[DISC] Goyo Guardian

Should be at 0' date=' like every other Synchro.

[/quote']

Gaia Knight...

Naturia Gaodrake

But Synchros are a lot different. They don't take up deck space, and are a "special tribute summon". It allows for more aggressive plays easier. After flip summoning, lets say, a Ryko, he should normally be done with being useful unless you are using him for tribute. With a Tuner, he can be used to again, "reducing the cost" of the synchro summon. Combined with the fact that many of the best tuners can be special summoned means a more aggressive game, with less draw back because the synchro summon used up either A) Monsters who were already past its uses or B) Monsters that weren't that valuable, in terms of game position.

Naturia Gaodrake maybe one of the few exceptions to this, as it is horribly uselessly situational.

Too much attack for too little stars? Indeed. Powerful effect? Not quite...

Compare it to Brionac (which is lvl 6 as well). Goyo can easily be destroyed by Traps like Mirror Force, Sakuretsu, or Dimensional Prison and monsters you'll Summon by his effect can't be too strong since most strong monsters "can't be special summoned, unless..."

It has its place in the list, but as Limited, not Forbidden

Should be at 0' date=' like every other Synchro.

[/quote']

Gaia Knight...

Naturia Gaodrake

But Synchros are a lot different. They don't take up deck space, and are a "special tribute summon". It allows for more aggressive plays easier. After flip summoning, lets say, a Ryko, he should normally be done with being useful unless you are using him for tribute. With a Tuner, he can be used to again, "reducing the cost" of the synchro summon. Combined with the fact that many of the best tuners can be special summoned means a more aggressive game, with less draw back because the synchro summon used up either A) Monsters who were already past its uses or B) Monsters that weren't that valuable, in terms of game position.

Naturia Gaodrake maybe one of the few exceptions to this, as it is horribly uselessly situational.

Add to it: Alot of Tuners can also revive other monsters.

It was Konami's attempt at making a more aggressive Metagame, and they suceeded at such.

Goyo doesn't hurt the game enough to be banned' date=' but he was really annoying, even though that's not a viable excuse to limit something.

[/quote']

Brionac is alot more annoying then Goyo

Still think he should be banned.

Brionac would go first' date=' before Goyo

Keep him at 1 untill you get rid of the whole synchro mechanic

Synchros will be like Spirts and Unions.

They only need to keep adding them to keep up with the current 5Ds snime.

Once 5Ds is over, Konami will probobly stop producing Synchros alltogether.

You just have to be patient.

IMO: Synchros are fun, and add an interesting twist to the game.

Raiza be at 0' date=' like every other Tribute Monster.

[/quote']

Shapesnatch...

Gaia the Fierce Knight

But Tributes are a lot different. They don't take up any more deck space than a Tuner, and are a "normal synchro summon". It allows for more aggressive plays easier. After flip summoning, lets say, a Ryko, he should normally be done with being useful unless you are using him for synchro. With a Tribute Monster, he can be used to again, "reducing the cost" of the Tribute Summon. Combined with the fact that many of the best tribute fodder monsters can be special summoned means a more aggressive game, with less draw back because the tribute summon used up either A) Monsters who were already past its uses or B) Monsters that weren't that valuable, in terms of game position.

Gaia the Fierce Knight maybe one of the few exceptions to this, as it is horribly uselessly situational.

More seriously: banning every Synchro Monster is a retarded idea. There are definitely problems with the Synchro system right now - some Synchro Monsters need to go (including Goyou), and some methods of pumping out Synchro Monsters need to go - but to ban every Synchro Monster is simply absurd, and is pretty much just an automatic reaction of those too lazy to hunt down the mechanic's real problems.

His stars are too low' date=' and his ATK too high.

Still think he should be banned.

Cheap, too.

[/quote']

Let's say I make a level 2 vanilla synchro with 3000 atk. It does seem too high for it's lv. but considering the fact that it's a synchro it's a bit hard to bring out and way more situational than a lv 6.

That's not a reason to ban Goyo. Generic cheap monster stealing effect on the other hand...

Let's say I make a level 2 vanilla synchro with 3000 atk. It does seem too high for it's lv. but considering the fact that it's a synchro it's a bit hard to bring out and way more situational than a lv 6.

So... in your opinion ... a 3000 ATK monster should be lvl 2?

What people don't get is that being a Synchro Monster doesn't affect that monster's level in any way. Do you mean that if there were a Goyo non-Synchro version it's level should be different than the Syncro version's?

