Gem Flood (Crystal Abundance)

CrystalAbundanceDP07-EN-R-1E.png

Effect:

Send 4 "Crystal Beast" cards from your Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard. Send all cards on the field to the Graveyard. Then, Special Summon as many "Crystal Beast" monsters as possible from your Graveyard, up to the number of your opponent's cards that were sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect.

By far the strongest finisher. I mean forget Return from the Different Dimension and Rekindling. This clears the field and swarms. It's not screwed over by Stardust Dragon and now with Solemn Judgment at 1 you have a pretty good success probability with this.

Guest Chaos Pudding

How hard is it for people to put the name of the card in the topic title?

He did. Gem Flood is it's Japanese Name.

That's a very poor excuse. Who would be searching for the Japanese name of a card they wanted to post?

That's a very poor excuse. Who would be searching for the Japanese name of a card they wanted to post?

Maybe they saw the name on the Wiki when they were getting the picture?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Maybe they saw the name on the Wiki when they were getting the picture?

Very flimsy reasoning. I guess I'll go change it myself.

Gem Beasts have a more traditional RFTDD/Rekindling in the form of Ruby Carbuncle anyhow' date=' so it's not like the extra vulnerability to negation makes them weaker, as they can always fall back on a standard swarm; this simply provides another (better) option.

[/quote']

Crystal Beast can swarm?

Sorry for the title I didn't know about that new rule. If you check some of my old topics you'll see that I often use the name of the card in a different language for the title. I guess I'll have to find something else now.

Gem Beasts have a more traditional RFTDD/Rekindling in the form of Ruby Carbuncle anyhow' date=' so it's not like the extra vulnerability to negation makes them weaker, as they can always fall back on a standard swarm; this simply provides another (better) option.

[/quote']

Crystal Beast can swarm?

As I said, Ruby Carbuncle. (Though even excluding Ruby they do at least have some degree of Special Summon power from Crystal Abundance, Crystal Promise, and the last effect of Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins.)

[/quote']

Crystal Beast can swarm?

As I said, Ruby Carbuncle. (Though even excluding Ruby they do at least have some degree of Special Summon power from Crystal Abundance, Crystal Promise, and the last effect of Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins.)

I was thinking other than carbuncle and abundance when you said "fall back on". Outside the 2 finisher, their swarm isn't great, you only get 1 extra monster, who's a crystal beast which isn't that great of a monster, at the cost of another card. It's like having a cyber dragon or a call of the haunted. It's also far from standard because people are used to six samurais, cyber dragon, blackwings, or stuff like lumina and zombie master.

[/quote']

Crystal Beast can swarm?

I was thinking other than carbuncle and abundance when you said "fall back on". Outside the 2 finisher, their swarm isn't great, you only get 1 extra monster, who's a crystal beast which isn't that great of a monster, at the cost of another card. It's like having a cyber dragon or a call of the haunted. It's also far from standard because people are used to six samurais, cyber dragon, blackwings, or stuff like lumina and zombie master.

But Ruby is always available, since Pegasus and Beacon can both fetch Ruby, and Ruby is great.

By far the strongest finisher.

Dimension Fusion?

best legal finisher, and besides D. Fusion doesn't clear the field. I run CB's and my friends hate when i use this

my friend Matt always bastards about how it should get banned XD, but it's like previously stated, OTK in a can, the only thing that can probably screw it over is if someone chained it to Roar, but even then i can still finish things off quick

half the time if your opponent has at least 4 cards on the field you can just show it and say "Game." feared by anyone who faces my CB's and a jabroni to anyone who's hit by it

Abundance is probably my favorite spell card

It's kind of opponent reliant for an OTK...

yeah' date=' but unless they are facing a burn deck, they will find their way into the spell and trap card zones for sure.

[/quote']

He's referring to how you won't Special Summon many monsters if the opponent's field is small, not to the process of crystallizing your Gem Beasts.

IMO, this card was more abusive in Wc08, and the early Wc09 format.

Wc08, because you could run lulzy combos like Eagle + Pegasus(and it actually worked)

Wc09, because it had Recue Cat in 3s.

Now-a-days, its still a pretty good finisher ;)

EDIT: Awwww, you cant use Ojama Trio D:

IMO, this card was more abusive in Wc08, and the early Wc09 format.

Wc08, because you could run lulzy combos like Eagle + Pegasus(and it actually worked)

Wc09, because it had Recue Cat in 3s.

Now-a-days, its still a pretty good finisher ;)

EDIT: Awwww, you cant use Ojama Trio D:

Archived