A Burning Question

Raylen

Certain people are atheists. Fine. No problem.

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things, like FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster)?

There have been some valid points with it - don't get me wrong. But I find anyone who even comes close to supporting religion gets flamed here. If there is nothing wrong with being atheist, then why is there something wrong with being Christian / Muslim / etc?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atheists obviously did not create Satanism. Atheism is the belief in a lack of a higher power. Satanism recognizes Satan and God as both being higher powers, with Satan being higher than God. It is a sort of Opposite Christian Theory. That is a huge generalization, because, as with all religions, it can't be summed up in a little paragraph, but that sums it up in a way religion-nuts might understand. I am neither Atheist nor Satanist, but I respect and do my best to understand the beliefs of others rather than give my fellow Christians bad names by ridiculing others and making ridiculous assumptions.

Maybe that's why I have yet to be flamed for my beliefs- I don't judge others based on theirs. Take note.

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like Satanism?

[b']There have been some valid points with it - don't get me wrong.[/b] But I find anyone who even comes close to supporting religion gets flamed here. If there is nothing wrong with being atheist, then why is there something wrong with being Christian / Muslim / etc?

My point was more, Satanism was created moreorless as a result of hatred to Christians. Maybe I am wrong, but please, stand your ground.

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like Satanism?

[b']There have been some valid points with it - don't get me wrong.[/b] But I find anyone who even comes close to supporting religion gets flamed here. If there is nothing wrong with being atheist, then why is there something wrong with being Christian / Muslim / etc?

My point was more, Satanism was created moreorless as a result of hatred to Christians. Maybe I am wrong, but please, stand your ground.

Religions aren't based on hatred. They are based on beliefs. Some people believe whole-heartedly that Satan is greater than Christ. They didn't make up a religion to express hatred, they did it to express their beliefs.

At points during the development of the Christian religion, Satan became its outspoken enemy, and this served the interests of all those who would use this to their advantage, inclusive of those who fashioned or recomposed the mythos of Satanism.

Okay? How does that in any way support your statement that Satanism was created out of hatred of Christians? Satan is Christ's enemy. At that time, people choose to start worshipping Satan because they feel that he might be a greater power than Christ, as he managed to corrupt Adam and Eve, the two people closest to Him. Again, this shows a genuine belief, not a jab at Christians.

A) Atheists didn't create satanism.

B) A lot of Atheists are douchebags towards Christians.

C) A lot of Christians are douchebags towards Atheists.

D) B and C do not encompass the majority of either group.

E) Topics about religion bait B and C. Stop making them.

Nicely put.

@ Cerebus: Ok. I take back what I said. I didn't mean create Satanism. The quote was meant to say that Satanism got really popular because of how Christians abused it. A lot of them were former Atheists. Also, a quick wiki would also tell you there is Atheistic Satanism.

Off Topic: I find it ironic that, as a Christian, I'm arguing in defense of Satanism. Just a thought :3

On topic: You really trust a wiki? All Wiki says is:

"Theistic Satanism is theistic as opposed to atheistic, believing that Satan (the Hebrew word for Adversary) is a real being, as opposed to purely a symbol of individualism."

... And? I don't see how whether or not he is a physical being or not has anything to do with our discussion thus far.

And by the way, Raylen, congrats for keeping a level head in all this. Religious debates tend to get very heated, but this one doesn't seem uncomfortable at all :)

Guest Random Dude

I'm a Christian and I don't care what other people believe in. Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Satanist, Atheist, It doesn't matter. I have actually questioned my religion on several occasions. What I don't like is when people are arguing about which religion is right and then it turns into a debate on the subject.

There isn't.

Most Christians are more or less hating towards Atheist than the other way around.

Satanism is a valid religion' date=' therefore you're basically being the religion-basher that you hate Atheism for being.

[/quote']

head-explodes-big-761159.jpg

This may sound a bit mean, but do you know why joke religions exist? Because of actual religions themselves.

Get your religion(s) out of our education and government system. Get your religion(s) out of other people's lives. As long as one is not unwantedly (word?) affected by another religion, there should be no problems. And if that person creates a problem, he is an idiot.

You want to get rid of Pastafarianism? Get the bullshit theory of intelligent design (which was obviously supported by Christians in an attempt to deter evolution) out of our schooling systems. You want to stop getting into fights with other people? Get your religion out of our government and actually seperate the Church and the State.

