~Hypersound Modulation~ Finished!

NeosWiseman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is my last try to catch your attention......

Why is everybody just looking. The forum is not for looking' date=' but for writing..... :?

[/quote']

It's just like XzY said. A post with many cards takes a long time to evaluate. Honestly, I want to evaluate your set, but I want to do it properly and not just throw down one of those "9/10 it's great" quickie-comments with no details in them.

When I get the time to sit down and go through each and every single card, I'll post I proper comment.

Though, so far from what I've glimpsed from checking now & again, it looks quite good. All the images are cropped optimally, for the most part clear, and befitting of the sound/music/Vocaloid theme (which I'm also diggin' btw). 8)

@inferno: Thank you so much for rating!

and Advanced Summon is the new version of Tribute Summon (in the Japanese cards only' date=' I think, but I really like it)

^_^

[/quote']

good i think

i dont play the card game anymore so it doesnt matter to me

haha

they need to create a game where you can use the cards you make and the cards other people make

As a Vocaloid fan, I have to check these cards, ehehe~

Vocaloid Enchanter Luka: As this one looks like an "upgraded" version of 03 Luka, I thought you would give 1 Tuner + "03 Luka" as its Synchro Materials (03 Luka's effect could send herself back into Deck immediately, anyway). Good stats, a nifty effect. 9/10

03 Luka: As she is a Vocaloid, I think you should add "Vocaloid" in her name. The effect is simple, but can be useful. Why is she Pyro-Type, by the way? 7/10

Volume Booster Miku: The Vocaloid comment applies to her, too. The effect, on the other hand, is abusable. You can recover several thousand Life Points if used in the right time (like after you used Solemn Judgement). The second effect is not much, but can help, too. 6/10, 7/10 if you somehow change that Life Point gaining effect.

Type-01 Miku, Vocaloid Primera: If this Miku is treated as a Machine-Type monster, why the other one is not? A Level 6 monster with 1300 ATK and 1200 DEF? I believe with this effect, it could be easily a Level 4 monster... 5.5/10, 6.5/10 if changed.

Harp Tuner: I like this effect, but shouldn't she be a Tuner monster, if she can be any specific Tuner monster? I like the idea, so I give it 8/10

Chua Churam, Guitar Idol: A Level 10 Tuner? What was your idea with that? And who would Tribute 2 monsters (yes, you can use cards like Kaiser Sea Horse, but still) for this effect. I would rather run a Monarch or something like that, which is more powerful and can have a similar effect. The Special Summon effect helps it, though. 4/10

Chua, Idol Incarnation: Its effect would be cool for a Synchro Deck, if it wouldn't rely on the other card. That way, it's pretty impractical, there are faster ways for Level increasing. 3/10

Hypersonic Guitar Maiden: The burn damage is nifty, but you have to find a way to keep this card on the field. Cards which can recycle cards from remove from play can also help (the Limited card Burial From a Different Dimension would allow to inflict another 3000 damage with this card's effect). Not bad! 7.5/10

Neko Maidens of Sound: Well, how to say it, they are only useful for the effect of the previous card. Their own effect is surpassed even by cards like Ebon Magician Curran. Fetch them to the Graveyard, that seems their only way to use. 4.5/10

Volume Charger Miku: Another Miku card? The first effect can be nifty, if you use it at the right time. The second effect can be useful in a right deck too, if something situational. 6.5/10

Vocaloid Prototypes - 00: You like rapid-summoning Tuners, right? Oddly, I did not see many Synchros in your concept so far. The Field Spell-related effect is odd, but I learnt the hard way that deck thinning effects can be very deadly in the right time. 7/10

On-Stage Performance: I don't see the point of this card. Field Spells supposed to stay for a long time as a support. This one dies really fast, and its effect doesn't do much help. I would recommend something like that "If a "Vocaloid" or a "Volume" monster on your side of the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can remove 1 Volume Counter from this card and inflict 500 damage to your opponent. If there are no Volume Counters on this card when a "Vocaloid" or "Volume" monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, destroy this card and draw 1 card." 5/10, 7.5/10 if changed.

Volume Hammer: Heh, I like it. You can just screw around with your opponent. I would change the first effect a bit, though, so it only activates when it's discarded by a card effect of your opponent. Otherwise, you can just use a card which has a discard cost, like Lightning Vortex. I could see this card seen in several decks. 7/10, 8.5/10 if the first effect is balanced out.

Static Sound: It's a Normal Spell Card, which Draw Phase will be affected? I supposed it would be your next Draw Phase. The last effect seems pointless, not many cards do Effect Damage during Standby Phase - maybe you intended it to make its effect till the End Phase. I am not sure how useful would it be. 6/10

Sound Spark: It can be used either as an annoyance to your opponent, or to protect your Vocaloid monsters. I would take out the card drawing effect from the last part, though. 7/10, 8/10 if changed.

Volume Overload: ...Card disadvantage for a Life Point boost you lose almost instantly? No, I see almost no uses for this card. The only case I can see any point in this cards is combining it with The Agent of Force - Mars, which could get a nifty boost from this, but even for this, I'd rather use Ageis of Gaia. 3/10

Fragmenting Sound: Let's count. You activate this card. You also discard 2 cards. That's -3. Even if you have 6 cards when you activate this, you will be left with 3 cards. Which means your opponent's Life Points are divided by 3. Even if your opponent is on 8000 Life Points, that's roughly 5400 damage. And that's if you have 6 cards in when you activate. As it pretty much leaves you defenseless (you cannot do anything else in this turn), it doesn't sound like a good idea... 3/10

Moon Piper: A Continuous Spell version of Book of Moon. It loses the versatility over the original, though. Some decks could use it, though. 5/10

Volume Mute: You would immediately lose the Duel at the time you activate this Spell Card. I think you should add "You cannot lose Duel by your Life Points decreasing to 0 until the End Phase." to avoid this. And even that way, it would have a very gimmicky usefulness (like you use with a LP-increasing Deck, and you are in grave danger). 4/10

Volume Control: A curious idea, but I believe it could be a very dual-edged sword. Draw engine Decks could profit from it, though. Interesting. 7/10

Co-Operative Singing: I cannot judge this card at the moment cause of the low number of Vocaloid and Volume monsters I see currently. Can be useful.

Midnight Stage: If your opponent uses defensive stall monsters, it can be effective. It's usefulness is heavily based on the situation. Probably, it would be a side deck material. 6.5/10

Solo Guitar: Tell me one reason why I would use this card over Raregold Armor. I have nothing more to say about this one. 4/10

Sound Tune-Up: Tuner supports are always welcome, especially combined with Level manipulation. 7.5/10

Megaphone Fortress: A toned-down version of Swords of Revealing Light. The discard cost is painful, but it can be worked with. The Life Point increase boost is amusing. 7/10

Volume Safety Line: How many cards there are which cause more than 1000 Effect Damage (outside your cards, which are pretty impractical most of the time)? If it would be 600 or such, it could be a situational but useful card. 6/10, 8/10 against a burn deck after a change.

Cable Whip: You combined like 3 different cards' effect in this one. I wonder why you have to discard 1 random card for this one. Even if you can decide it could be good enough. 6.5/10

I definitely see the concept you are going to do with these cards (drawing manipulation, LP gain, etc.), but I cannot get over the fact that many of the cards are just way too impractical to use in any given situation, that's why some cards got very low scores. If you can explain cases when these can be used properly, I may increase their scores. I also recommend you to check existing cards before making yours if you are not sure if the effects you are going to make are already done earlier or not.

Archived