Royal Decree

I'm not too fond of lockdown decks because most lockdown decks also lockdown your own cards' date=' which I just don't like...

[/quote']

that why you don't use a bunch of traps with this in your deck.

but then you'll be left trapless until you draw this card. I'd rather just take whatever trap they have or counter with Dust Tornado or Dark Bribe (I prefer letting my opponent draw a card to paying life points)

I first learned about this card back when Horus L8 lock was actually a good deck. One of those cards thats probably never going to be outdated.

Horus Lock is still good..

Ya just gotta build it right anymore.

Pro: Activate this, then play Jinzo. Even if they destroy either one, there is no period that they can use a trap in between =D

Decree is fun. But i like Jinzo more..2400 walking Decree...

Pro: Activate this' date=' then play Jinzo. Even if they destroy either one, there is no period that they can use a trap in between =D

[/quote']

Well, Jinzo takes a tribute, and isn't easy to throw into just any deck. Plus, it's easier for a monster to be destroyed than a spell or trap (Arguably, that would be a different discussion). So I'll personally take royal decree before Jinzo in terms of traps; but Jinzo is a 2400 beatstick...

Pro: Activate this' date=' then play Jinzo. Even if they destroy either one, there is no period that they can use a trap in between =D

[/quote']

Well, Jinzo takes a tribute, and isn't easy to throw into just any deck. Plus, it's easier for a monster to be destroyed than a spell or trap (Arguably, that would be a different discussion). So I'll personally take royal decree before Jinzo in terms of traps; but Jinzo is a 2400 beatstick...

Thats my thing..If I'm gonna take a spot on the field..I'd rather it be something that can do damage.

Plus, again..Horus lock still works...It does well in tournaments here, but for some reason..It just has issues with Gladiator Beasts...*facepalm*

This could work in LS. Since they are powerful enough.

Care to remember you that MANY traps support LS? And they are actually useful...

I'm not too fond of lockdown decks because most lockdown decks also lockdown your own cards' date=' which I just don't like...

[/quote']

that why you don't use a bunch of traps with this in your deck.

but then you'll be left trapless until you draw this card. I'd rather just take whatever trap they have or counter with Dust Tornado or Dark Bribe (I prefer letting my opponent draw a card to paying life points)

Why need traps when you have good ol' quickplay spell cards?

OT: great. 'nuff said.

Care to remember you that MANY traps support LS? And they are actually useful...

Beckoning Light and ... owait that's all they need.

of the best Traps in yugioh' date=' nuff said.

[/quote']

lolno.

really? its not? because, last i checked this stopped: Mirror Force, TT, Beckoning Light, Dimensional Prison, etc...AND requires your opponet to waste a card in order to get rid of it.

You've just listed 4 traps that are better than it. And there are much more like the good old staples BTh and Coth( to some extent) and the broken Solemn and Oppression.

Only 1 good deck runs a lot of Traps and 3x Icarus, 1x MST, 1x Heavy + sided Delta Crows and easy access to BRD and Brionac will take care of this card.

true but your opponet still has to get rid of resources in order to remove it. on the other hand what you said is true, that the opponet is open to dozen ways to destroy/remove Decree, and that this format is too fast for this card. also im not saying "RUN THIS CARD, IZ TEH BEST EVER!11!" over BTH, Solemn, etc...im just saying its still one of the better traps in yugioh "IMO".

Beckoning Light and ... owait that's all they need.

Okay' date=' this isn't great versus LS, but if they lose their JD's or honests, and can't use Beckoning, they might be screwed over.

Only 1 good deck runs a lot of Traps and 3x Icarus, 1x MST, 1x Heavy + sided Delta Crows and easy access to BRD and Brionac will take care of this card.

well, Royal Decree could slow BW down a little, but they could get around this.

I was talking about the average deck when i said this card was great, but since LS and BW are everywhere, it's not as good as it used to be. oh well, it's still a classic.

Archived