Threating Roar VS Waboku

Would you play Threating Roar or Waboku  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you play Threating Roar or Waboku

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah because you're oh-so-likely to face half those cards.

You're far more likely to face blackwings/LS' date=' and in that matchup Waboku is superior.

[/quote']

I run a Six Sam deck. Irou and Zanji would like to meet you.

Also, GB is near dead, but not completely. You can't always know what your opponent runs. Plus, my lil cousin Micheal runs a Sasuke Samurai deck, let's just say this, it had beaten the odds.

I would like to add to VK's post that that not everybody plays the top-tier decks because not everybody plays competitively. While Waboku may be helpful in forcing your opponent to lose card advantage when played in the right situation against a LIGHT deck or Blackwings, you should also remember that there is one popular Synchro that can be used in both Lightsworn and Blackwings that Waboku cannot stop:

AllyofJusticeCatastorHA01-EN-ScR-LE.jpg

You're far more likely to face blackwings/LS' date=' and in that matchup Waboku is superior.

[/quote']

Also, GB is near dead, but not completely. You can't always know what your opponent runs. Plus, my lil cousin Micheal runs a Sasuke Samurai deck, let's just say this, it had beaten the odds.

I would like to add to VK's post that that not everybody plays the top-tier decks because not everybody plays competitively. While Waboku may be helpful in forcing your opponent to lose card advantage when played in the right situation against a LIGHT deck or Blackwings, you should also remember that there is one popular Synchro that can be used in both Lightsworn and Blackwings that Waboku cannot stop:

You...you saved me!

Anyhow, he's right about me being right. You can't always count on people using meta. There are some people out there who hate meta....like mez!

[/quote']

You...you saved me!

Anyhow, he's right about me being right. You can't always count on people using meta. There are some people out there who hate meta....like mez!

suddenly that card reminded me Arceus from Pokemon.

[/quote']

You...you saved me!

suddenly that card reminded me Arceus from Pokemon.

Suddenly, I feel like some people need more of a life..o.o

Also' date=' even GB use waboku. lronic.

[/quote']

Irrelevant. T-Roar is to be used AGAINST GBs. You're just proving the point for T-Roar.

... What? You're joking, right?

Maybe you misinterpreted what l said...

Probably. I was hesitating to post that because I was a bit... confused at the nature of your post.

Also' date=' even GB use waboku. lronic.

[/quote']

Irrelevant. T-Roar is to be used AGAINST GBs. You're just proving the point for T-Roar.

... What? You're joking, right?

Maybe you misinterpreted what l said...

GBs use Waboku to attack and survive the battle rather than almost purely for defense though. Waboku is better in GBs or against LIGHT decks and Blackwings. Threatening Roar is better everywhere else, including against GBs. That sounds like a basic summary.

How is roar better? Outside of GB's waboku outclasses it in every possible way.

As was stated throughout the thread: a few Six Sams, Catastor, and a plethora of randoms that one could build a deck around quite easily.

Catastor is seen in many meta decks, and T-Roar is better against it unless you're running mostly DARK monsters.

While you can make your opponent waste a monster and a card in hand, this is only against two decktypes.

Basically, my view is that they are even because they both essentially serve the same function, but they have different weaknesses (and remember: the chances of the weaknesses being exploited are equal for both).

Waboku is not better than Roar is most cases. Outside of the listed cards, they are equal.

Waboku allows to regulate the Battle Phase to your advantage. TR simply stops the Battle Phase altogether. Waboku will always be better' date=' despite the fact that it can't stop certain cards like Catastor.

[/quote']

Read Roar again. it doesn't stop the Battle Phase, it stops the opponent from declaring attacks. Big difference.

Explain how, outside of Honest & Kalut, Waboku can be used to "regulate the Battle Phase".

Waboku takes advantage of cards that must be activated through battle. You can let battle searchers, for example, be destroyed on purpose to SS a monster from your deck, then activate Waboku to prevent it's destruction. You can ram monsters of equal ATK into each other, and Waboku will protect your monster. You can allow one monster to be destroyed by battle(for whatever reason) and let the rest of your monsters be under Waboku's protection. It's simply more versatile than TR.

Waboku takes advantage of cards that must be activated through battle. You can let battle searchers' date=' for example, be destroyed on purpose to SS a monster from your deck, then activate Waboku to prevent it's destruction.[/b'] You can ram monsters of equal ATK into each other, and Waboku will protect your monster. You can allow one monster to be destroyed by battle(for whatever reason) and let the rest of your monsters be under Waboku's protection. It's simply more versatile the TR.

The bolded can also be done with T-Roar. Read the text carefully. The middle one is a waste of protection.

Waboku takes advantage of cards that must be activated through battle. You can let battle searchers' date=' for example, be destroyed on purpose to SS a monster from your deck, then activate Waboku to prevent it's destruction.[/b'] You can ram monsters of equal ATK into each other, and Waboku will protect your monster. You can allow one monster to be destroyed by battle(for whatever reason) and let the rest of your monsters be under Waboku's protection. It's simply more versatile the TR.

The bolded can also be done with T-Roar. Read the text carefully. The middle one is a waste of protection.

You're right the card ruling states that you can use TR the same way. But if Waboku's same-attack protection is waste, then TR's destruction protection is a waste as well.

You're right the card ruling states that you can use TR the same way. But if Waboku's same-attack protection is waste, then TR's destruction protection is a waste as well.

Actually, that's a big ***pull, and I saw that coming from a mule away.

Why do most run Waboku/T-Roar? To defend themselves. Attacking into something wth the same ATK, just to use Waboku, is wasting protection, especially when you can use monster destruction, which every good deck carries, to destroy it (unless, of course, said monster is "Stardust Dragon" or something similar). T-Roar blocking auto-destruction still protects you from enemy attacks and thus is not a waste.

Archived