DARKPLANT RISING

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Many of these suggestions (I use that loosely since they could qualify as a little more than that in the right place), assume things that are heavily generalized and if the user is not a noob/n00b a simple reminder or notification will quite easily remedy their situation. However, this is lol assuming that you know the proper definition of a n00b which you seem to never grasp (which in many cases would qualify you as one). All this does is insult the common sense of any user and desensitize them to internet behavior, something I see as a terribly negative trait. Let them learn on their own and get their own personality like we all did.

I strongly agree with Icy.

By overcoming our "noobness", we then feel the need to better ourselves. If I were still a one star, and I had read this thread, i'd turn out much differently than I would if I were to progress, and make the change myself. I could go into more detail, but tl;dr.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is stupid. Sure, it makes it a lot easier on the older members in terms of not having to correct the noobs and what not. However, I believe that you should be yourself on a forum and not blend into a guideline with everyone else. You won't stand out and you wouldn't do any good for the forum, you'd be another mindless lamb.

[quote name='Darth Barbarous' timestamp='1334138258' post='5909923']
This is stupid. Sure, it makes it a lot easier on the older members in terms of not having to correct the noobs and what not. However, I believe that you should be yourself on a forum and not blend into a guideline with everyone else. You won't stand out and you wouldn't do any good for the forum, you'd be another mindless lamb.
[/quote]
This tut is things not to do. You can stand out and still not do things that make you look bad. Nobody is telling you how to act, just how not to act.

[quote name='Darth Barbarous' timestamp='1334141124' post='5909934']
Your point? The basis of my argument still stands.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that his point was that you are ignorant and have no argument. Let me point some things out for you...

[quote name='Darth Barbarous' timestamp='1334138258' post='5909923']
This is stupid.
[color=#008000][b]You're stupid.[/b][/color]

Sure, it makes it a lot easier on the older members in terms of not having to correct the noobs and what not. However, I believe that you should be yourself on a forum and not blend into a guideline with everyone else.
[color=#008000][b]Be yourself on a forum? More than half of the internet lies about who they are. And why wouldn't you go by the guidlines? They are there to protect the other members from your stupidity and to protect the newblets from getting banned. You don't want the poor newblets to get banned, do you?[/b][/color]

You won't stand out and you wouldn't do any good for the forum, you'd be another mindless lamb.
[color=#008000][b]So, you're saying that we should break the guidlines set forth for our protection and that would make you stand out as a member and help the forum as a whole? Breaking the rules is the wrong way to get known, buddy, and if breaking the rules is the only way you can get anywhere on the forum, then that's pretty sad. You'd have better luck in real life and that's not saying much. It could also only hurt the forum as a whole and people would look down upon your stupidity.[/b][/color]

[color=#008000][b]One last thing. You're stupid and I hate you for you'r ignorance.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
I've found several stupid and wrong opinions in your posts. Please kindly shut the f*** up and stop talking back to Tsukasa. He was put there for our protection from stupid people like you. Seriously, if you were in front of me right now, I would kick dirt onto your shoes. I don't like you, punk.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1334143222' post='5909945']
I'm pretty sure that his point was that you are ignorant and have no argument. Let me point some things out for you...

I've found several stupid and wrong opinions in your posts. Please kindly shut the f*** up and stop talking back to Tsukasa. He was put there for our protection from stupid people like you. Seriously, if you were in front of me right now, I would kick dirt onto your shoes. I don't like you, punk.
[/quote]
Lol, butthurt.

1. So, because 'more than half' of the internet lies about who they are we should therefore encourage new members to do the same? No, the forum rules are there to protect the members and prevent them for being banned. If the new members chose not to read the rules that is their choice. This is nothing but a guide to be 'cool' and follow the crowd by. Also, I hope you see the irony as I joined a few days ago myself.

2. Yes! You should break a few rules. You shouldn't strictly adhere to the rules unless you're a moderator and are expected to set an example. It can't possibly hurt to post memes or pointless comments in a thread or two, it helps develop your character and it shows the forum community who you are. Also, protection from what exactly? The rules are in place so that this forum isn't a giant SPAM-hole. They don't protect us from anything, rather, they help keep the forum clean. They don't need to be strictly followed otherwise what's the point of being a new member? Trial and error is what Icy and myself say.

3. It would NOT hurt the forum as a whole. Are you f***ing stupid? This forum has blatantly been around long before this tutorial was in place and I'm sure it did just fine as a forum.

One last thing, I couldn't care less if you hated me dude. If you hate me, that's your choice, so be it. But hate is a strong word and hating someone for idiocy is idiotic in itself. A wise man can learn more from a fool's question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. That's all. ~

Archived