Magician of Faith

magician of faith.

is it unbannable in this meta?

its bannability is largely based on the targets it can grab. which brings into question the bannability of said cards. assume that all broken cards that it could recycle, ex. brain control, were banned. can mof come back to this game? it /is/ rather slow for this meta, being a flip effect.

unless there's a loop i'm unaware of.

thoughts ycm?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be unbanned but you can't recklessly put this at 3; we don't really know how this would affect the game. I would put it at 1' date=' and see how it affects the game before deciding it's final position on the list.

[/quote']

This.

We must first see how one affects the game. If she's highly abusable, ban. If she's somewhat good, semi.

We've been asking for this to go to 3 for - I don't even remember how long, but it was at least two years.

I believe there is a loop-ish kind of thing with it involving book of moon' date=' but can't remember which one.

[/quote']

Yeah, it's a really game-breaking loop. You use Book of Moon on Magician of Faith, and then Flip Summon Magician of Faith to get the Book of Moon right back. Look at all the amazing progress you made with that overpowered combo.

People would probably use it in Empty jar' date=' which totally breaks it.

[/quote']

Morphing Jar, for a start, is easily banworthy on its own even before Empty Jar is mentioned.

If book of moon is moved to 2' date=' I smell an infinite loop! :p

[/quote']

Did you not read what Crab wote. The combo gets you no where. Use Book to set MoF then flip to get back the book. What advantage have you gained?

then ban heavy storm?

with as much general and st destruction as exists in this meta' date=' it's no longer necessary for the game, imo.

[/quote']

1 4 1 or theme specific removal can't replace Heavy.

Their are other cards that can stop Speel and Traps you know that aren't either of those.

It should be unbanned but you can't recklessly put this at 3; we don't really know how this would affect the game. I would put it at 1' date=' and see how it affects the game before deciding it's final position on the list.

[/quote']

Putting it at 1 would have the same affect at 3. Hell 3 would be better because you can see the affect with more ease.

Also since people have been saying "this meta" you can unban a good amount of cards and see little change.

MoF does nothing and I mean nothing in Empty jar without Pot of Greed, that was the only reason it was played. The loop was pot of greed, set mof use taiyou, get back pot of greed, book of moon, book of taiyou, get back pot of greed... Until you can place a jar to mill the opponent (cyber jar back in the days).

Archived