SJC LA Results

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems GBs aren't as dead as some of you may think.

That said' date=' I expected these results, pretty much. Except I thought there would be more Blackwings...

[/quote']

OMG 1 TOP!

Rescue Cat has 1 SJC top ... Norleras has 1 SJC top ...

And where are the decklists?

Do YOU have an SJC top? Ok then.

Glads are on their way back up. I'm playing glads in regionals and I would love to see the glad list. Was it fissure glads by chance?

I am talking about decks ... not players. And 1 top doesn't mean anything at all. Maybe he just got lucky. ALSO GBs have a good match VS Zombies and most of the people at the jump played Zombies.

So Good draws + Good matches = Top.

Seems GBs aren't as dead as some of you may think.

That said' date=' I expected these results, pretty much. Except I thought there would be more Blackwings...

[/quote']

OMG 1 TOP!

Rescue Cat has 1 SJC top ... Norleras has 1 SJC top ...

And where are the decklists?

Do YOU have an SJC top? Ok then.

Glads are on their way back up. I'm playing glads in regionals and I would love to see the glad list. Was it fissure glads by chance?

I am talking about decks ... not players. And 1 top doesn't mean anything at all. Maybe he just got lucky. ALSO GBs have a good match VS Zombies and most of the people at the jump played Zombies.

So Good draws + Good matches = Top.

That kinda works for the whole game... That's how it works. If you get lucky you win, if not, you lose. For example: Lightsworn. Enough Said.

I was expecting:

Top 16:

5 Zombies

3 Lightsworn

4 Twilight

1 GB

3 BW

Top 8:

3 Zombies

2 Twilight

2 Lightsworn

1 BW

Top 4:

2 Lightsworn

2 Zombie

Top 2:

1 Lightsworn

1 Zombie

Winner: Lightsworn

Interesting that GB made it to the Top 16. Maybe we can get them back into the Meta Game.

It's the way the matches are set up. They get certain Decks to play eachother to let other Decks contend, which is why LS was cut down to the number it was by the T16 and still won.

Zombies likely just beat on for-fun and Tier 2-2.5 Decks and don't actually run into LS until near the end.

The results aren't necessarily accurate representations of which Decks are actually faring the best, which Nationals seem more accurate in doing as they have a less deliberate way of matching players up.

Oh, and considering that "Twilight" is basically just a slightly varied LS build, LS is actually tied with Zombies even so.

Just sayin'.

PS: Here's to Vayu funking up! *Raises a glass*.

Top 16

0 original decks

16 meta decks

that's what we've been seeing for the past years

Have Alchemist Beatdown and Salvo-DAD been so quickly forgotten? Both were original' date=' and both were highly competitive.

[/quote']

I admit, Alchemy Beatdown was a decent Deck.

But since Salvo DAD can't live without DSF nor DAD...y'know where I'm going?

No' date=' I don't know where you're going because it seems clear that when you said "past years", you were going to be including all decks of the past years.

[/quote']

BW, LS, DAD and GB have been popular ever since they came out.

And they still are... ><

Cool. But you said there were no original meta deck, and I showed several. Also DAD itself has made original (non-archetypal) decks. TeleDAD was original.

Archived