A Burning Question

Raylen

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster)?[/quote']

That isn't an insult, it's just used for argument purposes. And I still find it hilarious how atheists are more or less obsessed with religion as opposed to the religious themselves.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster)?[/quote']

That isn't an insult, it's just used for argument purposes. And I still find it hilarious how atheists are more or less obsessed with religion as opposed to the religious themselves.

Maybe because we don't want religion affecting our lives, so we take every measure to make sure it doesn't? :/

We aren't obsessed with religion. If we were, we would get up every Sunday morning and go meet in a big building. ;D

Excuse my rude sense of humor.

Certain people are atheists. Fine. No problem.

Can't they be atheists in peace? Why do they have to make fun of religion by creating all sorts of weird things' date=' like FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster)?

There have been some valid points with it - don't get me wrong. But I find anyone who even comes close to supporting religion gets flamed here. If there is nothing wrong with being atheist, then why is there something wrong with being Christian / Muslim / etc?

[/quote']

FSM is real.

Satan in his original pre-Christian Pagan forms is respected, as a principle rather than a deity. Satanists do not worship Satan just as most Buddhists do not worship Buddha." As Vexen Crabtree has written:

"Satanism is Satanism not due to our worship of any deity, but for the philosophy that we stand for. We recognize ourselves as gods, and we hold our own perspective on life as holy and revere our own experiences as the only truth we can ever know. "

"Satanism is the utter rejection of the spiritual way of theistic religions, and the honest admittence [sic] that we are just animals who evolve as any other complex system." 1

Maybe because we don't want religion affecting our lives, so we take every measure to make sure it doesn't? :/

And as a result you're no different than the religious nuts trying to force their religion on me.

We aren't obsessed with religion. If we were, we would get up every Sunday morning and go meet in a big building. ;D

Excuse my rude sense of humor.

I'd rather you did go and do you things in a big building together once a week than blurt it out every day. ;D

EDIT: Satanism is a gimmick religion for wannabes, or at least some of the incarnations I've seen of it.

Raylen, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was founded in response to a press by the Young Earth Creationists to have Young Earth Creationism taught in public school science classes. Tell me, Raylen, which side is the one being unduly aggressive here, attempting to force their opinions into textbooks as if they bore any resemblance to scientific fact, and which arose to defend the fundamental separation of church and state? And are the atheists the ones banning gay marriage? Who, here, is really trying to force their views upon the rest of the world instead of living quietly in peace, Raylen?

Don't make topics asking loaded questions without context.

As I've stated in every religious thread I've come into, I don't have a religion. I don't want to group myself in with athiests though. I'm completely fine with peoples having religions. You can even worship some girl's sock you stole and call her your God for all I care. It's not going to change how I see you. Only time are push against a religion is when they try to push their stuffs onto me first. Personally, the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend. Only real to those who believe in it that doesn't effect others unless they go around doing stuffs saying it told them to do it.

As I've stated in every religious thread I've come into' date=' I don't have a religion. I don't want to group myself in with athiests though. I'm completely fine with peoples having religions. You can even worship some girl's sock you stole and call her your God for all I care. It's not going to change how I see you. Only time are push against a religion is when they try to push their stuffs onto me first. Personally, the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend. Only real to those who believe in it that doesn't effect others unless they go around doing stuffs saying it told them to do it.

[/quote']

Atheism isn't a religion, though. It is literally "having no God". If you don't believe in a greater power, whether you like it or not, you are an atheist. That is a scientific fact, not an opinion or choice.

And as a result you're no different than the religious nuts trying to force their religion on me.

I could care less whether you become atheist or not. I don't want religion affecting me at all, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't. Because if gay marriage is banned, or abortion is stopped, you are using stupid religions over logic and reason, and it's not the seperation of the Church and the State. I want all decisions to be based on logic and reason, not some hocus pocus imaginary golden statue guy. I don't care whether you become atheist or not, but I care whether a religion is being forced upon me or not.

I could care less whether you become atheist or not. I don't want religion affecting me at all' date=' and I will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't. Because if gay marriage is banned, or abortion is stopped, you are using stupid religions over logic and reason, and it's not the seperation of the Church and the State. I want all decisions to be based on logic and reason, not some hocus pocus imaginary golden statue guy. I don't care whether you become atheist or not, but I care whether a religion is being forced upon me or not.

[/quote']

I never recall any of the times you've attacked religion being in that context. Whether you like it or not, it's become a part of you and hating religion is your religion, per say.

And wait a second, not killing people is illogical? :S

I could care less whether you become atheist or not. I don't want religion affecting me at all' date=' and I will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't. Because if gay marriage is banned, or abortion is stopped, you are using stupid religions over logic and reason, and it's not the seperation of the Church and the State. I want all decisions to be based on logic and reason, not some hocus pocus imaginary golden statue guy. I don't care whether you become atheist or not, but I care whether a religion is being forced upon me or not.

