Malicious Vs. Malevolent

I know a lot of people use Malicious because he's good for syncros..but It seems to me like Malevolent works just as good...its not semi limited..it has good attack..and its a light attribute, so once you syncro you can bust out chaos. Malicious is pointless without another..and you can only use it once. It also requires space for fear monger, or foolish if you want to speed up the deck; but with malevolent you can spam his summon as many times as it takes. Sure if its on the field at the end of the turn you normal summon it without tributing it gets destroyed and you take 2400..but if you're just using it for synchros you don't have to worry about that.

Idk, maybe theres something to Malicious that I'm just not seeing..let me know if I'm wrong

Malicious Special Summons Malicious without using up a card from your hand.

Malevolent Gear Normal Summons Malevolent Gear and uses up a card from your hand.

There are two very important differences between the two. The latter alone is enough to make Malevolent Gear outclassed, since a variety of other cards can place Synchro Fodder on the field at the cost of a hand card as a Special Summon; add in the fact that it uses up a Normal Summon, and Malevolent Gear is just far too weak.

Malicious Special Summons Malicious without using up a card from your hand.

Malevolent Gear Normal Summons Malevolent Gear and uses up a card from your hand.

There are two very important differences between the two. The latter alone is enough to make Malevolent Gear outclassed' date=' since a variety of other cards can place Synchro Fodder on the field at the cost of a hand card as a Special Summon; add in the fact that it uses up a Normal Summon, and Malevolent Gear is just far too weak.

[/quote']

malevolent goku en..not gear

sure it uses up the normal summon, but just think about how much space in your deck is freed for more useful cards..with malicious 1/4 of your deck is devoted to using him once for a synchro..with krebons and plaguespreader it doesn't matter that its a normal summon..because you can just pay to keep krebons out or special summon plaguespreader

Malicious is Special Summoned and works with Destiny Draw and Stratos.

This is why it's better.

but look at all the space your using just to synchro once with him. i don't see the appeal of devoting 1/4 of your deck to once synchro

You clearly don't understand the value of your Normal Summon when making the synchro, and Malicious doesn't take ANY devotion to Synchro - it makes your Deck faster with Stratos and D-Draw by thining your Deck so that you can get right to your other cards and gives +1s all over the place while you're at it.

A synchro with Mali is a +0

With Goku, it's a -1

Searching Mali with Stratos is a +1

Goku will never be a +1

Using Stratos, Mali and D-Draw will get other cards such as DAD or whatever you're running through draw power

Goku does not contribute to the rest of the Deck

And so it continues.

You clearly don't understand the value of your Normal Summon when making the synchro' date=' and Malicious doesn't take ANY devotion to Synchro - it makes your Deck faster with Stratos and D-Draw by thining your Deck so that you can get right to your other cards and gives +1s all over the place while you're at it.

A synchro with Mali is a +0

With Goku, it's a -1

Searching Mali with Stratos is a +1

Goku will never be a +1

Using Stratos, Mali and D-Draw will get other cards such as DAD or whatever you're running through draw power

Goku does not contribute to the rest of the Deck

And so it continues.

[/quote']

well since you put it that way...

malevolent goku en..not gear

The OCG name calls him a gear' date=' and I use OCG names when I think they sound better. >_>

stuff about deck space

Malicious's engine is good and gets lots of advantage; it's easily worth the deck space, especially since all the searching and drawing thins and accelerates the deck significantly. Gear-boy is just dead weight - even if you wanted to spend a card from your hand to get the Synchro Fodder, you would use something like Vice Dragon or Instant Fusion or just about anything else instead.

Archived