The Noob Tutorial

DARKPLANT RISING

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1334172876' post='5910454']
Dude, I wrote all of that last night to pass time while the sun came up. No need to get so butthurt over it.
[/quote]
Haha, I am the furthest thing from butthurt my friend. Nice to know you resort to dumbfuckery while bored. Later. ~

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1334173153' post='5910460']
Alright I'll bite. Please explain what parts of the guide you disagree with and why. Be a bit specific please.
[/quote]
Bother to read my posts and you'll see that I disagree with the guide as a whole.

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1334173343' post='5910470']
I read that. Now explain what parts of the guide are wrong and why.
[/quote]
None of the content is wrong, I never said that. I'm objecting to the guide as a whole. How 'bout you stop pulling questions with no background out of thin air?

[quote name='Darth Barbarous' timestamp='1334173520' post='5910475']
None of the content is wrong, I never said that. I'm objecting to the guide as a whole. How 'bout you stop pulling questions with no background out of thin air?
[/quote]
So the guide is bad but it's not wrong. Good to know.

• 3 months later...

I seriously hope spelling isn't being hammered on [i]that [/i]much on this site. You see, some people either just aren't that good at the English language, or English isn't their mother language to begin with. I personally think people should go easy on people like that (discrimination I know, but I think it's only fair).

And so what if there are some spelling mistakes on own-made Yu-Gi-Oh cards? Not everything [i]has [/i]to look professionally, right? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I found this to be quite informative. That being said, I do prefer to act as any person with common decency and respect for their fellow man, and in this case, duelist. Very useful for those who need it, i myself benefited from the necrobump. I had no idea what a necobump is. Anyways, tho i didn't have much, i donated my points to you for this wonderful guide on how to not get your ass handed to you by this site. Must have taken some time to make, and i hope it's been worth it.

• 1 month later...

This is a very good tutorial. I only have two points of contention. 1) Where you discuss stating opinions as facts: in your example you said that saying "OCG is extremely important" was incorrect because it presented an opinion as a fact, however saying "OCG is extremely important" is by nature an opinion because individual assessment is needed to determine what is important. In other words, saying "I believe OCG is extremely important" is redundant. I agree that presenting opinions as facts is a problem on the internet, but the line starts to blur when A) people have different opinions about what counts as a fact or opinion, and B) english grammar allows for insinuation of opinion without needing to be so explicit. You have to be careful about criticising people for that when something like describing an object is completely subjective. I just had this kicked into my head by my med school professors so I feel this compulsion to spread the misery of grammatical correctness... ah, sorry about that. 2) You kinda need to check your spelling and grammar. Syntax, my good gentleman/madam!

Anyway, I agree that all newbs should definitely read this tutorial. Certainly helped me. YGM is a scary and confusing website at first hehe ^^;

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for the guide!  I've actually had this account for a good while, but I am going to start posting stuff now.  Just one thing I noticed: you said "descent" in section 5 (regarding calling others "noobs").  I believe you meant to say "decent"?

Anyways, thanks for the examples showing self-deprecating humor.  It's good to know that there are internet people on this site who can poke fun of themselves!

• 3 months later...

Archived