Earthbound Immortals

Ah, the Earthbound Immortals. They're amazing, but are generally seen as overall unplayable or noobish for someone to want to use them.

Each of the Immortals carry the same conditions. Without a field spell, they die. They can't be attacked, thus locking down attacks if they stand alone. Furthermore, they can attack directly. They are still prone to all forms of removal, so they're not broken. The weakest one, non counting Wiraqocha Rasca is Aslla Piscu, at 2500.

Earthbounds function best in decks devoted to them, but could possibly be placed in any deck willing to invest in a field spell. Each of them have their own ability.

Aslla Piscu: 2500 ATK. Widely considered the most playable Immortal. If removed by the field by any means to anywhere (except deck), the opponent's faceup monsters spontaneously self-destruct and take 800 LP per monster.

Cusillu: 2800 ATK, 2400 DEF. This Immortal has an easy OTK with Wild Nature's Release and Beast Soul Swap. Aside from that, it's Immortal ability is horrible. Tributing a monster to negate its destruction in battle and halve the opponent's lifepoints. We are talking about a monster that attacks directly and can't be attacked. Why the hell did they give it an effect that stops it from being destroyed in battle? That means you deliberately attacked a monster, and it became stronger than 2800. Horrible, except for its OTK.

Ccaryhua (I can't spell this name): 2800. It's decent, but carries a mediocre effect outside of its OTK with Clock Tower Prison. If it is destroyed outside of its own effect, the entire field is nuked. The...entire field. Yours, your opponents, everything. Not that good.

Wiraqocha Rasca: 100. Let's not discuss this because the flaws with it cause me pain. Normal Summoned. Lose field advantage for hand advantage and a small boost. With 3 cards lost, it's okay, but...

Ccapac Apu: 3000. Awesome attack power, but its personal effect is a Flame Wingman effect. Not good. A direct attacker that can't be attacked has no business battling with monsters. Unlike Cusillu, the effect is not completely stupid, just not useful.

Chacu Challhua: 2900 ATK 2400 DEF. Good attack power and while in defense mode, your opponent has no battle phase. In addition, in exchange for it not attacking, you can deal effect damage equal to half its DEF. Good burn, very annoying, but not one of my favorite Immortals.

Uru: 3000. Ah, my favorite Immortal. Has a built in Enemy Controller control effect and has the strongest ATK of all the Immortals. Plus it's a spider. What's not to like?

Archived