Some people consider this cheating, but I believe it's useful.

What do you think of this?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of this?

• Awesome.
    • This is cheating itself.

This is the way of checking rares known as "Search".

When you are ready to buy packs, shake-a-shake-a it.

If one card jutts out of the others, there's a Super Rare or more stronger one inside. If not, it's not there. You can use this to get tons of strong cards without much effort or money. A great way of spending pocket money.

I myself did it yesterday, and it worked. What does the YCM Community think about this?

There is exactly 1 shop near me' date=' and the packs are placed next to the owner, so we can't touch the packs until we buy them. So, no scaling or bending or stuff like that for me :(

[/quote']

At wall mart, I try to guess which feels heavier. It works 1/3 of the time.

Walk into a wall mart.

Find a sealed box.

Bring to counter.

They scan it and it tells them the price of each booster.

Staff is ignorant so they think it's like $3 or whatever for the whole box.

Profit.

There is exactly 1 shop near me' date=' and the packs are placed next to the owner, so we can't touch the packs until we buy them. So, no scaling or bending or stuff like that for me :(

[/quote']

At wall mart, I try to guess which feels heavier. It works 1/3 of the time.

Walk into a wall mart.

Find a sealed box.

Bring to counter.

They scan it and it tells them the price of each booster.

Staff is ignorant so they think it's like $3 or whatever for the whole box.

Profit.

Sadly, I can believe that might actually happen -.-

I have a psychic ability. Seriously.

All I need to do is touch the pack with my index finger and I can tell if it has a Super Rare or higher in it. I'm right 95% of the time.

I had people staring at me when I searched through the rack of Shadow of Infinity packs when it first came out. When I finally grabbed one and bought it, I opened it up to reveal Uria, Lord of Searing Flames. Same with The Duelist Genesis, except I ended up with an Ultimate Rare RDA.

Guest PikaPerson01

Meh, no one I know considers any of those methods to be cheating. Anyway, card shop owners usually tend to keep the cards in a hidden back area, or choose one for you where I live...

Same here. I never actually scale because the card shop guys probably wouldn't let you. Of course' date=' you can buy a whole box, scale it, and resell the remaining ones at discount price.

[/quote']

That's when Ebay becomes your best friend.

I use ebay all the time. I only by packs usually with store credit. Last time I paid for packs was getting some twilight special editions.

Archived