[/quote']

I never recall any of the times you've attacked religion being in that context. Whether you like it or not, it's become a part of you and hating religion is your religion.

That's because irl =/= internet. Sure, I probably flame people on the internet 24/7 about religion, but it's not the same in real life. The worst I've ever done was burn a Bible out of anger. Which isn't really too bad, as it made a pretty big fire and I roasted marshmellows. I don't flame people irl because I don't care. Religion doesn't affect me (or at least atm), so I don't need to deal with those ignorant people.

And abortion =/= killing people. It's killing unborn people for oftentimes a good reason.

As I've stated in every religious thread I've come into' date=' I don't have a religion. I don't want to group myself in with athiests though. I'm completely fine with peoples having religions.

[/quote']

In this topic, "atheist" means "person who believes the doctrine of free exercise should be abolished and all religion should be criminalized, and maybe we should drive the Jews into ovens while we're at it". And the same goes for the rest of you idiots laughing about how atheists are so silly because they're totally obsessed with religion and spend every moment of their waking lives trying to find ways to take over the world and murder God. You're all morons. All of you.

[/quote']

I never recall any of the times you've attacked religion being in that context. Whether you like it or not, it's become a part of you and hating religion is your religion.

That's because irl =/= internet. Sure, I probably flame people on the internet 24/7 about religion, but it's not the same in real life. The worst I've ever done was burn a Bible out of anger. Which isn't really too bad, as it made a pretty big fire and I roasted marshmellows. I don't flame people irl because I don't care. Religion doesn't affect me (or at least atm), so I don't need to deal with those ignorant people.

And abortion =/= killing people. It's killing unborn people for oftentimes a good reason.

Okay, where I'm from it's just more common to see an obsessive atheist. The fact that there is no such thing as a certain truth gets me rather annoyed at their forcing what they believe into the position of common sense.

Er, 7% of abortions are done for medical reasons or rape.

Okay' date=' where I'm from it's just more common to [b']see[/b] an obsessive atheist.

There, sir, is your problem. Obsessives of any sort are both louder and more memorable than the normals that outnumber them.

The same logic can be applied to religion. I'm simply saying that I've seen more atheists make outbursts than I have theists.

As I've stated in every religious thread I've come into' date=' I don't have a religion. I don't want to group myself in with athiests though. I'm completely fine with peoples having religions. You can even worship some girl's sock you stole and call her your God for all I care. It's not going to change how I see you. Only time are push against a religion is when they try to push their stuffs onto me first. Personally, the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend. Only real to those who believe in it that doesn't effect others unless they go around doing stuffs saying it told them to do it.

[/quote']

Atheism isn't a religion, though. It is literally "having no God". If you don't believe in a greater power, whether you like it or not, you are an atheist. That is a scientific fact, not an opinion or choice.

No. Atheism is against Gods or higher dieties. I'm not against them. I just don't want them in my life. I'm fine with others having them everywhere, as long as it doesn't effect me.

The same logic can be applied to religion. I'm simply saying that I've seen more atheists make outbursts than I have theists.

Atheists only make outbursts when the aforementioned "get religion out of my face" logic is applied. I haven't seen an atheist make an outburst unless it's because religion is trying to be incorporated in the education or governmental system. Hell, I've seen more theists make outbursts attempting to force their religion upon other people or attempt to do the aforementioned "push religion in their faces" logic. Those could be extremeists or something to that effect, but that doesn't change this paragraph at all.

[/quote']

No. Atheism is against Gods or higher dieties. I'm not against them. I just don't want them in my life. I'm fine with others having them everywhere, as long as it doesn't effect me.

I don't know where you got your shitty definition from, but why don't you ask atheists themselves what they really are?

http://www.atheists.org/atheism/About_Atheism

"A belief that there are no gods."

Thank you, and good night.

[/quote']

I don't know where you got your shitty definition from, but why don't you ask atheists themselves what they really are?

http://www.atheists.org/atheism/About_Atheism

"A belief that there are no gods."

Thank you, and good night.

The half dozen or so wikias are looked it up on.

Also, I'm not an atheist then. I do believe in gods. Just not for myself.

Personally, the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend.

Key word being imaginary? It's inferred that you don't believe in god because of that statement. Sure, other people may believe in god, but the main point is you compare that god to an imaginary friend. So you are an atheist. It's quite simple, really. :/

Personally' date=' the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend.[/i']

Key word being imaginary? It's inferred that you don't believe in god because of that statement. Sure, other people may believe in god, but the main point is you compare that god to an imaginary friend. So you are an atheist. It's quite simple, really. :/

No, I'm not athiest. I believe gods and higher powers exist. I just don't believe in them.

Personally' date=' the God or higher power of any religion fills the role of an imaginary friend.[/i']

No, I'm not athiest. I believe in gods and higher powers. I just don't believe in them.

And I believe that evolution happened. I just don't believe in evolution. srsly, wut?

You either need to explain more or seriously fix your post. If you don't believe in gods and higher powers...

Atheism = "A belief that there are no gods."

Archived