Fixing a Card for Noobs.

CMRenji

This is for new people out who want to be good Card Makers. I will show you some tips on how to make your card more Balanced and Better looking. Here is an example I made of the average noob card.

330783r.jpg

Not good. I will show you a Step by step Tutorial on how to make your cards better.

Step 1 - The Image

This image is overused and squashed. To find better pics, go to DeviantART or look in the Showcase section for Archives. But if you get it from an archive, GIVE CREDIT. If you don't you could get Negged. Here's one from Father Wolf's Archive:

DragonoftheSky.png

Much better for a card.

Step 2 - The Name

Light Dragon is a bad boring name that's been used hundreds of times. Be creative when you think of a name. Better names could be, Sunrise Dragon. Not the best name but better. Make sure the Image and Name go together. If you have a black armored warrior, call it "Nightmare Paladin" or something. I will call my card, "Elegant Dragon". Not the best name, but it will work.

Step 3 - The Attribute and Type

Look at the picture. You can usually tell the Attribute and Type by looking at it. He of course looks like a Dragon. And he looks like a LIGHT or WIND Attribute monster. I will use WIND and Dragon.

Step 4 - The Balance

Balance is very important in a card. The monster is Level 8 with 5000 ATK. That is not right. Most monster's ATK and DEF should rarely exceed 4000. Balance has 3 factors: ATK, DEF and Effect. We will work on ATK and DEF for now. He's a Level 8 with an effect, and Blue-Eyes White Dragon is the same level has 3000 ATK and 2500 DEF without an effect. So my monster's ATK and DEF should be lower than that. I will give him 2700 ATK. DEF is usually the lower of the two, so for DEF, I will make it 2400.

Step 5 - The Effect and OCG

The Effect makes the monster. And the OCG makes it look more proper. It's effect is OP'd and unoriginal. Look at the image of the monster again and think of an effect that could relate to that monster. Here is an effect I came up with: "When this card is Summoned, you can destroy up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on the field." But that could make it too powerful, so I will make it: "When this card is Summoned, you can destroy up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on the field. You lose 500 Life Points for each card destroyed by this effect."

OCG is important too. It isn't: "When you summon this card destroy 2 spell or trap cards on the field. Decrease your life points by 500 points for every card that is destroyed." To fix OCG, just look up an OCG fixing thread. I will show you a few tips too. Do not use points unless it's in Life Points. Graveyard, Summoned, Trap Card, Spell Card and Deck are Capitalized. It's ATK and DEF, not Atk and Def or Attack and Defense. Look up an OCG fixing thread for more.

Step 6 - The Extra Stuff

The extra stuff does not really matter much.

Circulation: Put 1st Edition, Limited Edition or nothing.

ID: In the first bar, either put the Set name(Like Endless Nightmare could be ELN) or something you can think of then in the second bar, put 00(1, 2, 3 etc.) or EN00(1, 2, 3 etc.0). Like, EGD EN001.

Creator: You could put your Username or Real name.

Year: The Year you made the card.

Serial Number: Just press "Random".

And here is the finished card:

Image Credit Goes to Father Wolf

330783f.jpg

Not great but okay. You can think of more original effects as you become more advanced. Thank you for reading. :D

• 3 weeks later...
really, i never read a single tutorial when i joined, but i never made a single noobish card or used attachments

Same here but i did have horrid OCG (And still do) so this looks like it would be useful, Next time i find a newbie in the realistic section posting their Uber Dragon card ill refer them to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived