A Burning Question

Raylen

Personally' date=' the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend.[/i']

Key word being imaginary? It's inferred that you don't believe in god because of that statement. Sure, other people may believe in god, but the main point is you compare that god to an imaginary friend. So you are an atheist. It's quite simple, really. :/

No, I'm not athiest. I believe in gods and higher powers. I just don't believe in them.

And I believe that evolution happened. I just don't believe in evolution. srsly, wut?

You either need to explain more or seriously fix your post. If you don't believe in gods and higher powers...

Atheism = "A belief that there are no gods."

Exactly. I don't believe in them but I also believe in them. Imaginary friend is as close as I'm going to get. They exist to the person that believes in them but not to the peoples that don't, yet they do exist because of the peoples that believe in them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are saying the exist as an idea, it's quite obviously that EVERYTHING exists as an idea. The invisible flying crossbreed between a frog and a unicorn exists because it's an idea in my head. It may sounds stupid and be an imaginary friend to others, but it exists for them, too. Because they know it as an idea.

If you are saying the exist as an idea' date=' it's quite obviously that EVERYTHING exists as an idea. The invisible flying crossbreed between a frog and a unicorn exists because it's an idea in my head. It may sounds stupid and be an imaginary friend to others, but it exists for them, too. Because they know it as an idea.

I didn't really follow that clearly, but I'm sticking with it being an imaginary friend.

If you are saying the exist as an idea' date=' it's quite obviously that EVERYTHING exists as an idea. The invisible flying crossbreed between a frog and a unicorn exists because it's an idea in my head. It may sounds stupid and be an imaginary friend to others, but it exists for them, too. Because they know it as an idea.

I think he is trying to say is that he believes higher powers exist, but he could care less, because he won't worship them.

I think he is trying to say is that he believes higher powers exist, but he could care less, because he won't worship them.

No. I'm saying exist what I'm saying. I don't believe higher powers exist, but I believe they exist. For the peoples that believe in them anyway.

Aximil's posts here are reminding me of the final speech in The Dark Knight, where we are informed that the hero the city deserves is not the hero it needs but Batman doesn't deserve to be the hero the city deserve to need and I've just gone all cross-eyed.

As far as I can tell, Aximil doesn't subscribe to theism but he does subscribe to theismism; he believes that - wait for it, guys, this is a huge breakthrough - some people are theists! What an astounding revelation that distinguishes him from all atheists! (Later, he'll be explaining how he believes that people believe in conspiracy theories and therefore that he doesn't disbelieve in conspiracy theories.)

The same logic can be applied to religion. I'm simply saying that I've seen more atheists make outbursts than I have theists.

First of all, I can't imagine how that's true, as Dark already said.

Second of all, more countries fought against Germany in WWII than with Germany. Does that make those other countries the warmongers?

Aximil's posts here are reminding me of the final speech in The Dark Knight' date=' where we are informed that the hero the city deserves is not the hero it needs but Batman doesn't deserve to be the hero the city deserve to need and I've just gone all cross-eyed.

As far as I can tell, Aximil doesn't subscribe to theism but he does subscribe to theism[i']ism[/i]; he believes that - wait for it, guys, this is a huge breakthrough - some people are theists! What an astounding revelation that distinguishes him from all atheists! (Later, he'll be explaining how he believes that people believe in conspiracy theories and therefore that he doesn't disbelieve in conspiracy theories.)

This only applies to religions, not conspiracy theories or anything else. But again, the best way to describe how I see it is an imaginary friend.

This only applies to religions' date=' not conspiracy theories or anything else.

[/quote']

Why? People believe in conspiracy theories. People believe in religions. If you have some limited belief in religion on the grounds that other people believe in religions, why not have the same belief in conspiracy theories, or zombie apocalypses?

But again' date=' the best way to describe how I see it is an imaginary friend.

[/quote']

And how is that any different from the imaginary world of the shadowy government conspiracies, complete with the imaginary enemy Hitler!Obama or the imaginary friend MIBs that keep the world safe from the alien invasions?

evil parts of the bible

Old Testament

Genesis 7:4

(Massive Genocide)

Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

Exodus 21:2-6, 7-11, 20

(Servent=Slave)

2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

5 "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' 6 then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

Exodus 21:7-11 (New International Version)

7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

20 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, 21 but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Exodus 22:29

(Sacrifice)

The first-born of your sons you shall give to me. You shall do likewise with your oxen and with your sheep:

seven days it shall be with its dam; on the eighth day you shall give it to me."

Exodus 34:11-14

(Destroy)

11"Be sure to observe what I am commanding you this day: behold, I am going to drive out the Amorite before you, and the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite.

12"Watch yourself that you make no covenant with the inhabitants of the land into which you are going, or it will become a snare in your midst.

13"But rather, you are to tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and cut down their Asherim

14--for you shall not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God--

Leviticus 19:19

(NO POLY-COTTON)

19 " 'Keep my decrees.

" 'Do not mate different kinds of animals.

" 'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Leviticus 25:44-46

(Slavery)

44 " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Leviticus 26:7-9

(Genocide)

7 You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.

9 " 'I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you.

Numbers 31

(Genocide/Rape)

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people."

3 So Moses said to the people, "Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites and to carry out the LORD's vengeance on them. 4 Send into battle a thousand men from each of the tribes of Israel." 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling.

7 They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

19 "All of you who have killed anyone or touched anyone who was killed must stay outside the camp seven days. On the third and seventh days you must purify yourselves and your captives. 20 Purify every garment as well as everything made of leather, goat hair or wood."

21 Then Eleazar the priest said to the soldiers who had gone into battle, "This is the requirement of the law that the LORD gave Moses: 22 Gold, silver, bronze, iron, tin, lead 23 and anything else that can withstand fire must be put through the fire, and then it will be clean. But it must also be purified with the water of cleansing. And whatever cannot withstand fire must be put through that water. 24 On the seventh day wash your clothes and you will be clean. Then you may come into the camp."

Deuteronomy 13:6-9

(Stone)

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter,

or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying,

"Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known,

7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),

8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him.

9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death,

and then the hands of all the people.

Deuteronomy 13:13-19

(Genocide)

13 that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 Gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God. It is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt. 17 None of those condemned things shall be found in your hands, so that the LORD will turn from his fierce anger; he will show you mercy, have compassion on you, and increase your numbers, as he promised on oath to your forefathers, 18 because you obey the LORD your God, keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

(Stone your children)

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father; or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, "This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard." Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Deuteronomy 22:5

(Hate)

5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing,

for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

(Sexist)

10 When you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her.

Deuteronomy 22:13

(Prove your virginity, or be stoned)

13 If a man takes a wife and, after lying with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name,

saying, "I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,"

15 then the girl's father and mother shall bring proof that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate.

16 The girl's father will say to the elders, "I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her.

17 Now he has slandered her and said, 'I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.'

But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity." Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town,

18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver

and give them to the girl's father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name.

She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found,

21 she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death.

She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house.

You must purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24

(Kill rape victims)

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

Joshua 6:18-20

(God really likes Genocides)

18"But as for you, only keep yourselves from the things under the ban, so that you do not covet them and take some of the things under the ban, and make the camp of Israel accursed and bring trouble on it.

19"But all the silver and gold and articles of bronze and iron are holy to the LORD; they shall go into the treasury of the LORD."

20So the people shouted, and priests blew the trumpets; and when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, the people shouted with a great shout and the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight ahead, and they took the city.

21They utterly destroyed everything in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox and sheep and donkey, with the edge of the sword.

Judges 19:22-29

(The Israelites were truly idiots)

22While they were celebrating, behold, the men of the city, certain worthless fellows, surrounded the house, pounding the door; and they spoke to the owner of the house, the old man, saying, "Bring out the man who came into your house that we may have relations with him."

23Then the man, the owner of the house, went out to them and said to them, "No, my fellows, please do not act so wickedly; since this man has come into my house, do not commit this act of folly.

24"Here is my virgin daughter and his concubine. Please let me bring them out that you may ravish them and do to them whatever you wish. But do not commit such an act of folly against this man."

25But the men would not listen to him. So the man seized his concubine and brought her out to them; and they raped her and abused her all night until morning, then let her go at the approach of dawn.

26As the day began to dawn, the woman came and fell down at the doorway of the man's house where her master was, until full daylight.

27When her master arose in the morning and opened the doors of the house and went out to go on his way, then behold, his concubine was lying at the doorway of the house with her hands on the threshold.

