Magical Dimension the Stardust Killer

400px-MagicalDimensionSDSC-EN-C-1E.jpg

Magical Dimension is pimp because it can't be stopped by Stardust :3

You cannot chain "My Body as a Shield" to "Magical Dimension"' date=' since destroying a monster on the field is optional.[1']

Also, if I decide to destroy a monster using Magical Dimension, Bottomless and Torrential Tribute miss the timing and can't activate

If your opponent activates "Magical Dimension" and chooses not to destroy a monster on the field' date=' then you can activate "Torrential Tribute" or "Bottomless Trap Hole" to destroy the Special Summoned Spellcaster. If your opponent does decide to destroy a monster, then you cannot activate these cards because the last thing to happen was not a monster being Summoned. So you have missed the timing.[1']

OH, and all of the effect happens at resolution so none of it is a cost :D

Discuss the pimpness that is Magical Dimension.

Good card. I would like to use this with a low ATK spellcaster like Blast Magician or Cerberus to use Inferno Reckless Summon and then have the field full of spell counters along with Endymion.

A friend of mine plays a Spell Counter deck and he loves this card. It destroys, it summons, it causes plenty of things to miss the timing, it can't be negated by things that negate destrution (pimpness), can be used to stop something from being targeted, and finally, it allows for two attacks in one battle phase because it is a quick-play.

Conclusion: It's pimp and versatile.

It being non-splashable and a -1 doesn't make it bad, just less advantage. People -1 all the time with synchros and you don't see them as being bad do you? Maybe bad for the game in general, but not bad cards. Book of Moon, Brain Control, Mind Control, and BfaDD are all -1's but many of them are popular and some of them are almost staples.

Guest PikaPerson01

Eh, advantage is typically meant to simply an overly complicated situation, and in certain situations simple -1s can be acceptable. Not in the particular case of using Magical Dimension in my humble opinion though, since the few straight up -1's that most people name (Book of Moon, Shrink) at least preserve the monster you intended to keep alive from being attacked anyway.

Eh' date=' advantage is typically meant to simply an overly complicated situation, and in certain situations simple -1s can be acceptable. Not in the particular case of using Magical Dimension in my humble opinion though, since the few straight up -1's that most people name (Book of Moon, Shrink) at least preserve the monster you intended to keep alive from being attacked anyway.

[/quote']

Wouldn't Shrink, in the end, be a +0 since the monster attacking will most likly be destroyed?

The only way to negate Magical Dimension is if you negate the card itself, (Dark Bribe, Solemn, etc.) or it's special summon effect (Thunder King Rai-Oh, Royal Oppression, etc.) come to mind, but things that stop destruction (SDD, MBaaS, etc.) have no effect on it. Also, it causes things that chain to the summon of a monster (Bottomless, Torrential) to miss the timing, ensuring the summon of your monster unless they negate Magical Dimension. I understand it's a -1 and all, but it still seems pretty sweet to me.

Guest PikaPerson01

Wouldn't Shrink' date=' in the end, be a +0 since the monster attacking will most likly be destroyed? [/quote']

When throwing in variables like that it, once again, overcomplicates a system that is supposed to be simpler. Yeah, Bottomless Trap Hole is a 1-for-1, but if you use it on the Brionac your opponent just wasted two cards to summon... yeah.

Wouldn't Shrink' date=' in the end, be a +0 since the monster attacking will most likly be destroyed? [/quote']

When throwing in variables like that it, once again, overcomplicates a system that is supposed to be simpler. Yeah, Bottomless Trap Hole is a 1-for-1, but if you use it on the Brionac your opponent just wasted two cards to summon... yeah.

-.- that isn't over complicating it, by that logic, Reckless Greed is a +1 by itself because the draw phases don't count towards advantage. It's a -1 to summon Brionac, that doesn't come into play for Bottomless because the only card it affects is Brionac itself. Shrink, on the other hand, is immediatly followed by the destruction of the monster, so the monster is included in the + and -, therefore making Shrink a -1 in principle, but a +0 in action.

I understand what you are saying, and it's true, but in most applications of Shrink it will be a +0.

Guest PikaPerson01

You're overcomplicating it. I mean, yeah Shrink is a 1-for-1 when you have a monster with more then half of the opponents monster's attack when they don't have Honest or Kalut when Waboku's not in play, etc etc.

In the same way Magical Dimension is a 1 for 1 when your opponent uses Brain Control or Mind Control while you control a spellcaster while you have in your hand a spellcaster that would be more useful on the field while your opponent has a monster on the field.

But like... which one is more situational?

None. Shrink is good for nearly any deck. Of course, I remember when I dueled against this guy named Philip, he activated fissure on my Tricky, I chained with Shrink and shrunk my Tricky to keep him alive, then activate threat to make sure he survives.

This guy... IDK, I've never had a spellcaster deck.

You're overcomplicating it. I mean' date=' yeah Shrink is a 1-for-1 when you have a monster with more then half of the opponents monster's attack when they don't have Honest or Kalut when Waboku's not in play, etc etc.

In the same way Magical Dimension is a 1 for 1 when your opponent uses Brain Control or Mind Control while you control a spellcaster while you have in your hand a spellcaster that would be more useful on the field while your opponent has a monster on the field.

But like... which one is more situational?

[/quote']

I'm not trying to make Magical Dimension a +0, I was stating that plenty of -1 are popular today

and yes, I did change the subject because I have no rebutal <.<

Archived