~Hypersound Modulation~ Finished!

NeosWiseman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Exa Raiun: WOW!!! LOL I never expected such a comment... Thanks! It's quite helpful, but I just want to tell you that this is a test set. Moreover, most of the cards are just created because I'm fancy of the theme "Sound/Music", so they are not supposed to be treated like real cards. I don't see something bad about having similar effects, though.

Anyway, thank you for the rates and your advise could prove quite useful.

^_^

@BloodBlader: Thank you, too! =D About the booster pack, I made it on Photoshop ;-)

@Exa Raiun: WOW!!! LOL I never expected such a comment... Thanks! It's quite helpful' date=' but I just want to tell you that this is a test set. Moreover, most of the cards are just created because I'm fancy of the theme "Sound/Music", so they are not supposed to be treated like real cards. I don't see something bad about having similar effects, though.

Anyway, thank you for the rates and your advise could prove quite useful.

^_^

[/quote']

Well, if I see a concept I feel worthy to comment, I try to do my best to rate it properly. I like music-based concepts, too, that's why I got interested in your set (earlier I tried to make a Vocaloid-based set). About the case of similar effects - I have the tendency to compare the cards made on this side to real cards so I can have a help to judge the balance. If you will come up with more, I'll gladly review them, too :)

Dark Vocaloid - Black Rock Shooter: I believe it should be Level 5 or 6. Yes, it can inflict a few hundred extra damage with each attack because of her effect and it has a protective effect, but considering it's rather low ATK, it won't have many chances to use the effect. 6/10, 7/10 if its Level is lowered.

Cyber Guitar Angel: Wow, I like it! It is a strong enough Level 4 monster to stand on its own, it has a healing effect, and if you find a way for this one to attack twice, it can get rid of nasty face-down cards. 9/10

Note Keeper: Hmm... that's hard to judge. Its effect makes it somewhat like a variation of Golden Sarcophagus, but still flexible enough to be useful. I see its potentials definitely. 8/10

I checked the changes you made in these cards. For the cards you changed, I can add +1-1.5 to your score, but in the case of Neko Maidens of Sound, I like the new version much better, which means I change my rate to 7.5/10 in the case of that card (which is +3!).

Thank you' date=' man! You're like the only person taking the whole "Rate and Comment" thing seriously.

You're awesome! ^_^

And so is your collection!

I checked it out! Great! =D

[/quote']

Well, I do believe that rating needs effort to do, just like making the cards themeselves. Granted, I usually don't comment about the OCG, as my priority is about the effects and the balance. As for my sets, the Maidservants were my first complete set, and my Vocaloid set is stopped for the lack of interest - and the fact that there are way too many alternative versions, songs, etc. so I could not really make that set full.

Now, let's check your new cards:

Negative Sound Vocaloid - Evil Miku: The first effect is kind of hard to judge in terms of balance, even though I see where you are going to go with your set. It definitely gives an extra edge against swarming decks. For added fun, try to use it with Fighting Spirit. The second effect is good for lowering the casualties you suffer from losing this monster, which is good. And the last effect - considering you had at least 3 or 4 different "Miku" monsters, and none of them seemed Limited or such, I afraid this can easily cause an overkill by clearing a whole field. Either you should make it so it applies for each "Miku" monster with different names, or so it destroys 1 card for each 2 (or 3) "Miku" monster in your Graveyard. The idea is pretty good, anyway, so I give it 8/10.

Mirror Sound: This card looks like a mix of Waboku and Hallowed Life Barrier with its effect, but it doesn't protect your monsters like Waboku, on the good side, it does not need to discard a card like Hallowed Life Barrier and it also inflicts damage to your opponent. It can be useful agaisnt a burn deck, in other situations, not so much. 6/10, 7/10 against burn decks.

An amazing set, 10/10 I love it, they all work fairly well with eachh other and the pics are amazing. Other than that, small ocg errors in them, which could be a nationality conflict again. By American ocg, Advance Summoned should be Tribute Summoned, and releasing should be tributing. Even taking those maybe errors, maybe nots, this is a great set which after reading over the majority of the effects, I wish they were real beause I would so run such a deck.

Okay, here I am again to review your latest cards!

Volume Tamer Miku: It feels ... situational. In the current meta, Defense Position monsters are much rarer than earlier. You can definitely help this card by using Earthquake and similar spells, but building a deck based on it seems disadvantageous. 5/10, 7/10 if your opponent plays a defensive/stall deck.

Exceeding Sound Spirit Miku: A Spirit Synchro Monster? That's something I've never seen before - because of that, I don't know how it would be ruled (Spirit Monsters usually cannot be Special Summoned, but Synchro Summoning is a Special Summon...). Probably you should add "This monster cannot be Special Summoned, except by a Synchro Summon.". The discard effect seems very powerful, maybe even overpowered. Like you set 3 cards in the first turn, Special Summon a monster and Normal Summon another (not too hard to pull out), then after the Synchro Summon, you discard only 1 card (as you had 6 cards), while your opponent discards five. Maybe you could change it to "When this monster is Summoned, you can discard a number of cards from your hand to discard the same number of cards from the hand of your opponent", and even that would be a bit edgy in terms of balance. 6/10, as I cannot really know a safe way to make it balanced...

Megaphone Support Platform: Equip it to a Field Spell ? You come up with more and more unique ideas. And unlike the previous card, this one seems balanced and fun, especially in decks which use lots of healing - and your concept does use a lot. 9/10, because creativity and effectiveness meets in this one.

Crushlanded Star: Sounds like a card which was made with Dark World monsters in mind. Can be powerful in particular decks, but I have to admit I never really played them or played against them. The idea seems good, even though may be a bit situational at times. 7/10, 7.5/10 in decks made for such ideas.

Vocaloid Shadow: If you have powerful Vocaloid monsters, it can give a nice advantage to you, especially if your enemy uses lots of face-down cards (either Traps, Spells or Set monsters). I see potential in this one too. 7/10

My opinion is that you definitely got better in cardmaking. Your ideas are more unique and their usefulness is increased too, in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

I was a bit busy during the last few days, but I'm back again!

I noticed the change in Spirit Miku, I change my score to 7.5/10

Rin, Sound Transporter: Looks like a good enough card, with its decent ATK and ability, even though if you Special Summon from your hand, you can run into a hand disadvantage. Even with that, I can rate this card to 8/10.

Type-02 Rin, Vocaloid Segunda: I think the first effect of this card can be somewhat useful, the second one is a bit more situational, but still acceptable, while the last one is easy to fulfill, even though considering the stats of this one, most people wouldn't spend Trap Cards to get rid of this one... 6.5/10

Witty Vocaloid: Considering the Synchro monsters in this set, there is a chance you can deal massive damage with this card. On the other hand, the activation's requirements are big enough so you cannot make a first turn kill or something like that with this card. 7/10

Identity Exchange: Well, if anything, that's a bit odd. At first glance it looks like a somewhat weakened, Continuous Trap version of Creature Swap. But then we see the Trap and Spell immunity...

As mentioned in the beginning, you can use it as a sort of Creature Swap version. One question, though - if this card leaves the field cause the destruction of 1 of the monsters, the other monster will get back its original stats and effects or not?

Until I know the answer for this, I cannot rate it properly.

Archived