Konami should print Sand Doodlebug. Just so we can have more Cactus Support.

Cactuses would obveiously live in the desert, so why not?

[align=center]veugea.png

EARTH/4/Insect/1200/800

During the End Phase of each turn' date=' destroy 1 Level 3 or lower monster on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. While "Wasteland" is face-up on the field, you can negate 1 attack from an opponent's monster.[/quote'][/align]

Stygin Dirge is broken with this.

And the sheer awesomness of Doodlebug can only be defeated by the best deck ever.

Discuss

During the End Phase of each turn' date=' destroy 1 Level 3 or lower monster on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. [b']While "Wasteland" is face-up on the field, you can negate 1 attack from an opponent's monster[/b].

This is what Konami should start doing; making cards with an effect like this to give Field Spells like Wasteland a reason to be played.

my god that was hard to watch. the whole show is just bad puns over and over again. and nobody bothers to read effects or strategize, so they just fly head first into obvious traps and effects. i swear to god if i was in the yugioh universe, all i would need is a card that says 'if your opponent attacks this monster, he loses'. no one has generic removal, and even if they did they wouldnt bother to read the card's effect before smashing into it like a retard. and lets not forget that they dont even know their own cards' effects. i didnt see him get out any cb for pegasus. and he bounced tiger somehow too. its just a lot of stupid bullshit >.<

ugh. i think a show with some serious card playing skill would be nice. where the winner isnt just the most main character or the one with the best hair, but the one who actually out plays his opponent.

my god that was hard to watch. the whole show is just bad puns over and over again. and nobody bothers to read effects or strategize' date=' so they just fly head first into obvious traps and effects. i swear to god if i was in the yugioh universe, all i would need is a card that says 'if your opponent attacks this monster, he loses'. no one has generic removal, and even if they did they wouldnt bother to read the card's effect before smashing into it like a retard. and lets not forget that they dont even know their own cards' effects. i didnt see him get out any cb for pegasus. and he bounced tiger somehow too. its just a lot of stupid bullshit >.<

ugh. i think a show with some serious card playing skill would be nice. where the winner isnt just the most main character or the one with the best hair, but the one who actually out plays his opponent.

[/quote']

Quoted for truths. So right. 5Ds is rarely better, but who's really going to make a show about actual good playing?

i dont think it would actually be that bad. i mean it could be a seriously legit show.

all you need is like, 10 guys who go to a cardshop and play. they can use a myriad of tiered decks, and maybe have a few of them using billy decks or low tier's that theyre trying to improve. each person would have a few different decks i'd imagine, but one or two that really represent them. maybe a competitive and a casual deck. something like that.

but moving on, theyd have real duels. maybe staged, but still legit rules, legit strategy, no heart of the cards sheet either.

in fact, the only thing the shows have done right is the holograms. even though i think duelist kingdom did it best. the duel discs and the duel arm thing just suck balls. they dont even really need holograms in this fictitious show i'm envisioning, just dramatizations, a visualized version of the duel, so to speak.

so we have 10 guys, different decks, a changing meta which would modify their decks, and theyre playing at a card shop, against other people. rivals, friends, minor characters, serious competitors, etc. obviously it would have to be very character driven because without a world-is-ending story, it would get a little stale. maybe throw in some solid comedy elements. i know i can never stop laughing whenever i'm running trolls, so maybe just have someone using a billy deck or some other such amusing deck. and running it well. and being character driven would give it a chance to grow, develop and have some serious meaning as an anime. right now i see the yugioh animes as little more than gimmicks to promote the card game.

furthermore, the show would teach players how to play better. counting advantage, running complicated strategies... sheet, it could even have ovas where tournament matches are animated into the show. thats freakin sweet man. i'd watch that. i'd watch every episode of that.

but what they'd need the most is good writers. and good players behind the good writers yelling at them to write better.

i dont think it would actually be that bad. i mean it could be a seriously legit show.

all you need is like' date=' 10 guys who go to a cardshop and play. they can use a myriad of tiered decks, and maybe have a few of them using billy decks or low tier's that theyre trying to improve. each person would have a few different decks i'd imagine, but one or two that really represent them. maybe a competitive and a casual deck. something like that.

but moving on, theyd have real duels. maybe staged, but still legit rules, legit strategy, no heart of the cards s*** either.

in fact, the only thing the shows have done right is the holograms. even though i think duelist kingdom did it best. the duel discs and the duel arm thing just suck balls. they dont even really need holograms in this fictitious show i'm envisioning, just dramatizations, a visualized version of the duel, so to speak.

so we have 10 guys, different decks, a changing meta which would modify their decks, and theyre playing at a card shop, against other people. rivals, friends, minor characters, serious competitors, etc. obviously it would have to be very character driven because without a world-is-ending story, it would get a little stale. maybe throw in some solid comedy elements. i know i can never stop laughing whenever i'm running trolls, so maybe just have someone using a billy deck or some other such amusing deck. and running it well. and being character driven would give it a chance to grow, develop and have some serious meaning as an anime. right now i see the yugioh animes as little more than gimmicks to promote the card game.

furthermore, the show would teach players how to play better. counting advantage, running complicated strategies... s***, it could even have ovas where tournament matches are animated into the show. thats freakin sweet man. i'd watch that. i'd watch every episode of that.

but what they'd need the most is good writers. and good players behind the good writers yelling at them to write better.