28He said to her, "Get up and let us go," but there was no answer. Then he placed her on the donkey; and the man arose and went to his home.

29When he entered his house, he took a knife and laid hold of his concubine and cut her in twelve pieces, limb by limb, and sent her throughout the territory of Israel.

1 Samuel 15

(Blood)

1Then Samuel said to Saul, "The LORD sent me to anoint you as king over His people, over Israel; now therefore, listen to the words of the LORD.

(2"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt.

3'Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

4Then Saul summoned the people and numbered them in Telaim, 200,000 foot soldiers and 10,000 men of Judah.

5Saul came to the city of Amalek and set an ambush in the valley.

6Saul said to the Kenites, "Go, depart, go down from among the Amalekites, so that I do not destroy you with them; for you showed kindness to all the sons of Israel when they came up from Egypt." So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites.

7So Saul defeated the Amalekites, from Havilah as you go to Shur, which is east of Egypt.

8He captured Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

9But Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, the oxen, the fatlings, the lambs, and all that was good, and were not willing to destroy them utterly; but everything despised and worthless, that they utterly destroyed.

Samuel Rebukes Saul

10Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel, saying,

11"I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following Me and has not carried out My commands " And Samuel was distressed and cried out to the LORD all night.

12Samuel rose early in the morning to meet Saul; and it was told Samuel, saying, "Saul came to Carmel, and behold, he set up a monument for himself, then turned and proceeded on down to Gilgal."

13Samuel came to Saul, and Saul said to him, "Blessed are you of the LORD! I have carried out the command of the LORD."

14But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?"

15Saul said, "They have brought them from the Amalekites, for the people spared the best of the sheep and oxen, to sacrifice to the LORD your God; but the rest we have utterly destroyed."

16Then Samuel said to Saul, "Wait, and let me tell you what the LORD said to me last night." And he said to him, "Speak!"

17Samuel said, "Is it not true, though you were little in your own eyes, you were made the head of the tribes of Israel? And the LORD anointed you king over Israel,

18and the LORD sent you on a mission, and said, 'Go and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are exterminated.'

19"Why then did you not obey the voice of the LORD, but rushed upon the spoil and did what was evil in the sight of the LORD?"

20Then Saul said to Samuel, "I did obey the voice of the LORD, and went on the mission on which the LORD sent me, and have brought back Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.

21"But (Z)the people took some of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the choicest of the things devoted to destruction, to sacrifice to the LORD your God at Gilgal."

2 Samuel 12:11-14

(God forced women to get rapped)

11 "This is what the LORD says: 'Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity upon you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will lie with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.' "

13 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD."

Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have made the enemies of the LORD show utter contempt, the son born to you will die."

I Kings 20:42

(God is a jackass.)

He said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Because you have let go out of your hand the man whom I had devoted to destruction, therefore (AG)your life shall go for his life, and your people for his people.'"

Jerimiah 10:2-4

(No Christmas trees)

2 This is what the LORD says:

"Do not learn the ways of the nations

or be terrified by signs in the sky,

though the nations are terrified by them.

3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;

they cut a tree out of the forest,

and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;

they fasten it with hammer and nails

so it will not totter.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13

(Kill nonbelievers)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Proverbs 23:13-14

D:

Do not withhold discipline from a child. If you beat him with a rod, he will not die. If you beat him with the rod, you will save his life from Sheol.

New Testament

Matthew 5:30

(Seriously?!)

30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.

It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 10:34-35

(Jesus Christ you are scary!)

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household."

Luke 12:47-48

(Slavery)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."

Luke 14:26

26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

Romans 1:24-32

(Sexual prejudice)

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

(Sexist verse from the so called holy bible)

34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home;

for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Ephesians 6: 5-9

(Slavery)

5Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

9And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

I Timothy 6:1-2

(Slavery)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage every

Judges 21:10-24

(Rape)

10 So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11 "This is what you are to do," they said. "Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin." 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

13 Then the whole assembly sent an offer of peace to the Benjamites at the rock of Rimmon. 14 So the Benjamites returned at that time and were given the women of Jabesh Gilead who had been spared. But there were not enough for all of them.

