• Spiral Impact Beast •

Sander

[align=center]oixgd3.jpg

1 EARTH Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Beast-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, you can destroy 1 monster on the field. You can remove from play 2 cards from your Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the DEF of 1 face-up monster on the field. The effect of "Spiral Impact Beast" can only be used once per turn.[/align]

X-Saber much?

Well it would definitely work with the new Scrap cards though, especially needing EARTH-Tuner and Beast.

It works well in that build, especially if you end up having to destroy your own monster and at least Scrap will recycle back.

I don't have much else to say about it though. It's simplistic and maybe a little straightforward, THOUGH maybe, just maybe, the effect should be cut to half the DEF, only because DEF of monster tends to be high, especially now a days. Even with that price, you can kill someone in 3 turns if you use something like Metal Reflect Slime as the reference. Or even 4 turns with a basic 2000 defender. It must cost you 6 to 8 cards, but that's fine for a lot of decks and it wouldn't have to be the only burn damage you're doing.

Note this is coming from someone who does in fact still play burn deck.

Well it would definitely work with the new Scrap cards though' date=' especially needing EARTH-Tuner and Beast.

It works well in that build, especially if you end up having to destroy your own monster and at least Scrap will recycle back.

I don't have much else to say about it though. It's simplistic and maybe a little straightforward, THOUGH maybe, just maybe, the effect should be cut to half the DEF, only because DEF of monster tends to be high, especially now a days. Even with that price, you can kill someone in 3 turns if you use something like Metal Reflect Slime as the reference. Or even 4 turns with a basic 2000 defender. It must cost you 6 to 8 cards, but that's fine for a lot of decks and it wouldn't have to be the only burn damage you're doing.

[/quote']

I wasn't really thinking about how it would be used. And for the record, the decks that could use it with Metal Reflect Slime etc, etc, but there exists much removal out there nowadays. Heck, if I'd were to use it, I think that I would only be able to pull this effect off once or twice before it hits the Graveyard.

Oh, and edited the effect. Now, if you happen to control 2 "Spiral Impact Beasts", you can only activate the effect of 1 "Spiral Impact Beast".

"You can remove from play 2 cards from your Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the DEF of 1 face-up monster on the field. The effect of "Spiral Impact Beast" can only be used once per turn."

it should be "Once per turn, you can remove from play 2 cards from your Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the DEF of 1 face-up monster on the field."

other than that though, the OCG is just fine

effect isn't too original, but it balances out, so I'll give it 9/10

"You can remove from play 2 cards from your Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the DEF of 1 face-up monster on the field. The effect of "Spiral Impact Beast" can only be used once per turn."

it should be "Once per turn' date=' you can remove from play 2 cards from your Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the DEF of 1 face-up monster on the field."

[/quote']

I'm tempted to quote Lex Luthor right now, but I won't.

I used the same wording from Fairy Archer on this card. If I did it your way, I could activate this effect 3 times if I happen to have 3 copies of it out, but with the wording on this card, even if I happen to control 3 copies of this, I can only activate the effect of 1 of them.

Guest Cursed Reaction

Although I like the effect, it is never going to stay on the field for very long. Although, yes, it would work perfectly with Rescue Cat (if Rescue Cat wasn't Limited).

Archived