how do you beat Obelisk the Tormentor?

tomcat14d

I've destroyed Obelisk The Tormentor with blue eyes white dragon with united we stand, and before I attacked I activated double summon, so BEWD had 4600 ATK, destroying Obelisk The Tormentor.

Cards you need: (Don't buy God cards, they are NOT playable unless Obelisk is the promo version.)

1. United We Stand (15-25 dollars)

2. Blue Eyes White Dragon (Depends On Version, Get One At Most $10)

3. Any Card That Can Make You Summon Another Monster (Face-up For UWS)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've destroyed Obelisk The Tormentor with blue eyes white dragon with united we stand' date=' and before I attacked I activated double summon, so BEWD had 4600 ATK, destroying Obelisk The Tormentor.

Cards you need: (Don't buy God cards, they are NOT playable unless Obelisk is the promo version.)

1. United We Stand (15-25 dollars)

2. Blue Eyes White Dragon (Depends On Version, Get One At Most $10)

3. Any Card That Can Make You Summon Another Monster (Face-up For UWS)

[/quote']

lolprices

well lets see yugi beat kaiba bad so you could just watch that battle lol. but think as a god effects that specifcally target it are negated and so are spell and trap cards that specifically target note that. also it has an ability to blast off 4000 points of damage to any thing so the machina mayhem thing just got crushed. use cards that nuke the entire field not just one card (such as black rose dragon) and he'll be finished.

well lets see yugi beat kaiba bad so you could just watch that battle lol. but think as a god effects that specifcally target it are negated and so are spell and trap cards that specifically target note that. also it has an ability to blast off 4000 points of damage to any thing so the machina mayhem thing just got crushed. use cards that nuke the entire field not just one card (such as black rose dragon) and he'll be finished.

His effect doesn't inflict 4000... read the legal version of the card.

Obelisk's Normal Summn cannot be negated and no S/Ts can be activated in response to its summon (no Bottomless/Torrential/etc)

Actually you're wrong on that one slightly. solemn Judgement can be used as well as Divine Wrath. Monster effects are spell speed 2 and Counters are spell speed 3 so they go first and screw Obelisk's effect over.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Speed

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

Spell Speed means nothing in this case.

Anyway,

How are you having trouble with Obelisk? There are so many cards that get rid of it...DX

Ignoring that.

400px-LocomotionR-GenexDT05-JP-DScPR-DT.jpg

When this card is Synchro Summoned' date=' select and take control of 1 face-up monster with the highest Level your opponent controls.

Perm non-targeting B-Con.

Do I win the Anti-Obelisk cake?

[/quote']

I <3 Locomotion R-Genex

Obelisk is not hard to defeat considering the fact that you need to Tribute 3 Monsters for it and then your opponent only has him on the Field. Which of course means he is free to be defeated with Mirror Force, Lightning Vortex and all the other s**t that don't Target. But of course you can also Use Cards like Black Rose Dragon to nuke the Field or Colossal Fighter to well bring the Big Guns to Obelisk.

Ignoring that.

When this card is Synchro Summoned' date=' select and take control of 1 face-up monster with the highest Level your opponent controls.

[/quote']

This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Spells' date=' Traps or Effect Monsters. [/quote']

Isn't the selection of Obelisk targeting?

Ignoring that.

[/quote']

This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Spells' date=' Traps or Effect Monsters. [/quote']

You don't get a choice, so I say it isn't >_>

Ignoring that.

[/quote']

You don't get a choice, so I say it isn't >_>

I say it is. 8)

Also...

Blackwing Armor Master.

If you dont play with gay ban lists' date=' then you can still use Dark Hole or Raigekil, Lightning Vortex. Anything that does not specifically target him can destroy it.

[/quote']

If you don't play with banlists, any good player can win on the first turn every game and it isn't worth playing.

Archived