15 The people grieved for Benjamin, because the LORD had made a gap in the tribes of Israel. 16 And the elders of the assembly said, "With the women of Benjamin destroyed, how shall we provide wives for the men who are left? 17 The Benjamite survivors must have heirs," they said, "so that a tribe of Israel will not be wiped out. 18 We can't give them our daughters as wives, since we Israelites have taken this oath: 'Cursed be anyone who gives a wife to a Benjamite.' 19 But look, there is the annual festival of the LORD in Shiloh, to the north of Bethel, and east of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem, and to the south of Lebonah."

20 So they instructed the Benjamites, saying, "Go and hide in the vineyards 21 and watch. When the girls of Shiloh come out to join in the dancing, then rush from the vineyards and each of you seize a wife from the girls of Shiloh and go to the land of Benjamin. 22 When their fathers or brothers complain to us, we will say to them, 'Do us a kindness by helping them, because we did not get wives for them during the war, and you are innocent, since you did not give your daughters to them.' "

23 So that is what the Benjamites did. While the girls were dancing, each man caught one and carried her off to be his wife. Then they returned to their inheritance and rebuilt the towns and settled in them.

24 At that time the Israelites left that place and went home to their tribes and clans, each to his own inheritance.

one to obey them.

My bf researches a lot of things

This only applies to religions' date=' not conspiracy theories or anything else.

[/quote']

Why? People believe in conspiracy theories. People believe in religions. If you have some limited belief in religion on the grounds that other people believe in religions, why not have the same belief in conspiracy theories, or zombie apocalypses?

Because it only applies to religions.

But again' date=' the best way to describe how I see it is an imaginary friend.

[/quote']

And how is that any different from the imaginary world of the shadowy government conspiracies, complete with the imaginary enemy Hitler!Obama or the imaginary friend MIBs that keep the world safe from the alien invasions?

Because that's not a religion.

I'm sorry, Crab Helmet, but you're not going to win this time if you try doing it any differently than imaginary friend when it comes to religions.

As far as I can tell, Aximil doesn't subscribe to theism but he does subscribe to theismism; he believes that - wait for it, guys, this is a huge breakthrough - some people are theists! What an astounding revelation that distinguishes him from all atheists! (Later, he'll be explaining how he believes that people believe in conspiracy theories and therefore that he doesn't disbelieve in conspiracy theories.)

Now I am even more confused. I thought he was bringing back that bullshit idea of "everything exists because it is an idea, and ideas exist", so I was attempting to counter that point, but now you are saying that that wasn't his point, but then...

<_____<

As far as I can tell' date=' Aximil doesn't subscribe to theism but he does subscribe to theismism; he believes that - wait for it, guys, this is a huge breakthrough - some people are theists! What an astounding revelation that distinguishes him from all atheists! (Later, he'll be explaining how he believes that people believe in conspiracy theories and therefore that he doesn't disbelieve in conspiracy theories.)[/i']

Now I am even more confused. I thought he was bringing back that bullshit idea of "everything exists because it is an idea, and ideas exist", so I was attempting to counter that point, but now you are saying that that wasn't his point, but then...

<_____<

And now he's saying that that wasn't his point either.

As far as I can tell, Aximil's system of thought is either:

1) Internally inconsistent, or

2) Constructed backwards - the logic is built to justify his bizarre position; the position does not result from the logic.

Atheists only make outbursts when the aforementioned "get religion out of my face" logic is applied. I haven't seen an atheist make an outburst unless it's because religion is trying to be incorporated in the education or governmental system. Hell' date=' I've seen more theists make outbursts attempting to force their religion upon other people or attempt to do the aforementioned "push religion in their faces" logic. Those could be extremeists or something to that effect, but that doesn't change this paragraph at all.

[/quote']

What does "change the paragraph" is that it's more along the lines of those people attacking private groups like Boy Scouts for having "God" in their initiation lines when it's up to group to decide how they want to run themselves. If anything that's them forcing their lack of faith upon others.

The same logic can be applied to religion. I'm simply saying that I've seen more atheists make outbursts than I have theists.

First of all' date=' I can't imagine how that's true, as Dark already said.[/quote']

Try "a sense of superiority that leads one to constantly belittle religion when no one around them is even religious".

Second of all, more countries fought against Germany in WWII than with Germany. Does that make those other countries the warmongers?

Dark was the one to try arguing with numbers, I simply said that wasn't how it was where I'm from.