If I am not affected by religion in any way, shape, or form, I have no reason to create joke religions nor do I have a reason to flame others. Because I can let them believe whatever the hell they want, but I am not affected by their views.

Satanism is not a joke religion. And just because it is the opposite of Christianity doesn't detract from it's validity at all. That was a stupid statement coming from you, Raylen. Really. :/

Get your religion(s) out of our education and government system. Get your religion(s) out of other people's lives. As long as one is not unwantedly (word?) affected by another religion' date=' there should be no problems. And if that person creates a problem, he is an idiot.

You want to get rid of Pastafarianism? Get the bullshit theory of intelligent design (which was obviously supported by Christians in an attempt to deter evolution) out of our schooling systems. You want to stop getting into fights with other people? [b']Get your religion out of our government and actually seperate the Church and the State.[/b]

You honestly will not believe how badly I laughed when I read this. It has nothing to do with the validity of your statements. Check out either one of these and you will see what I mean.

http://inkpop.com/projects/30545/a-cruel-thesis/

http://sites.google.com/site/rriflen/my-novel

Satanism is not a joke religion. And just because it is the opposite of Christianity doesn't detract from it's validity at all. That was a stupid statement coming from you' date=' Raylen. Really. :/

[/quote']

I guess... Okay. I will change the OP.

Satanism is the worshiping of Satan as a higher power than God. It wasn't created out of hatred for Christians. In a way, Satan is more powerful. He had more influence over Eve did he not? He is the lord of Sin, and everyone sins, correct? Yeah. Satan is definately more powerful, IMO. Don't talk about a Religion unless you know almost everything about it.

On the topic of Atheism, Atheists are the least ignorant in the Religion world. Since they do not believe in a higher power, they are more accepting of other religions. Main reason being because they don't want to deal with the ignorance of the religious. Tbh, Christians are the most ignorant. They can never accept another person's opinion on religion. Just look at the Catholic Church.

The only other Religion that isn't very ignorant is Luciferianism. Maybe LaVeyan Satanism. POSSIBLY non-extremist Muslims. And Buddhists...and Taoists. :/

Satanism is the worshiping of Satan as a higher power than God. It wasn't created out of hatred for Christians. In a way, Satan is more powerful. He had more influence over Eve did he not? He is the lord of Sin, and everyone sins, correct? Yeah. Satan is definately more powerful, IMO. Don't talk about a Religion unless you know almost everything about it.

On the topic of Atheism, Atheists are the least ignorant in the Religion world. Since they do not believe in a higher power, they are more accepting of other religions. Main reason being because they don't want to deal with the ignorance of the religious. Tbh, Christians are the most ignorant. They can never accept another person's opinion on religion. Just look at the Catholic Church.

The only other Religion that isn't very ignorant is Luciferianism. Maybe LaVeyan Satanism. POSSIBLY non-extremist Muslims. And Buddhists...and Taoists. :/

Satan's power relies on his trickery, and he abuses our free will. He is not more powerful. Does he have more control over us? Yes. Meh, I'm deist anyway.

Technically, one could say agnosticism is the least ignorant religion in the world, if in this thread we consider both agnosticism and atheism religions.

And frankly, if the Catholic Church would have developed in an area of the world other then Europe, assuming it would have survived through the ages, then the Church would be less ignorant. Whatever religion that took over Europe would be much more ignorant.

Technically, one could say agnosticism is the least ignorant religion in the world, if in this thread we consider both agnosticism and atheism religions.

You honestly don't know how much I agree.

Although I always tend to view agnostics as "people who can't make up their damn mind".

Technically' date=' one could say agnosticism is the least ignorant religion in the world, if in this thread we consider both agnosticism and atheism religions.[/i']

Although I always tend to view agnostics as "people who can't make up their damn mind".

It is kinda sad when the only totally logical way of viewing the world when it comes to religion is to say we are not sure.

Technically' date=' one could say agnosticism is the least ignorant religion in the world, if in this thread we consider both agnosticism and atheism religions.[/i']

It is kinda sad when, in my opinion, the only totally logical way of viewing the world when it comes to religion is to say we are not sure.

Fixd?

It is kinda sad when, in my opinion, the only totally logical way of viewing the world when it comes to religion is to say we are not sure.

Fixd?

Yeah, Fair enough.

Fixd?

Yeah, Fair enough.

Thanks. I'm somewhere between Atheist and Agnostic, but it didn't seem fair to say that ;D

Archived