Why is this card so expensive? [Cyberdark Impact!]

CyberdarkImpact!TAEV-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

Seriously, I see this guy going for, like, a minimum of $25, usually 30. Do people actually use this card? I really want to make a for fun cyberdark deck, but I'm not dropping $75 on a playset of these.

Not much to discuss on the card itself, since it's so straightforward, so let's talk about what Cyberdarks would need to become a competitive deck, or interesting tech for Cyberdarks.

there are many ways to use cyberdark dragon' date=' but what's wierd is that the cyberdarks are machines, so in a deck, you would have to mix machines and dragons, which probably isn't consistent.

[/quote']

lolYCM

Cyberdarks are consistent if you run them right. They'll be better once we get Dragunities.

there are many ways to use cyberdark dragon' date=' but what's wierd is that the cyberdarks are machines, so in a deck, you would have to mix machines and dragons, which probably isn't consistent.

[/quote']

lolYCM

Cyberdarks are consistent if you run them right. They'll be better once we get Dragunities.

I'm wondering if Dragunity Dragons get their effect while equipped to a Cyberdark. I heard some people think so but if you look at their text:

"When this card is Normal Summoned, select 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard and equip it to this card."

and compare it with the text of an Dragunity Winged Beast for example: Dragunity - Dux

"When this card is Normal Summoned, you can treat 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard as an Equip Spell Card and equip it to this card. ........"

And if you then look at the effect of an Dragunity Dragon-Type monster like Dragunity - Phalax

"Activate only if this card is equipped to a monster due to it being treated as an Equip Spell Card by a card effect. ....."

You would see that Cyberdarks don't threat them as equip spell cards while DU Birdies do and therefore won't activated there effects. But I could be wrong here.

[/quote']

lolYCM

I'm wondering if Dragunity Dragons get their effect while equipped to a Cyberdark. I heard some people think so but if you look at their text:

"When this card is Normal Summoned, select 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard and equip it to this card."

and compare it with the text of an Dragunity Winged Beast for example: Dragunity - Dux

"When this card is Normal Summoned, you can treat 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard as an Equip Spell Card and equip it to this card. ........"

And if you then look at the effect of an Dragunity Dragon-Type monster like Dragunity - Phalax

"Activate only if this card is equipped to a monster due to it being treated as an Equip Spell Card by a card effect. ....."

You would see that Cyberdarks don't threat them as equip spell cards while DU Birdies do and therefore won't activated there effects. But I could be wrong here.

All monsters equipped to something, unless otherwise stated, make it an Equip Spell.

I'm 99% sure that was a ruling on Unions.

Any Monster or Spell Equiped to a monster is an Equip Spell Card

A Trap Equipped to a monster is just an Equip Card' date=' unless it states that it is an Equip Spell Card.

[/quote']

Never heard of that rulling, but then again it isn't something you usually care about but it does make me wonder why DU have it stated specifically. This way it does make up some awsome combos with DU's and Cyberdarks.

Cyberdarks are wierd like that I guess. They seem splashable, yet seem unsplashable at the same time. This fusion card is wierd too. However, I guess that this card is so valuable is because instead of throwing the cyberdarks into the graveyard, it sends them back into the deck. Since there is also support for bringing them out of the deck, then you can bring out another Cyberdark Dragon where it's worth comes out.

Guest PikaPerson01

[/quote']

lolYCM

What's so "lolYCM" about it? The support for Dragon decks (Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Stamping Destruction, Dragon's Roar, Dragon's Bead) is fundamentally different then the support for Machines (Limiter Removal, Cyber Phoenix).

But that may be unfair. I mean, Gravekeeper's and Destiny Heroes can cohabit the same deck, right? Things is though, they're not entirely reliant of each other. Without the Dragon part of the deck, the Cyberdark part falls entirely flat.

Cyberdarks are consistent if you run them right.

Eh' date=' never been fond of this argument. "Lol, [statement that goes against everything everyone has ever seen or heard about'], you just have to do it right!"

So, go ahead. How do you make a "consistent" Cyberdark deck?

They'll be better once we get Dragunities.

Only in some slight, marginal way like how Cyberdark Impact made Cyberdarks a "better" deck.

Cyberdarks are wierd like that I guess. They seem splashable' date=' yet seem unsplashable at the same time. This fusion card is wierd too. However, I guess that this card is so valuable is because instead of throwing the cyberdarks into the graveyard, it sends them back into the deck. Since there is also support for bringing them out of the deck, then you can bring out another Cyberdark Dragon where it's worth comes out.

