SJC LA Results

Lol.

7 'Sworn and 7 Zombies in t16

4 'Sworn and 4 Zombies in t8

2 'Sworn and 2 Zombies in t4.

Yeah' date=' LS won out this SJC, but these guys are going f***ing neck to neck.

[/quote']

Konami had certain Decks go up against certain Decks if you catch my drift, but w/e.

Not true. Every single matchup in top 16, 8, 4 was posted and there is no trend of LS being paired against LS. In top 8 and top 4, every Zombie deck was paired with an LS deck and every LS likewise paired with zombies.

Also, top 16 decklists are now up.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol.

Yeah' date=' LS won out this SJC, but these guys are going f***ing neck to neck.

[/quote']

Konami had certain Decks go up against certain Decks if you catch my drift, but w/e.

Not true. Every single matchup in top 16, 8, 4 was posted and there is no trend of LS being paired against LS. In top 8 and top 4, every Zombie deck was paired with an LS deck and every LS likewise paired with zombies.

Top 16's the entire tournament? >_>

So what's up with the GB player?

His deck puzzles me' date=' he doesn't main test tigers or rescue cat and no heavy. He prefers a 3th shrink over a 3th book and only sides one d-fissure.

[/quote']

imo, he was just lucky.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely realized one thing - GBs cannot overpower other top decks of the format. So he's not even going to try. No point in running cat/tiger in a futile bid to try and rev up the speed to LS/zombie level.

However, some of his decisions just have me stumped. I sort of understand no heavy (there aren't many continuous cards that can hurt him, and if it's not continuous heavy might not do much good.) Shrink over book is kind of weird, all I can imagine is that it helps beat stardust better than book does (unless you have a ss'd Laquari or a fusion, you can't run over a booked stardust, and since attacking flips it up you can't murmillo either. Shrink on the other hand doesn't have that problem).

Fissure at one is strange.

Lol.

[/quote']

Top 16's the entire tournament? >_>

No, but the original poster was comparing how they progressed in the top 16 itself (that is, head to head).

Archived