Hello as anyone seen my pet cat [Infernity Mirage]

I heard this effect is a Quick Effect, but I'm not convinced that's true because it doesn't say it can be used on the opponent's turn. That could just be the Wiki not changing it from the anime version yet.

An awesome Infernity card, can be searched with One For One, and can make for some awesome comebacks since it can revive any 2 Infernity monsters except itself, so you could revive Necromancer (as Necromancer's only condition is it can't summon itself) to summon more Infernity monsters and then Synchro like mad with Beetle or Revenger. Reviving Archfiend can let you search out Infernity Gun for even more revival/Synchro stunts. The only real weakness is that it must revive exactly 2 monsters, which can be inconvenient in the rare instances where you can use its effect, but only have 1 or 0 monsters in the grave, or if one of your grave Infernities are one of these.

I love this card, but I notice it's basically a monster version of Infernity Gun. Unlike Gun, drawing 2 in your opening hand is annoying, since one of them is going to get wasted, if either are used at all.

Just like every other Infernity card' date=' the first few words have killed it.

[/quote']

Okay, so it's not splashable. The theme is still pretty solid with the new support. And the Infernity theme is to have no cards in your hand. It's like complaining that Lightsworn milling your deck kills the card: It's part of the theme idea (admittedly, self-mill can be abused more by other decks than being handless). The fact is, Infernity cards have really powerful effects that can quickly overwhelm the opponent if you use them right. Infernity Beetle can summon 2 more copies of itself and it's a level 2 tuner. Infernity Mirage can summon 2 more Infernity monsters. Infernity Archfiend lets you search your deck if you Special Summon it (by any means), and if you draw it while handless, you can Special Summon it. Infernity Guardian is unable to be destroyed by battle or effects. Infernity Destroyer deals a powerful burn punch. Infernity Necromancer is a revival engine and so on.

None of those cards are splashable because of the need to have no hand to use the effects (Doom Dragon being a Synchro is a possible exception), but in an Infernity deck, they're amazingly abusable. The only cost is to not have a hand, which does force overextending at times, as well as topdecking, but the effects can generate a lot of advantage and/or Synchroing, and if you use a bunch of versatile/chainable quick play spells or traps, you can set them with less "uselessness" than most cards the average deck might set to force handlessness.

I like the Infernity theme; I think it's a bit creative. The fact it can really only be abused by its own theme only makes me like them more. But before TSHD, the Infernity theme was too undersupported to make them work well and that's when the "first few words" killed them. Too much effort for too little.

It is because no one still asimilate the concept of the handless combo in a game play where card advantage is all.....and that is what makes Infernities so Special......

I mean MTG did it....when released the Hellbent mechanic and it was one of the greatest decks that format....why can we learn to love it?

OT:

The can't be summoned from Grave effect has nothing to do with necromancer but with other copies of itself...coz it will generate an infinite loop. Necromancer will be like an extra push to that.....

And again this card will become a Staple in any good infernity deck.

Just like every other Infernity card' date=' the first few words have killed it.

[/quote']

Okay, so it's not splashable. The theme is still pretty solid with the new support. And the Infernity theme is to have no cards in your hand. It's like complaining that Lightsworn milling your deck kills the card: It's part of the theme idea (admittedly, self-mill can be abused more by other decks than being handless). The fact is, Infernity cards have really powerful effects that can quickly overwhelm the opponent if you use them right. Infernity Beetle can summon 2 more copies of itself and it's a level 2 tuner. Infernity Mirage can summon 2 more Infernity monsters. Infernity Archfiend lets you search your deck if you Special Summon it (by any means), and if you draw it while handless, you can Special Summon it. Infernity Guardian is unable to be destroyed by battle or effects. Infernity Destroyer deals a powerful burn punch. Infernity Necromancer is a revival engine and so on.

None of those cards are splashable because of the need to have no hand to use the effects (Doom Dragon being a Synchro is a possible exception), but in an Infernity deck, they're amazingly abusable. The only cost is to not have a hand, which does force overextending at times, as well as topdecking, but the effects can generate a lot of advantage and/or Synchroing, and if you use a bunch of versatile/chainable quick play spells or traps, you can set them with less "uselessness" than most cards the average deck might set to force handlessness.

I like the Infernity theme; I think it's a bit creative. The fact it can really only be abused by its own theme only makes me like them more. But before TSHD, the Infernity theme was too undersupported to make them work well and that's when the "first few words" killed them. Too much effort for too little.

I summon Black Rose Dragon.

GG! Game 2?

[/quote']

GG! Game 2?

I activate Starlight Road....

*Coz any good Infernity deck must at least tech it*

[/quote']

GG! Game 2?

If I as running them, I'd be maining Solemn and MBaaS, probably something else like Books that can stop Synchros too.

[/quote']

GG! Game 2?

I activate infernity reflector, my monsters survive, you take 1000

And that is why I find Infernity Guardian so full of awesomeness. It singlehandedly locked down a Lightsworn deck once because it couldn't die in battle and JD couldn't nuke it. Come to think of it, do most LS decks run RFG removal or bounce/spin cards? And even if Black Rose nuked the field, Infernity decks have this amazing ability to come back from nothing. Infernity Guardian stalls, Infernity Mirage, Infernity Archfiend, Infernity Gun, Infernity Necromancer all give the ability to swarm the field. And I did say a good deck would use chainable spells and traps to counter threats. An example is Book of Moon, Offerings to the Doomed (maybe), etc.

Infernity decks are the only decks I know where topdecking with nothing out is nowhere near GG unless they get a REALLY bad draw. Let's not overlook they can Synchro extremely easy due to having their own pair of Infernity tuners and half-dozen recursion effects.

Archived