[/quote']

So basically...real life?

all you need is like' date=' 10 guys who go to a cardshop and play. they can use a myriad of tiered decks, and maybe have a few of them using billy decks or low tier's that theyre trying to improve. each person would have a few different decks i'd imagine, but one or two that really represent them. maybe a competitive and a casual deck. something like that.

but moving on, theyd have real duels. maybe staged, but still legit rules, legit strategy, no heart of the cards s*** either.

furthermore, the show would teach players how to play better. counting advantage, running complicated strategies... s***, it could even have ovas where tournament matches are animated into the show. thats freakin sweet man. i'd watch that. i'd watch every episode of that.

[/quote']

Who would really (seriously) want to watch real life? If the show was anything at all like real life, every episode would have Bottomless Trap Hole and Stardust Dragon at the very least, and no one would tell their opponent what every card they play does because A) anyone who duels already knows, or B) the opponent would take the five seconds to read the card as soon as its played. And there has to be some sort of stakes every once in a while, otherwise it's just a game. Card game, card game, card game tips, card game to the death, card game. There's a nice balance.

I'd actually like to see someone who doesn't care about the card game. Even after the main character wins the game and shows what the power of children's card games and friendship can do, they still don't care. Doesn't matter. Not important to them. But they'll still hang out with the main characters. And they won't be doing a commentary on every match. "Spike just played Heavy Storm??!!?!?? WHHAAAAA??? How's he gonna get out of this one?"

And the Yu-Gi-Oh! animes are gimmicks to promote the card game. It's a fact. (And you're damn well aware of it. :D)

my god that was hard to watch. the whole show is just bad puns over and over again.

Thats 4Kids for you...

nobody bothers to read effects

Unless its Pot of Greed

no one has generic removal' date=' and even if they did they wouldnt bother to read the card's effect before smashing into it like a retard.[/quote']

Because the show would be boring if a duel lasted 5 seconds for the entire 30 minutes the show can be aired.

They have to prolong the duels(to at least 5 episodes if they really wanted to).

Its how they keep the viewer attached to the show. Since they are all like: "OMFG HOW KEN JADEN GET OUT OV DIS MESS!?!?!!?!!!!1111".

And they have to wait for all parts of the duel to finish.

Sadly, thats how it is >__>

my god that was hard to watch. the whole show is just bad puns over and over again.

Thats 4Kids for you...

nobody bothers to read effects

Unless its Pot of Greed

no one has generic removal' date=' and even if they did they wouldnt bother to read the card's effect before smashing into it like a retard.[/quote']

Because the show would be boring if a duel lasted 5 seconds for the entire 30 minutes the show can be aired.

They have to prolong the duels(to at least 5 episodes if they really wanted to).

Its how they keep the viewer attached to the show. Since they are all like: "OMFG HOW KEN JADEN GET OUT OV DIS MESS!?!?!!?!!!!1111".

And they have to wait for all parts of the duel to finish.

Sadly, thats how it is >__>

The yugioh anime cannot be taken seriously... [insert Bandit Keith Demi-Meme Here]

The yugioh anime cannot be taken seriously...

But the Yugion anime is played out seriously.

In America.

When someone has three sets of exodia in their deck' date=' you know they are just messing around at that point.

[/quote']

Graceful Chairty can be ran in 2s

[/quote']

Who would really (seriously) want to watch real life? If the show was anything at all like real life, every episode would have Bottomless Trap Hole and Stardust Dragon at the very least, and no one would tell their opponent what every card they play does because A) anyone who duels already knows, or B) the opponent would take the five seconds to read the card as soon as its played. And there has to be some sort of stakes every once in a while, otherwise it's just a game. Card game, card game, card game tips, card game to the death, card game. There's a nice balance.

I'd actually like to see someone who doesn't care about the card game. Even after the main character wins the game and shows what the power of children's card games and friendship can do, they still don't care. Doesn't matter. Not important to them. But they'll still hang out with the main characters. And they won't be doing a commentary on every match. "Spike just played Heavy Storm??!!?!?? WHHAAAAA??? How's he gonna get out of this one?"

And the Yu-Gi-Oh! animes are gimmicks to promote the card game. It's a fact. (And you're damn well aware of it. :D)

in answer to your question, everyone. reality shows are notoriously popular in america. furthermore, this:

Seinfeld-Wars-seinfeld-353739_929_1400.jpg

shows about real life have always been popular. because theyre character driven and relatable.

i just want to see a duel about nothing :P

[/quote']

in answer to your question, everyone. reality shows are notoriously popular in america. furthermore, this:

Seinfeld-Wars-seinfeld-353739_929_1400.jpg

shows about real life have always been popular. because theyre character driven and relatable.

i just want to see a duel about nothing :P

Mocking "real" life is kinda funny, especially when they follow Murphy's Law.

aftrv reading the entire thread' date=' I completely forfot the topic:

StupiD Wiindternet

[/quote']

Wii is not the source of madness on teh interwebz, it is memes to blame.

Its mostly because we somewhat started discussing bits of the anime

aftrv reading the entire thread' date=' I completely forfot the topic:

StupiD Wiindternet

[/quote']

Wii is not the source of madness on teh interwebz, it is memes to blame.

Its mostly because we somewhat started discussing bits of the anime

It is because it is an anime only card, so getting off topic is easy.

Archived