how do you beat Obelisk the Tormentor?

tomcat14d

D Hero Plasma

built in skill drain so now Obelisk is an ice cream flavor, then have Plasma eat the ice cream

this is childrens logic, and since we're playing a childrens card game it's not that hard to figure out, even though someone probably already thought of this didn't they?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D Hero Plasma

built in skill drain so now Obelisk is an ice cream flavor' date=' then have Plasma eat the ice cream

this is childrens logic, and since we're playing a childrens card game it's not that hard to figure out, even though someone probably already thought of this didn't they?

[/quote']

Yeah... I /think/ I mentioned it. I know someone did.

Here you go this is what you need considering 4000+ atk monsters are hard to find

a 3000 or higher monster

axe of despair

(or any atk raising equip card. )black pendant (if you have a 3000 atk monster)

now use your 4000+ atk monster against his

Or' date=' you know, Smashing Ground, which takes 1 card and no set-up...

[/quote']

Or use fissure or hammer shot you know...or use ojama king to keep him from getting 3 tributes as well as ojama trio

i tink i kno why this discusion is taking so mny pages long. its very hard to stop obelisk the torment bcas he is the best egyptian god and gods are very hard to stop and hes the best gos so he isv ery very hard to stop

i dont think what yugi did to him wen he was fcing him was okay bcas he atacked the ground under obelisk but obelisk has wings as you can see and even if he didnt he is till a god so he can fly

plus wen i tried that on my fried when he was using frogs he threw me out of the house

but he is much smarter then me he gets all as and i dont hav one a i have one b thoh

i tink i kno why this discusion is taking so mny pages long. its very hard to stop obelisk the torment bcas he is the best egyptian god and gods are very hard to stop and hes the best gos so he isv ery very hard to stop

i dont think what yugi did to him wen he was fcing him was okay bcas he atacked the ground under obelisk but obelisk has wings as you can see and even if he didnt he is till a god so he can fly

plus wen i tried that on my fried when he was using frogs he threw me out of the house

but he is much smarter then me he gets all as and i dont hav one a i have one b thoh

You know what?

In order to have a humanoid shape fly, it would take 20 times the muscle the average man has on his shoulders to do so, and that's when you replace the hands with wings. Obelisk has them on his back. It is extremely hard to actually fly, with such a gigantic body.

inb4logic

Anyways, if obelisk had the anime effect it would be overkill. But the real-life obelisk is a bunch of scrap.

You know what?

In order to have a humanoid shape fly' date=' it would take 20 times the muscle the average man has on his shoulders to do so, and that's when you replace the hands with wings. Obelisk has them on his back. It is extremely hard to actually fly, with such a gigantic body.

inb4logic

Anyways, if obelisk had the anime effect it would be overkill. But the real-life obelisk is a bunch of scrap.

[/quote']

I think I lost some brain cells reading his post. Anyway, anime obelisk = no fun. In fact, why not the Sacred Cards version? Wipe the field and deal 4000lp damage. lol That would be op'ed when combined with fatal abacus.

As for some other ways to kill him. This may not necessarily kill him but morphing jar#2 works.

Another Obelisk for lulz

LV, MF, DMF, RMF, MW, BRD, AZ, etc etc

Lightning vortex, mirror force, dark mirror force, Radiant mirror force, Mirror Wall, Black Rose Dragon, Absolute Zero, and Black rose garden

I think I lost some brain cells reading his post. Anyway' date=' anime obelisk = no fun. In fact, why not the Sacred Cards version? Wipe the field and deal 4000lp damage. lol That would be op'ed when combined with fatal abacus.

[i']Um, that was the reason I said Obelisk in the Anime was overkill.[/i]

As for some other ways to kill him. This may not necessarily kill him but morphing jar#2 works.

Another Obelisk for lulz

Lightning vortex, mirror force, dark mirror force, Radiant mirror force, Mirror Wall, Black Rose Dragon, Absolute Zero, and Black rose garden

Or is it that the word "overkill" means "UP'ed"?

If so, it's just my lack of words. You know what country I came from...

You know what?

In order to have a humanoid shape fly' date=' it would take 20 times the muscle the average man has on his shoulders to do so, and that's when you replace the hands with wings. Obelisk has them on his back. It is extremely hard to actually fly, with such a gigantic body.

inb4logic

[/quote']

I think I lost some brain cells reading his post. Anyway, anime obelisk = no fun. In fact, why not the Sacred Cards version? Wipe the field and deal 4000lp damage. lol That would be op'ed when combined with fatal abacus.

Another Obelisk for lulz

I lol'd at the bolded stuff

Obelisk [Legal] Too easy to get around it, as we stated before

Obelisk [Anime] Too OP'd, i would touch that version with a twenty foot pole

You know what?

inb4logic

[/quote']

Another Obelisk for lulz

I lol'd at the underlined stuff, because Obelisk will (never?) be facedown and hardly ever in defense mode

You know what?

inb4logic

[/quote']

Another Obelisk for lulz

I lol'd at the underlined stuff, because Obelisk will (never?) be facedown and hardly ever in defense mode

Theres no point in Obelisk in defense position in general.

I lol'd at that aswell tbqh.

now you said he need alot of muscle to fly but the problme with that is obelisk is a god cad and so he can do watever he wants bcas he is a god and hes also the strongset god so he can do what the toher gods can and they can fly so he can to.

so i respctfuly disagre with you on that isshu. i tink the ways most decks can stop obelisk the torment is to use blac rsoe dragon sence many decks use her and shes very good and is no vrey hard to bring out.

i know some ohter people said this and i agre with them and i hope to help prvoe their point.

now you said he need alot of muscle to fly but the problme with that is obelisk is a god cad and so he can do watever he wants bcas he is a god and hes also the strongset god so he can do what the toher gods can and they can fly so he can to.

so i respctfuly disagre with you on that isshu. i tink the ways most decks can stop obelisk the torment is to use blac rsoe dragon sence many decks use her and shes very good and is no vrey hard to bring out.

i know some ohter people said this and i agre with them and i hope to help prvoe their point.

With that Logic Slifer should have Infinity ATK and DEF, is a Level 1, Have every effect known to man, and could change shape

Seriously, Like everyone said, Mirror Force, Lightning Vortex, ext

And technically' date=' Horakhty, The Creator God of Light is the strongest God Card

[/quote']

no such rEAL card exists

He's being sarcastic. I hope.

Well, but at least, Black Rose is commonly used. However, Lightning Vortex has less hand cost (most of the time).

I'm 100% serious... Obelisk is not the best, as he erroneously claimed, even if it is not produced as a real card

you kNOW what I'm saying?

The most effective way to defeat it is with Skill Drain.

Also, if your running a Zombie Deck and happen to use Zombie World you can prevent him from being Summoned in the first place. And if you happen to be familiar with some of the anime cards, scrap iron scarecrow can keep you safe until you draw some of these cards. I've seen a Morphtronic Deck destroy Obelisk.

(negating an action does not target a card) using Boarden they finished the game attacking right past it.

The best bet is using Skill Drain followed by Cylinder.

There most obvious cards that actually work...

Lightning Vortex

BR Dragon

Hammer Shot

Someone told me that you could use Creature Swap if Obelisk was the only Monster that they control...Is this true?

Wow Obelisk is actually the worst of the gods his effect sucks his ATK and def can easily be used against him and ya know the others are dragons of course they can fly.

Archived