

You're going to encounter way more LS/Twilight/Blackwings, and waboku is superior in all of those matchups.

Also a big part of waboku that makes it better is it can benefit you on both turns instead of only your opponents. It's rare that this will help, but sometimes it comes in handy, like once again if you're attacking an important monster and you know your opponent has honest in hand, using Waboku may dissuade them from honesting.

Wow =) That was amazing! I wish I could go to locals =/ There isn't a place around here that hosts them... But that deck and your skills are beast!

I feel your pain, locals do not exist where I live either. Only SJC champion status duelist exist, and we only have nationals.

This deck is really good, I heard DDT monarch was topping the meta, now I see why

Wow =) That was amazing! I wish I could go to locals =/ There isn't a place around here that hosts them... But that deck and your skills are beast!

I am not going to deny that he did well' date=' but he did make a mess with the priority thing...

[/quote']

Don't even pros make mistakes? I'm not saying Qal'at is pro, and I'm not saying he isn't pro, but everyone makes mistakes. If you deny ever making mistakes that cost you the game you are lying, and I mean fairly recently, not back when you first started and didn't know the difference between a cost and an effect or anything about priority.

Anyways, I need better locals or more money, and I'm fairly certain #1 won't happen -.-

I am not going to deny that he did well' date=' but he did make a mess with the priority thing...

[/quote']

Don't even pros make mistakes? I'm not saying Qal'at is pro, and I'm not saying he isn't pro, but everyone makes mistakes. If you deny ever making mistakes that cost you the game you are lying, and I mean fairly recently, not back when you first started and didn't know the difference between a cost and an effect or anything about priority.

Anyways, I need better locals or more money, and I'm fairly certain #1 won't happen -.-

[/quote']

Archived