Threating Roar VS Waboku

Would you play Threating Roar or Waboku  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you play Threating Roar or Waboku

Remember that, even if we assume for argument's sake that you have a fair chance of running into Gladiator Beasts or Six Samurai or whoever else, you're going to want Waboku anyhow because the decks it counters are the decks that will give you the most trouble (and the cards it counters will similarly be troublesome cards). Against the highest tier of the meta, you need every advantage you can get; conversely, you should be able to deal with weaker decks even if you have the disadvantage of some of their monsters laughing at Waboku.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one goes into a duel thinking that they're going to ram Waboku into a monster. It is used primarily for battle protection and protection against Honest/Kalut. It just CAN be used for same-attack battle, in case you don't have a removal card available. Besides, I wouldn't waste a removal card on something Waboku can take care of anyway.

I will admit they are about the same in worth, as one will better than the other in certain situations. But TR is not just better than Waboku.

...wait what?

If I recall correctly' date=' Waboku cannot be activated during damage calculation, so how on earth is it making your opponent's waste their Honest/Kalut?

[/quote']

You have to be a bit smarter than that.

A. You've reduced your opponent to the point where they need to attack and use honest to get over a big monster you have on the field. Since the monster they have is weaker, you can be 100% sure they're going to use Honest. Activate Waboku. Now, they have to either waste Honest, or their monster dies.

B. You really want to kill this monster on their side of the field, but you know they have honest. So, you attack, activate Waboku, and now they either waste Honest or their monster dies.

Archived