Overrated Cards

The Foenix Heroes are great. I mean, low star monsters with massive attack and great effects?

Sorry E-Heros.

Blue-Eyes is overrated. Only normal monster with 3000 ATK. So what? My Super Conductor Tyranno has 3300 and a cool effect.

does anyone think the E-Heros are just going through a phase where everyone wants one because the main character of gx uses them? it was the same thing with Dark Magician and BEWD a while back and then the god cards.

i have hated E-Heros ever since i was willing to trade a complete Destiny Board set for a mirror force, but the guy traded his mirror force for a E-Hero Neos.

Horus LV6 + 8 are overrated.

E-Heros are okay (Ocean' date=' Wildheart, Airman/Stratos)

CRYSTAL BEASTS are EXTREMELY OVERRATED ATM![/quote']

Not in my opinion, mind you I'm not saying yours is wrong.

I honestly think ancient gears are overrated, I don't care if I can't play trap cards when they attack, thats what system down is for!!!

To be honest I actually think all machines are overrated, or too powerful. Makes it much more satisfying when I blow them up with my Sacred Phoenix >:-)

As for E-heroes, let's just say I blew up Blade Edeg with Tsukyomi, man that guy got his butt kicked real bad. (I ended up with 15000 life points, he ended up with zero, quiet honestly).

Am I blabbing? If yes please keep it to yourself and don't start bombarding me with arguments. (Or feel the wrath of my Sorceror of Dark magic!!)

I honestly think ancient gears are overrated' date=' I don't care if I can't play trap cards when they attack, thats what system down is for!!![/quote']

WOW!!!, waitwaitwait.

That's not the effect of Ancient Gear monsters.

Their effects is that your opponent cannot activate any trap cards while it attacks.

I have an Ancient Gear Beast and that's what it says. (Still weak thought with his 2000 ATK and DEF)

And the golem's effect is that your opponent cannot activate any trap AND SPELL cards while it attacks.

And don't forget it's ATK and DEF of 3000. Holy damn ._.'

There are very powerfull Machine monsters out there but ye, most machine monster are overrated, like slotmachine.

He's even weaker than a Red-Eyes B. Dragon. ATK/2000 DEF/2300

And don't forget he has 7 FREAKING STARS!!! WTH?????

So now it's my turn.

I think most Ritual monsters are overrated.

Even you have the powerfull Ritual monster card in your hand, how about the Ritual Spell card?

If you don't have that card, your going to get screwed over really badly. :x

Their effects is that your opponent cannot activate any trap cards while it attacks.

I have an Ancient Gear Beast and that's what it says. (Still weak thought with his 2000 ATK and DEF)

I WAS talking about that. Most ancient gear monsters do that, I should know my friend uses them, in fact two of my friends use them, and I personally HATE THEM!!!

I honestly think ancient gears are overrated' date=' I don't care if I can't play trap cards when they attack, thats what system down is for!!![/quote']

WOW!!!, waitwaitwait.

And the golem's effect is that your opponent cannot activate any trap AND SPELL cards while it attacks.

And don't forget it's ATK and DEF of 3000. Holy damn ._.'

There are very powerfull Machine monsters out there but ye, most machine monster are overrated, like slotmachine.

He's even weaker than a Red-Eyes B. Dragon. ATK/2000 DEF/2300

And don't forget he has 7 FREAKING STARS!!! WTH?????

So now it's my turn.

I think most Ritual monsters are overrated.

Even you have the powerfull Ritual monster card in your hand, how about the Ritual Spell card?

If you don't have that card, your going to get screwed over really badly. :x

Demise + Advanced Ritual Art

Card Trooper its good but not that good.

Immediate floater, 1900atk lv3, mill 3 cards, yeah it's awful >_> Not.

Aren't we supposed to be talking about cards that have a big hype but aren't that good?

Slot Machine? Blue-Eyes White Dragon? Furious Sea king? (lol)

But seriously, E-Heros can be pretty good if you use the right cards with them, and aren't so bent on making every fusion monster available for them.

Card Trooper is awesome

Machines in general are awesome

Dark Magician is awesome (not in a deck making sense, just plain awesome)

I respect the Horus cards quite a bit. My friend made a really good Horus/Dragon deck that was too fast for me (T_T)

(Currently that same person is running a Demise RNA OTK using the bugs, anyone have any ideas on how to beat that sort of deck, you can PM me if you like)

TO might think Machines are overrated, but I say they without a doubt have the coolest support, trailing only Warriors (because nothing can stand up to warriors).

Horus Lv 6 is slightly overrated, as Sartorius says, but Lv 8 can be deadly IF he can stay on the field. I know Sartorius is good enough to realise that total spell negation is a very powerful thing. His summoning conditions' the real problem that lets him down.

Shaco is correct, E-Heroes can work. The real point is to not try to make a deck that accomodates all the E-Heroes. Mayber just Avian, Sparkman and Bursty for a Shining deck. Of course you chuck in Stratos and Wildheart, some fusion subs, Polymerization, a few of these new cards (E-Heroes), three or so field spells, RotA, Terraforming, all your staples and you're golden.

Gem Beasts are not overrated. If they get all the cards that I see on DMA, they will be able to destroy Monarchs. That Rainbow Ruin field spell is devastating. I'm not sure if its' released in English yet, when, or even if it will be at all. They have about as much upcoming support as the E-Heroes... and you have to admit, even if you don't like them, they're pretty well supported.

Dark Magician might be a 2 trib 2500/2100, but he has the most support for one single monster in the game. It's undeniable.

Card Trooper:

People run Dekoichi because he's a floater. Not because he's a beatstick. No because of some other effect. Card Trooper is that, plus an offensive weapon (1900 can add up after awhile). Also, he chucks cards to the graveyard. Cards in the graveyard are 20 times more accessible than in the deck. PLUS Trooper floats as well. He's good.

As to Rituals:

They ARE playable. SJC champ won with Demise OTK.

And as to your hypothetical situation: in a correct deck, that will never happen. Demise OTK run 3 ARA, 3 Demise, and the key bit: 3 Sonic Bird, 3 Manju and 3 Senju. When you add 2-3 Doom Dozer, 3 Insect Knight, Neo Bug and Metal Armored Bug, plus all your s/ts, you've got a deck. And if all else fails, a Demise player will have sided a Contract with the Abyss, and, if worst comes to worst, an End of the World too. Some also side a Zorc, and Monarch killers, etc. etc.

So its' mathematically improbably that one person would open without either a) Demise and a Spell searcher, b) ARA and Demise searcher. It's designed to just not happen.

I think it is released in English, and Gem beasts are definatly as good as they sound.

One person was stupid enough to put 5 of mine in my magic/trap card zone (just image me with a bored expression) I summoned Dweller in the Depths (gains 300 for each continuous spell card in my magic zone) so he had 3000 ATK, I pwned him.

Hmmmmm, I guess by some people he's overrated. I mean he's a good card by himself, that's for sure, but he murders with a good strategy behind him, like Bazoo is a card I can think of off the top of my head and combine that with dimension fusion it's pretty beastly. (I just picked a card that removed cards in the grave)

I would never buy a card for that much. Seriously' date=' if you think about it, its just a piece of paper with a shiny picture and shiny letters on it.[/quote']

so is money,(cept its not shiny) and i'd gladly pay 90 1 dollar bills for one 500 dollar bill.

The most overrated cards in the known world according to me are Dark Magician, Blue Eyes, that elemental gardien thing where you fuze suigen kazigin and thundergin or something, bassically all the cards with big attacks but no effects.........

Archived