Sending cards back to the deck (from the hand or graveyard)

While playing this game and studying it, I have been wondering about one thing:

"How come it is overpowered to place cards back into your opponent's deck these days?"

You see, today's meta is focused on sending cards to the Graveyard, so the opposite of that would be to send cards back to the deck?

Since confiscation is no longer overpowered in today's meta, I think it no longer deserves to be banned. I could see how come forceful sentry is banned (you look into your opponent's hand with virtually no cost, and send a card back to your opponent's deck).

Discuss this method and how it can be used in today's meta.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Hand destruction, especially the likes of Confiscation, will ALWAYS be overpowered. No two ways about it. That being said, if it were to be Limited in today's environment, it wouldn't make much of an impact.

Now what was this topic about, again?

*Facepalms*

I used it as a comparison to how broken forceful sentry is which sends a card back to the deck.

EDIT: To save some space, Confiscation and Forceful Sentry are cousins by effect. So now that we got that cleared up, let's turn this around to sending cards back into the deck and how it can be used today

Hypotetically a card like

Put that back there Byotch!!!

Trap/Spell

Normal

Your opponent selects and shuffle a card from his hand into his deck

or

Your opponent shuffle a card from his hand into his deck (Randomly)

Would be a perfectly balanced form of hand spining?

The thing with the likes of TFS, Confiscation, Dustshoot is the fact that you can select the cards you put back and take a look at your opponents hands, letting you prevent future movements on the opponent and rendering any aviable strategy useless....

now that we solve the confiscation problem...

There are not many cards that put cards back from the hand to the Deck...not balanced ones at least...

I don't think he means only from the hand, he means from anywhere a la Ehren and Jujitsu Master.

The best thing about spinning is that it removes the card from readily accessible areas (Graveyard, Out of play) to the Deck where there are fewer ways to retrieve it. Of course I'm only speaking of shuffling cards back into a Deck because topdecking them is broken en masse.

I once topdecked 4 cards in a turn using a lulzy antimetaish monarch Deck. They ran into Juju, I PWWB'd and discarded Shell. I tribued Juju for Raiza and set another PWWB, tutoring another Shell.

They gave up xD I had a 2400 beatstick and they had 4 turns of not-enough to defend themselves. I really should make that again.

I just thought of something good.

While protector of the sanctuary is out' date=' use disturbance strategy. Your opponent sends his/her hand to the deck and cannot draw them.

[/quote']

- You cannot activate cards if they make your opponent draw' date=' such as "Dragged Down into the Grave", "Card Destruction", or "Disturbance Strategy".[/quote']

But!

- If "Call of the Haunted" is chained to "Disturbance Strategy" to Special Summon "Protector of the Sanctuary"' date=' your opponent adds his/her hand to the Deck and shuffles it by the effect of "Disturbance Strategy", but "Protector of the Sanctuary" prevents him/her from drawing.[/quote']

Still it sucks that rulings kill some cards so much.......D:

Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi

One of like, two cards that spin to the bottom of the opponent's Deck. Just sayin'.

I've been in the middle of designing cards that could be splashed into Lightsworns to cycle cards back into the Deck (no, I don't think LS need support, it's just that the hypothetical fanfic character who would use these is a jabroni. :D), and I remember I made a Vanilla Support DAD that returned cards to the deck instead of destroying them. But anyway, I don't really know why returning cards to the Deck is so rare.

Grave Protector shuffles monsters destroyed by battle into the deck.

I guess it's rare because that makes the card's effect completely unusable. there are no cards whose effect activates while they're in the deck, so the card can only be used if drawn or searched by another card effect.

I guess it's rare because that makes the card's effect completely unusable. there are no cards whose effect activates while they're in the deck' date=' so the card can only be used if drawn or searched by another card effect.

[/quote']

farmiliar posesed? XD

why anyone has mentioned the en masse returning to the deck card, Rainbow Neos?

Lol' date=' Dustshoot wins this topic.

And confiscation, WTF?

[/quote']

But both are bannable so....

Oh yeah one is already banned

So Hey People what do you think of Pot of Selflessness.

Select a total of 2 cards from the Graveyard(s)' date=' and return them to their respective owners' Decks. After activation, this card is removed from play. Only 1 "Pot of Selflessness" can be activated per turn.[/quote']

Guest PikaPerson01

Select a total of 2 cards from the Graveyard(s)' date=' and return them to their respective owners' Decks. After activation, this card is removed from play. Only 1 "Pot of Selflessness" can be activated per turn.[/quote']

TheTransmigrationProphecySTON-EN-R-1E.jpg

TheTransmigrationProphecySTON-EN-R-1E.jpg

Oh NEWZ

The Transmigration Prophesy is a mean card

I mean what do you think of it being a SPELL CARD and not limited

Guest PikaPerson01

I mean what do you think of it being a SPELL CARD and not limited

Being a spell makes it worse. That means it's not chainable ("Lol, you used Zombie Master's effect to discard Mezuki and revive Goblin Zombie? Prophecy! Now you get none of them back! =D")

While playing this game and studying it' date=' I have been wondering about one thing:

"How come it is overpowered to place cards back into your opponent's deck these days?"[/quote']

Um, what? Last I checked it was only considered a crippling factor. Trap Dustshoot is considered overpowered, but for a completely seperate reason.

You see, today's meta is focused on sending cards to the Graveyard, so the opposite of that would be to send cards back to the deck?

Working against a meta doesn't make you overpowered. It simply makes you effective against commonly played decks. That'd be called anti-meta, which I should mention includes DD and cards that prevent Graveyard usage or Special Summoning, not silly "return to the deck" methods.

Since confiscation is no longer overpowered in today's meta, I think it no longer deserves to be banned. I could see how come forceful sentry is banned (you look into your opponent's hand with virtually no cost, and send a card back to your opponent's deck).

Okay, is that supposed to be a joke?

Discuss this method and how it can be used in today's meta.

What method, exactly?…

Archived