~Hypersound Modulation~ Finished!

NeosWiseman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Toy Soldier" Vocaloid Luka: I think the wording is a bit confusing. Do you mean that if the direct attack effect is activated, it cannot attack during your next Battle Phase? (As it already attacked during this turn with the direct attack). Otherwise, it looks like a solid card which could even go well with Warrior decks. 8/10

Insane Black Rock Shooter: The way you worded this card is similar to the wording of the Harpie Lady cards - where you have more cards which are treated the same name, you can have 3 of them in your Deck in total, as far as I know - unless you change it to "As long as this card is on the field or in your Graveyard..." , as in the case of Harpie Queen, which avoids this problem. The effects are powerful if a bit random. In terms of uses, it is pretty much a buffed up - but harder to summon - version of Ally of Justice Catastor. 7.5/10

Black Rock Cannon: Hmm... 1 card destruction for each 2 counters? Optimally, it means around 2~3 cards at most. Effective but as it requires a particular monster, it does not get imbalanced, in my opinion. 7.5/10

Black Rock Blade: Considering Black Rock Shooter's original stats, the ATK increase is not that high. The counter boosting is nice, if somewhat slow to be effective. The second effect is curious, but if I want to weaken my enemies, I have better choices, and burn decks wouldn't resort to Equip Spell Cards, in my opinion. 7/10

I guess you are right about burning decks not resorting to equip cards. Officially, I wanted to make a separate set for Black Rock Shooter, but I thought it would be too much and I just added the cards here. The Blade is not really suitable for this set too imo, but I like it too much to remove it ;-)

Anyway thanks for the review! ^_^

Well, seeing your set makes me think there is a lot of potential in your Vocaloid-based cards. Do you think I should revive my own set so we can work together (even though they got reworked which doesn't appear yet)? I wonder how the two set would combo, actually... ^^

That's a great idea I think. You should definitely start working on it again

I would like to see how they co-operate as well ^_^

I'll post another card in a minute. You can check it out (Then I'll be leaving for awhile, gotta go to my graduation ceremony :-P)

Black Chain Warp: Clever! If it goes off, you can have fun with redirecting a monster effect. If it gets destroyed, it can be still used for its damage and crippling. Its only vulnerability is that it needs Black Rock Shooter for the activation, but that's understandable. 8.5/10

And as for the combination of our concepts, I realized that I went with a different aspect, so while some of your cards could theoretically be used with my cards , but it doesn't work the other way around (as I refer to "Vocaloid Idol" and "Vocaloid Derivative" cards, not just "Vocaloid" cards).

Yep, I realized that too.

Fallen Angel Miku: A Fusion Monster with an unusual summoning condition and a curious Synchro Support. Balance-wise, it's interesting. Theoretically, as this is a "Miku" monster too, you can discard a Spell Card when this monster is destroyed to Summon another Fallen Angel Miku from your Extra Deck... I wonder if it is intentional or not. Probably it would be Limited, I guess. 7/10

You may be right, I don't have much experience with ? ATK monsters, I have to admit.

As for the new cards:

Type-03 Luka, Vocaloid Trecera: Seems a bit impractical. It is supposed to be a stalling card, but you need quite a bit of preparation to make it an effective one. Cards like Raregold Armor can help this one, but in my opinion, there are better ways to stall. 5/10

Malfunctioning Rin: A kamikaze monster? That's crazy, especially that it can pretty much work as a Raigeki if used in the right time (and in the right deck, obviously - getting a monster, even a token is not that difficult to Summon before you pull this out). Combine this card with Spirit Barrier to avoid the damage you would get. Probably you would want to change the destruction effect so it only destroys face-up monsters... 5.5/10, 7.5/10 if somehow balanced out. I don't really know how...

Vocaloid Caster Luka: Broken. The chance of the effect backfiring can be nullified by including only Level 7 or lower Synchro Monsters in your Extra Deck - there are still plenty of powerful choices. Probably I would change it by "During your Standby Phase, you can Tribute this card and pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon a Level 6 or lower Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring Summon Conditions." - that way it would be still powerful, but the opponent would have a chance to get rid of this card before the insta-Synchro. 4/10, 7/10 if balanced out.

Vocaloid Rin, the Dimension Traveller: I smell an infinite destruction engine here. A slow but solid destruction engine. Granted, you need a lot of protection for pulling this out (Gravity Bind, Level Limit - Area B and similar help), but you can combo this card to slowly burn your opponent to 0 Life Points. (Get 2 of these on the field. Get Cannon Soldier. Tribute 1 of the Rins. Remove it from play from your Graveyard. Special Summon it back on the field on the End Phase. Tribute it again. Etc..) Yes. It's a very impractical combo, but with some work, it could be pretty fun, in my opinion. 8/10

Devil Luka of the Limited Sound: The first effect can be effective if you have a way to look at the hand of your opponent, or alternatively, if your opponent had a Spell Card on the field, but you sent it back to his hand with a card like Giant Trunade. As for the second effect - it pretty much makes up for the fact it has very low DEF. On another note - I feel the 2600 ATK a bit too much for a Level 5 monster. I think it should be Level 6. 6.5/10, 7/10 if changed.

Passionate Singing: Well, I don't know. I'm afraid this card would be overshadowed by Equip Spells which can increase ATK more. The protection effect is a nice touch, though. 6/10

Inevitable Bloodshed: Inferior to Waboku in every possible way, sorry. On a side-note, the picture is pretty cool. ^^ 3/10

I noticed that you try to take risks with these new card effects, which is good in a way for supporting creativity, but can get edgy in terms of balance. But I like your ideas, anyway.

Singing Angel: While the Life Point increase effect is somewhat low, its own protection and the last effect makes it curious to use. Not bad. 7/10

Sound Command: Most of the "this monster cannot attack this turn" effect monsters are rather powerful. You can imagine what would happen if you would allow them to attack again with the effect of this card... for example, take Chaos Sorcerer as an example. It has 2300 ATK, so you can use its effect to remove from play 1 face-up monster on the field then use Sound Command to inflict massive damage. I would halve the inflicted damage. 4/10, 6.5/10 if changed. Sorry, I am not so fond of this card.

Uninstall Execution: Oww. Foolish Burial x 2 and you can remove a monster from the field. I think you went way overboard with this card... I have no idea how it could have been better - probably if you would have to remove from play 1 monster you control, but still... 2/10 , 5/10 if changed.

Cyber Genetic Sound: The first effect is effective against some cards, somewhat situational in other cases. The other effect is again a bit low to be much of importance. 6/10

I can appreciate the effort put into these cards, but I believe you would have to think about the usability of a card to avoid obviously overpowered cards. Your cards are not bland, but sometimes you left clear broken points on them.

Of course it's fine with me! I can imagine my ratings are harsh at times, but I cannot look over obvious mistakes. I try to give fair ratings - and this involves pointing out what's wrong and showing what's right. Everyone makes errors here or there - but I really appreciate that you do your best to correct these.

Tuning Trumpet Luka: I don't know if it is intentional or not, but by using Equip Spell Cards, you can reach really high damages by the use of this card. As an example, if you equip this card with Axe of Despair, the inflicted direct damage will be (300+1000)x2 = 2600! Even higher results can be used by cards like United We Stand or Mage Power. As a low-Level LIGHT Warrior-Type monster, it can be also searched and summoned easily. It can lead to OTKs. The last effect is somewhat odd, I wonder how it is supposed to be useful. 6.5/10

Enraged Miku: A somewhat gimmicky effect which can be useful at the right time, a bit similar like Rush Recklessly in a monster form. 6/10

• 4 weeks later...

Archived