EDIT:

Lol. Sorry Dark, you got me. Those crazy Christians are always starting conflict.

What does "change the paragraph" is that it's more along the lines of those people attacking private groups like Boy Scouts for having "God" in their initiation lines when it's up to group to decide how they want to run themselves. If anything that's them forcing their lack of faith upon others.

I said nothing about private groups. :/

If I had a problem with private groups, I'd want every single church in every single state to be shut down. I have a problem when religion gets involved in public affairs, like the education system and the governmental system. If there is a private religious school, I could care less.

And iirc, there is a law in Texas that forbids you from buying alcohol on Sundays because of Christianity. If I go to Texas and I am not a Christian, why the hell should I be restricted on buying alcohol? It's a great example on how religion overpowers logic. :/

First of all' date=' I can't imagine how that's true, as Dark already said.[/quote']

Try "a sense of superiority that leads one to constantly belittle religion when no one around them is even religious".

I have never met any atheists of the type you describe - with the exception of once or twice on the internet, for the purposes of trolling.

Second of all' date=' more countries fought against Germany in WWII than with Germany. Does that make those other countries the warmongers?

[/quote']

Dark was the one to try arguing with numbers, I simply said that wasn't how it was where I'm from.

EDIT:

Lol. Sorry Dark, you got me. Those crazy Christians are always starting conflict.

It's not about the numbers. The whole point of the WWII argument is that the numbers don't matter; the Allies outnumbered the Axis, but that didn't make the Allies the aggressors. Similarly, even if there are more who support separation of church and state than oppose it, it's the people who oppose said separation that create conflict by trying to impose their beliefs on others, not those who support the separation.

The link is of no interest to me because internet trolls, like the internet in general but even more so, do not accurately reflect real life.

Certain people are atheists. Fine. No problem.

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster)?

There have been some valid points with it - don't get me wrong. But I find anyone who even comes close to supporting religion gets flamed here. If there is nothing wrong with being atheist, then why is there something wrong with being Christian / Muslim / etc?

[/quote']

Listen, If you think there is nothing wrong with being Christian/muslim Etc., Why do you think there is something wrong with being atheist and you say atheist make up stuff to annoy religion, then why do religion's make up stuff God/alllah Etc. to annoy Atheist.

Certain people are atheists. Fine. No problem.

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster)?

There have been some valid points with it - don't get me wrong. But I find anyone who even comes close to supporting religion gets flamed here. If there is nothing wrong with being atheist, then why is there something wrong with being Christian / Muslim / etc?

[/quote']

Listen, If you think there is nothing wrong with being Christian/muslim Etc., Why do you think there is something wrong with being atheist and you say atheist make up stuff to annoy religion, then why do religion's make up stuff God/alllah Etc. to annoy Atheist.

Religions don't make stuff up JUST to annoy Atheists, and vice versa. Saying that is a very self centered.

I have never met any atheists of the type you describe - with the exception of once or twice on the internet, for the purposes of trolling.

And I have many times. Yet I'm not generalizing my viewpoints so that they suddenly apply to everyone.

Second of all' date=' more countries fought against Germany in WWII than with Germany. Does that make those other countries the warmongers?

[/quote']

EDIT:

It's not about the numbers. The whole point of the WWII argument is that the numbers don't matter; the Allies outnumbered the Axis, but that didn't make the Allies the aggressors. Similarly, even if there are more who support separation of church and state than oppose it, it's the people who oppose said separation that create conflict by trying to impose their beliefs on others, not those who support the separation.

The link is of no interest to me because internet trolls, like the internet in general but even more so, do not accurately reflect real life.

Except which side is which has yet to be determined. And relating past event would be like comparing Germany now to the Germany of yesterday.

The fact that there are rarely "religious trolls" says something, though.

Except which side is which has yet to be determined.

One's trying to get non-science into science classes. One's trying to stop that.

Of course' date=' those are just the active parts of each sides. The inactive parts... don't do anything, which we have no problem with.

The fact that there are rarely "religious trolls" says something, though.

The religious side has one of the largest political parties and propaganda machines in the country. Their trolls just happen to have found ways of making money off of trolling. >_> Also, I've definitely seen religious trolls on the internet too. They just tend to be less common because atheists are generally harder to provoke than the deeply religious.

Archived