[/quote']

If you're running this card instead of Overload Fusion, you're doing it wrong. If you're focusing your deck around Cyberdark Dragon, instead of Cyberdark Synchro/Cyberdark Virus Control, you're playing Cyberdarks wrong. This card definately fails, and is only expensive because of the stupid ignorant people that actually think Cyberdark Impact! is good.

I think Impact! is only worth so much because it's only been printed once, as a secret rare and it gives Cyberdark decks a large boost. Being sent to the deck, rather than grave or RFG (like other grave Fusion cards, like Miracle Fusion, Overload Fusion, and Dragon's Mirror), and being able to fuse from the hand, field, or grave, is an excellent tactic. The 3 regular Cyberdarks, to my experience, HATE being in the graveyard or RFG zone, because they only get their equipment effects when Normal Summoned. But give them a chance to be drawn again...it's like a Pot of Avarice for the 3 regular Cyberdarks, while giving you the big dragon instead of the draws.

Considering Cyberdark decks aren't quite competitive, the price range is a bit much.

Now, on the subject of Cyberdark decks, the first Cyberdark deck I played with used the Armed Dragons (before Hunter Dragon got released and before Crush Card Virus was banned). It almost never lost, and only RFG decks really gave it too much of a hassle. The newer deck I built focuses on the regular Cyberdarks, with the Synchro Dragons being the ideal target for Cyberdark Dragon. I think I liked my first deck better, though.

They can be VERY good if played/built right, but I suppose Synchro monsters kind of puts them in a tight spot, since most Synchros can easily match an equipped Cyberdark.

I think Impact! is only worth so much because it's only been printed once' date=' as a secret rare and it gives Cyberdark decks a large boost. Being sent to the deck, rather than grave or RFG (like other grave Fusion cards, like Miracle Fusion, Overload Fusion, and Dragon's Mirror), and being able to fuse from the hand, field, or grave, is an excellent tactic. The 3 regular Cyberdarks, to my experience, HATE being in the graveyard or RFG zone, because they only get their equipment effects when Normal Summoned. But give them a chance to be drawn again...[b']it's like a Pot of Avarice for the 3 regular Cyberdarks, while giving you the big dragon instead of the draws.[/b]

Considering Cyberdark decks aren't quite competitive, the price range is a bit much.

Now, on the subject of Cyberdark decks, the first Cyberdark deck I played with used the Armed Dragons (before Hunter Dragon got released and before Crush Card Virus was banned). It almost never lost, and only RFG decks really gave it too much of a hassle. The newer deck I built focuses on the regular Cyberdarks, with the Synchro Dragons being the ideal target for Cyberdark Dragon. I think I liked my first deck better, though.

They can be VERY good if played/built right, but I suppose Synchro monsters kind of puts them in a tight spot, since most Synchros can easily match an equipped Cyberdark.

I would rather take the draw with Pot of Avarice than have Cyberdark Dragon with Cyberdark Impact!, especially in a Cyberdark Oppression deck. It even gives them a GREATER chance of drawing another Cyberdark than Cyberdark Impact.

The problem is that Cyberdarks just don't need Cyberdark Dragon, and would actually be better off if it's not played. The only fusion card Cyberdark decks should probably be running is Chimeratech Overdragon.

[/quote']

lolYCM

well, they're quite different then most dragon or machine decks. i suppose there are a couple of good ways to do it, but i don't know much about cyberdarks anyways.

I made a Cyberdark deck on 09 and I found them to be a decent.

One of their biggest selling points is they work really well with Black Salvo.

Eh' date=' Salvo would've been a lot better back when we still had DSF.

[/quote']

We need another good generic lv 7 synchro to bring Cyberdarks back.

lnorite? This is crap.

l definitely say don't drop the cash, this isn't that great, and neither is CD. You'd be wasting your time.

Personally though, cyberdarks have gotten quite the load of synchro support and draw power in the forme of salvo/allure, but not enough to be competitive.

lf DSF was around...

Everybody runs them wrong ... with this ...

The big dragon is horrible. You either run the synchro version with Phalanx and Salvo (which is bad now, just like every Salvo deck) or an anti-meta version featuring Royal Oppression and the Viruses. This was also killed in the last format, because CCV was banned.

They were tier 3 last format.

They are tier crap now.

Archived