Codalos AKA Daedalus jr.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome new card, except I think you guys are overhyping this card. Theres no need to run 9 umis just to use this card, because that'll mean you wasted 9 spots just to kill with this card. It is a good card, but I wouldn't have the deck's focus be only this card, a water deck can be a lot more :) Running just 3 ALOS, 3 Warriors, 2-3 Codalos, and 3 Mother Grizzlys is fine to me.

Awesome new card' date=' except I think you guys are overhyping this card. Theres no need to run 9 umis just to use this card, because that'll mean you wasted 9 spots just to kill with this card. It is a good card, but I wouldn't have the deck's focus be only this card, a water deck can be a lot more :) Running just 3 ALOS, 3 Warriors, 2-3 Codalos, and 3 Mother Grizzlys is fine to me.

[/quote']

The 9 shots won't be just for this card. Remember the Daedalus and Neo-Daedalus. We already have an equivalent of JD and CED-EotE. This just makes it better.

Awesome new card' date=' except I think you guys are overhyping this card. Theres no need to run 9 umis just to use this card, because that'll mean you wasted 9 spots just to kill with this card. It is a good card, but I wouldn't have the deck's focus be only this card, a water deck can be a lot more :) Running just 3 ALOS, 3 Warriors, 2-3 Codalos, and 3 Mother Grizzlys is fine to me.

[/quote']

The 9 shots won't be just for this card. Remember the Daedalus and Neo-Daedalus. We already have an equivalent of JD and CED-EotE. This just makes it better.

hah, yeah. Though I think It should be in the range of 3-5 Umis, even with this, 9 umis is a bit extreme. Daedalus is also not always so easy to bring out, so I think if people run it with this deck, only 1 at max. Neo-daedalus isn't worth putting in the deck, too hard to get it out.

I've played Water for a long time, and I still can't decide what I should do once this comes out. Legendary Oppression, with creature swaps, mother grizzlys, and codalos since it doesnt special summon at all, or a Diva/Codalo Deck you can Synchro and Destroy stuff :P

hey do you guys think Codalo's effect works on your opponent's turn as well. It doesn't state that it can only be used on your turn. If it can, then it'll be a really great bluff card, they'll be scared to attack or play too many cards.

to thoch: 3 levia is really too much i think. Codalos is a way better card as it's effect can't really be negated,

its searachable by salvage, and mother grizzly, and no tributes.

hey do you guys think Codalo's effect works on your opponent's turn as well. It doesn't state that it can only be used on your turn. If it can' date=' then it'll be a really great bluff card, they'll be scared to attack or play too many cards.

to thoch: 3 levia is really too much i think. Codalos is a way better card as it's effect can't really be negated,

[/quote']

levia has been a good card for a while, so it's just been excepted as a good card for ALO, but wit codalos, levia may not be played as much, who knows?

and i think codalos is an ignition effect, so it could only acivate during your turn, but i didn't see on wikia what kind of effect it has.

[/quote']

hah, yeah. Though I think It should be in the range of 3-5 Umis, even with this, 9 umis is a bit extreme. Daedalus is also not always so easy to bring out, so I think if people run it with this deck, only 1 at max. Neo-daedalus isn't worth putting in the deck, too hard to get it out.

I've played Water for a long time, and I still can't decide what I should do once this comes out. Legendary Oppression, with creature swaps, mother grizzlys, and codalos since it doesnt special summon at all, or a Diva/Codalo Deck you can Synchro and Destroy stuff :P

ALO oppression sounds like a lulzy idea i should try anyday....for regular DAedeck I stick to my personal Daedalus Deck

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-178625.html

hey do you guys think Codalo's effect works on your opponent's turn as well. It doesn't state that it can only be used on your turn. If it can' date=' then it'll be a really great bluff card, they'll be scared to attack or play too many cards.

[/quote']

levia has been a good card for a while, so it's just been excepted as a good card for ALO, but wit codalos, levia may not be played as much, who knows?

and i think codalos is an ignition effect, so it could only acivate during your turn, but i didn't see on wikia what kind of effect it has.

yeah, i think it only works on your turn, but its still great. just load 3-5 umis in your deck, summon codalos and blow away the field, makes an umi in your hand as a +1 card. I used to love Daedalus until i found out its too hard to bring out anymore -.-

[/quote']

yeah, i think it only works on your turn, but its still great. just load 3-5 umis in your deck, summon codalos and blow away the field, makes an umi in your hand as a +1 card. I used to love Daedalus until i found out its too hard to bring out anymore -.-

Excuse me if I insist

He is very easy to summon here...

[/quote']

Excuse me if I insist

He is very easy to summon here...

I checked your deck out and commented it, I like what you did, the idea is pretty cool. Lots of draw power and destruction, but 3 daedalus is still overboard no matter what. Codalos at 3 is a lot better than 3 daedalus. Because you won't always have an umi and it's pretty useless. And also, Absolute Zero and Codalos is enough to get rid of the field, Daedalus is just another card doing the same job.

Yeah...but Daed can swing harder...

And 3 codalos is the real overkill since while is is good at removal he cant hit really hard so...

true codalos can be overkill at 3, but its better than having more daedalus becaue at times you can't get two or one tribute, and if it has lots of risk getting bottomless or torrential on it. You could try putting 2 mother grizzlys and 2 codalos, so you can search for it faster (as well maybe search for deep sea diva) and do its job with legendary ocean, also fills the grave with water. doesn't matter if it dies as long as it got rid of 2+ cards, as you can dump multiple times per turn :)

Archived