This topic contains the core of Anti-Meta! [Koa'ki Meiru]

Actually' date=' my Koa'ki based Decks never ran Ghoulungulate - there are no other Zombie Koa'kis, so he doesn't fit naturally at all, and the tribute kinda ruins his place.

[/quote']

Ghoulungulate stops Koa'kis from being destroyed by their own effect - himself included. Should you run out of Koa'kis in the Graveyard, you can always destroy one to save another.

THAT is all.

3 Rocks, 3 Crusader and at least 7 monsters of each type I use, along with some other decent search of draw power, often, has always been enough for me to never have them destroyed by their effect anyway. Ghoulungulate has tested as either a dead draw or just un-needed.

I was talking Pure Koa'kis - I see that Ghoulungulate would be less useful in a hybrid.

I wouldn't call it much of a hybrid. Around 19-21 Koa'kis and 2-4 other monsters always worked.

Actually' date=' my Koa'ki based Decks never ran Ghoulungulate - there are no other Zombie Koa'kis, so he doesn't fit naturally at all, and the tribute kinda ruins his place.

[/quote']

Ghoulungulate stops Koa'kis from being destroyed by their own effect - himself included. Should you run out of Koa'kis in the Graveyard, you can always destroy one to save another.

THAT is all.

3 Rocks, 3 Crusader and at least 7 monsters of each type I use, along with some other decent search of draw power, often, has always been enough for me to never have them destroyed by their effect anyway. Ghoulungulate has tested as either a dead draw or just un-needed.

I was talking Pure Koa'kis - I see that Ghoulungulate would be less useful in a hybrid.

I wouldn't call it much of a hybrid. Around 19-21 Koa'kis and 2-4 other monsters always worked.

It could be helpful to mention that in your first post: Somehow, I don't consider Koa'ki Meirus to be "Other monsters" when talking about Koa'ki Meirus.

[/quote']

THAT is all.

It could be helpful to mention that in your first post: Somehow, I don't consider Koa'ki Meirus to be "Other monsters" when talking about Koa'ki Meirus.

None of the quotes in this pyramid say "other monsters" and if you were referring to my post saying "often with other cards of the same types teched in", then I was referring to those 2-4 other cards, since they are still pretty helpful in keeping a balance.

Guest PikaPerson01

Equip only to a "Koa'ki Meiru" monster. During damage calculation only' date=' monsters that battle with the equipped monster lose ATK equal to the equipped monster's Level x 100.[b'] If the equipped monster would be destroyed during the End Phase, you can send this card to the Graveyard instead.[/b]

The only problem is that it's lolEquip.

Really? The ONLY problem? Because I'm pretty sure this presents the exact same problem as the Iron Core does, a minus 1 effect during your end phase.

If they do, won't they just help their arch enemy then?

The whole point of Core Chimail is to hurt the meta, not to help it. Cards such as Core Chimail Devil, Drago, and the such have different attributes from their regular types.

Since JD, DAD, and the such are usually Dark or Light, Drago betrays his family to work with the Core Chimail monsters. The same goes for Devil.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Iron Core Quarry

Continuous Spell

During your End Phase, if an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" would be discarded, you can send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard instead. (This counts as discarding an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru".) If you added an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your Graveyard to your hand this turn, draw 1 card.

Actually' date=' they are actually good together. Not to mention they've got great stats.

I've made a Core Chimail deck, and it works great!

[/quote']

Please write the recipe in the Your Deck forum, post a link, and/or send me the link through PM. I've been trying to figure it out with little success.

[/quote']

THAT is all.

Actually, I'm sure Ghoulungulate can't protect them from their own effect because the destruction is part of a maintenance cost. Maintenance costs aren't effects.

The first sentence of this card is a maintenance cost' date=' not an effect. It does not start a Chain.[/quote']

Therefore, Ghoulungulate can't save Koa'ki Meirus from their own self-destruction.

Iron Core Quarry

Continuous Spell

During your End Phase' date=' if an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" would be discarded, you can send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard instead. (This counts as discarding an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru".) If you added an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your Graveyard to your hand this turn, draw 1 card.

[/quote']

That would be perfect!

Iron Core Quarry

Continuous Spell

During your End Phase' date=' if an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" would be discarded, you can send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard instead. (This counts as discarding an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru".) If you added an "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your Graveyard to your hand this turn, draw 1 card.

[/quote']

I luv you Chaos for creating a card to help Core Chimail!

You do know that not EVERY Koa'ki needs to discard correct?

Tornado, Hydro Barrier, and Boulder are a few that I own that don't need to discard...though Tornado and Barrier need to discard to use their effects (Which are pretty kick ass...especially tornado.) and Boulder is actually a searcher that can pull Iron Core from your deck...so.....

I like these cards. They're very fun...but I duel for fun rather than competition so it's more of an aquired taste I suppose....

You do know that not EVERY Koa'ki needs to discard correct?

Tornado' date=' Hydro Barrier, and Boulder are a few that I own that don't need to discard...though Tornado and Barrier need to discard to use their effects (Which are pretty kick ass...especially tornado.) and Boulder is actually a searcher that can pull Iron Core from your deck...so.....

I like these cards. They're very fun...but I duel for fun rather than competition so it's more of an aquired taste I suppose....

[/quote']

They don't discard. They put the Core on top of the Deck. Which combos alright with Speeder (who HOTUs Cores). But I LOVE Tornado. The reason I beat my friend's X-Sabers was because I kept getting Tornado back and kept clearing his field. It was ludicrously fun.

Archived