Yes, go on ahead and compare Gaia (Synchro) with Gaia (Normal) and tell me that one is lvl 6 and one is lvl 7. To that I'll tell you to compare Metal Armored Bug (2800 ATK/1500 DEF) with Blue Eyes (3000/2500) and I'll tell you that they are the same level, despite their differences in ATK and DEF. So the difference between Gaia's (Synchro) and Gaia's (Normal) levels isn't because one is Synchro and one is not

Also, what the heck.. Removing the Synchro system because you keep Synchro's in your Extra Deck? That's the 2nd dumbest thing I've heard today. Then why not remove Fusions, as well? Everybody can use Sycnhros. Tuners fit in EVERY Deck.

What people don't get is that being a Synchro Monster doesn't affect that monster's level in any way. Do you mean that if there were a Goyo non-Synchro version it's level should be different than the Syncro version's?

Yes' date=' go on ahead and compare Gaia (Synchro) with Gaia (Normal) and tell me that one is lvl 6 and one is lvl 7. To that I'll tell you to compare Metal Armored Bug (2800 ATK/1500 DEF) with Blue Eyes (3000/2500) and I'll tell you that they are the same level, despite their differences in ATK and DEF. So the difference between Gaia's (Synchro) and Gaia's (Normal) levels isn't because one is Synchro and one is not

[/quote']

Levels mean something completely different for Synchro Monsters from what they do for other monsters. For Main Deck monsters, Level primarily represents the number of Tributes required for a Normal Summon - and, less directly, how well that card interacts with cards like Trade-In. For Synchro Monsters, however, Level means something completely different; it represents what Levels the Synchro Material Monsters must be to perform a Synchro Summon. These two do not have anything even remotely resembling a one-to-one conversion ratio, and to imply that they are equal is to demonstrate a total lack of understanding of pretty much every mechanic in the game.

Levels mean something completely different for Synchro Monsters from what they do for other monsters. For Main Deck monsters, Level primarily represents the number of Tributes required for a Normal Summon - and, less directly, how well that card interacts with cards like Trade-In. For Synchro Monsters, however, Level means something completely different; it represents what Levels the Synchro Material Monsters must be to perform a Synchro Summon. These two do not have anything even remotely resembling a one-to-one conversion ratio, and to imply that they are equal is to demonstrate a total lack of understanding of pretty much every mechanic in the game.

See? That's exactly what I mean.. People just don't understand the point I'm trying to bring out >__> ... Levels for Main Deck monsters and Sychros have different uses, indeed. But they are established the same way. For instance, I bet if there were a "Blue Eyes Synchro Dragon" (Vanilla 3000/2500), it would be lvl 8, just like the "Blue Eyes White Dragon", because they are the same card. Just with a different Summoning method

Yes' date=' go on ahead and compare Gaia (Synchro) with Gaia (Normal) and tell me that one is lvl 6 and one is lvl 7. To that I'll tell you to compare Metal Armored Bug (2800 ATK/1500 DEF) with Blue Eyes (3000/2500) and I'll tell you that they are the same level, despite their differences in ATK and DEF. So the difference between Gaia's (Synchro) and Gaia's (Normal) levels isn't because one is Synchro and one is not

[/quote']

Listen to Crab, both me and my older bro agrees with him.

OP card is OP.

i don't have a problem with 6 star synchro at 2800' date=' but it can steal your monster without any restriction. if the stolen monsters had some restriction, it would be better

[/quote']

yeah. but then I would be in a jam since I frequently use this card.

goyo seems fine at 1' date=' is it really banworthy?

if anything this can boil down to the heavystorm argument, goyo always being there makes you wary about playing lv8s and monarchs right off the bat, see where im going with this...

[/quote']

This is what I read:

DAD and JD should stay because them always being there makes people play better.

Granted mine is a bit out there, but I think you understand what I mean. This goes back to the whole "a limited broken card is still broken" arguement. Personally, I understand both views, but I would like to see it banned. If it had less ATK, I would be fine with it, but it's a 2800 beatstick that just so happens to also have an awesome effect *insert allusion to DAD here*.

goyo seems fine at 1' date=' is it really banworthy?

if anything this can boil down to the heavystorm argument, goyo always being there makes you wary about playing lv8s and monarchs right off the bat, see where im going with this...

[/quote']

Stealing Monarchs with Goyo is pointless.

They have low DEF, and an effect which is redundant when it's SSed.

If you wanna steal somethig good with Goyo, steal Stardust.

Archived