The Mushroom Kingdom

Clair

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that was sarcasm. Wait' date=' no I don't. Anything that gets people interested in Super Mario World hacking is good.[/i']

Oooh, I was into SMW hacking back in the day... a few months ago, actually.

Maybe you can inspire me to get started again? D':

Team hack maybe? Do you have an account of Super Mario World Central? If you do, we can plan it there, or here. I'm not too picky.

I've lurked around SMW Central, but I haven't really got around to making an account.

I wouldn't mind doing a team hack, but how would we both access the same ROM? We'd have to send it over to the other person each time we make an edit, and that would be... ugh.

I have two or three levels of a hack done, but they are pretty crudely created. Extremely fun if you don't know what you are doing, though.

I lurv Clair's new avi. <3

A little something called a MWL file.

See, we make our levels in a different rom, and at the end, whoever doesn't have the Base Rom takes their levels, and exports them as MWL files. Also, if you use a custom palette, they send that as well. Then, whoever has the base rom take the MWL files, and inserts them and the palette into the rom. Thus, we get the levels into a single rom. We just have to decide on how many levels, and who does what world. As long as the level looks good and plays well, it'll be fine. No flunchers, cut-off, bad palettes, and those are easy enough to avoid. And then we have the overworld. Lunar Magic is easy enough to use.

WE CAN DISCUSS THIS HERE CAUSE IT'S MARIO!

Clair's new avatar is awesome.

Don't confuse me. I still don't know how Lunar IPS (or ISP?) works. D:

My Heart Gold is haxed. I was battling Clair' date=' and I froze both of her Dragonairs and her Kingdra with Politoed's Ice Beam. I felt like a complete dick. xD

Gyarados was OHKO'd by Ampharos' Discharge, both Dragonairs 2HKO'd by Politoed's Ice Beam, and Kingdra was KO'd by Jirachi's Draco Meteor. I switched Jirachi in after I froze Kingdra cause Politoed's Ice Beam didn't do crap to it. :/

[/quote']

Sorry Clair. D:

My Politoed is too awesome for your Dragons to handle. :3

I really hope that was sarcasm. Wait' date=' no I don't. Anything that gets people interested in Super Mario World hacking is good.[/i']

Team hack maybe? Do you have an account of Super Mario World Central? If you do, we can plan it there, or here. I'm not too picky.

I've lurked around SMW Central, but I haven't really got around to making an account.

I wouldn't mind doing a team hack, but how would we both access the same ROM? We'd have to send it over to the other person each time we make an edit, and that would be... ugh.

I have two or three levels of a hack done, but they are pretty crudely created. Extremely fun if you don't know what you are doing, though.

See, we make our levels in a different rom, and at the end, whoever doesn't have the Base Rom takes their levels, and exports them as MWL files. Also, if you use a custom palette, they send that as well. Then, whoever has the base rom take the MWL files, and inserts them and the palette into the rom. Thus, we get the levels into a single rom. We just have to decide on how many levels, and who does what world. As long as the level looks good and plays well, it'll be fine. No flunchers, cut-off, bad palettes, and those are easy enough to avoid. And then we have the overworld. Lunar Magic is easy enough to use.

We don't Luner IPS just yet. This is different.

I don't get it. They're clearly flying turtles' date=' and the name is Paratroopa, not Parakoopa.

[/quote']

It's not that, it's that the guy was reviewing a Mario fic, and he said that. It's from the Fan-Fiction section.

It's a YCM meme you use when someone says something that is ignorant or posts something ignorant. The meme originated in my fanfic when Double c_4 said he didn't know what a parakoopa was. Crab was so shocked by this, Crab emphasized it 6 times in his review of the review. Umbra made the demotivational.

No, I know that Lunar IPS is for patching the hack to a clean ROM so you can play it on vSNES. Well, if you do all the techy stuff, I guess we can.

Should I make a test level to show you my skillz? D:

No, I know that Lunar IPS is for patching the hack to a clean ROM so you can play it on vSNES. Well, if you do all the techy stuff, I guess we can.

Should I make a test level to show you my skillz? D:

Sure. I think we better start without custom stuff. It makes the Team Hack a little harder.

This may seem like a really dumb question' date=' but how did you hurt anyone? IIRC, Fridge only spits out food.

[/quote']

HAHAHAHOh....you're serious.

You may now about 50 times more then me in competitive Pokemanz battling, but AA/MM/Kirby is where I shine. You didn't even know what BlockCharge was. xD

The food deals damage, and so does the fridge door, silly.

Archived