This topic contains the core of Anti-Meta! [Koa'ki Meiru]

The stupid reliance on discarding an Iron Core every single turn for every single monster is a serious flaw.

There NEEDS to be a continuous spell card that can act as the Iron Core and not have to be discarded. But' date=' knowing Konami, this may never happen.

[/quote']

What? Flaw! Depending on the core is a flaw? Wait... you want us to what? A continu...- What? Nah' date=' that'll never get us money! Now here's an idea: Continuous Spell Card, Once per turn, Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your hand or Deck and send the top 5 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card is removed from the field, add 1 Judgment Dragon from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand." We'll call it "Good Game!" Yup! Now that, my good man, is pure win. ;)

[/quote']

^Yup... =/ Koa'kis are pretty awful

Dude, Core Chimail will soon be able to unite as one. The massive support in absolute powerforce.

There's so far only one song that comes to mind when I play Core Chimail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4wtMsfUpY

But their starting to become Swarm/Beatdown/Anti.

With the support their getting, their gonna be a huge family.

Wonderful. I now have no field so my opponent can run right over me' date=' and my monsters' "You cannot do anything!" effects don't work because they're not on my field anymore, defeating the whole purpose of running this archetype in the first place.

[/quote']

But mister Crabs!

Is there anyway to use this card effectively?

Wonderful. I now have no field so my opponent can run right over me' date=' and my monsters' "You cannot do anything!" effects don't work because they're not on my field anymore, defeating the whole purpose of running this archetype in the first place.

[/quote']

But mister Crabs!

Is there anyway to use this card effectively?

Um...

You can use it to have constant food for Maximus?

[/quote']

The point is to get a second copy to reveal for a koaki meiru in your hand or use core reinforcement on. Crusader has a good effect to generate some CA and works well with Urnight. Rooklord as a great effect but we'll need Bergzak for him to stay on the field a couple turns.

Guest PikaPerson01

In other words, you have to swarm with a bunch of monsters in a deck type that is (mostly) incapable of swarming?

On-topic: The whole "discard a core as a maintenance cost during the end phase" thing makes them garbage, as a united deck type. Maybe if it were something like, discard a core to activate their effects or something they'd be a workable theme but for the most part, they're just anti-meta splashable cards into actual good decks.

They can be made into a good (not great) stand-alone Deck running just their Warriors, Rocks and Beast-Warriors, often with other cards of the same types teched in, so that they can extremely often just reveal instead of discard and be rid of their biggest "flaw". Although Core should still be run for various cards that rely on it IMO.

Actually' date=' my Koa'ki based Decks never ran Ghoulungulate - there are no other Zombie Koa'kis, so he doesn't fit naturally at all, and the tribute kinda ruins his place.

[/quote']

Ghoulungulate stops Koa'kis from being destroyed by their own effect - himself included. Should you run out of Koa'kis in the Graveyard, you can always destroy one to save another.

THAT is all.

Actually' date=' my Koa'ki based Decks never ran Ghoulungulate - there are no other Zombie Koa'kis, so he doesn't fit naturally at all, and the tribute kinda ruins his place.

[/quote']

Ghoulungulate stops Koa'kis from being destroyed by their own effect - himself included. Should you run out of Koa'kis in the Graveyard, you can always destroy one to save another.

THAT is all.

3 Rocks, 3 Crusader and at least 7 monsters of each type I use, along with some other decent search of draw power, often, has always been enough for me to never have them destroyed by their effect anyway. Ghoulungulate has tested as either a dead draw or just un-needed.

Well spoken XL' date=' but Core Chimails also need a card to negate only their matenance cost. If that happens, they'll live up to what Konami wanted them to be.

[/quote']

IronCoreArmorSOVR-JP-C.jpg

Equip only to a "Koa'ki Meiru" monster. During damage calculation only' date=' monsters that battle with the equipped monster lose ATK equal to the equipped monster's Level x 100.[b'] If the equipped monster would be destroyed during the End Phase, you can send this card to the Graveyard instead.[/b]

The only problem is that it's lolEquip.

[/quote']

THAT is all.

3 Rocks, 3 Crusader and at least 7 monsters of each type I use, along with some other decent search of draw power, often, has always been enough for me to never have them destroyed by their effect anyway. Ghoulungulate has tested as either a dead draw or just un-needed.

I was talking Pure Koa'kis - I see that Ghoulungulate would be less useful in a hybrid.

Archived