The Night Assailant

Rulings state that you cannot return itself back with its own effect' date=' even though the card text would lead you to believe otherwise (since it is a Flip effect monster and in the Graveyard.)

[/quote']

...This means that there should've been an errata to say "except this card". Wow, Konami.

Anyways, I suppose that explains why it's Limited instead of sending it the Sinister Serpent route.

Rulings state that you cannot return itself back with its own effect' date=' even though the card text would lead you to believe otherwise (since it is a Flip effect monster and in the Graveyard.)

[/quote']

...This means that there should've been an errata to say "except this card". Wow, Konami.

Anyways, I suppose that explains why it's Limited instead of sending it the Sinister Serpent route.

Lord Poison and Colossal Fighter say hai.

Lumina and Zombie Master too.

[/quote']

Lord Poison and Colossal Fighter say hai.

Lumina and Zombie Master too.

However, those guys don't give you unlimited discard fodder. How are they relevant to Sinister Serpent at all? >_____>

They're relevant because lord poison can't summon itself but colossal can' date=' despite similar card texts. If zombie master is removed before resolution then its effect fizzles, whereas lumina doesn't fizzle despite similar wording.

[/quote']

Lord Poison has its exception in its card text "...except "Lord Poison".

Colossal Fighter can as it doesn't list this restriction.

Problem is that Night Assailant doesn't list the restriction "...except Night Assailant", but is ruled as such.

As for Zombie Master and Lumina (and possibly Night Assailant"), I blame Konami for a lot of things since they can't keep one thing straight with another. it may also just be poor translating from the Japanese card which may allow the card to be special summoned despite Lumina's removal, since in general when a Trigger effect is activated, removing the monster from the field usually fizzles it.

Looking at the Japanese versions (the card images) of Night Assailant on the wiki, there does seem to have an errata'd version with more text added, though not being able to read japanese, i couldn't tell you what was added.

Archived