LOCK

I think he means that you essentially remade Lefeon. No true features of Eevee were left in the final project. So really it just looks like an alternate sprite for Lefeon.

Also the tutorial in general is missing a lot of things that I think a splicing guide should have. You don't explain a lot of things that spriters need. Since this guide doesn't seem to be about any form of 'advance' techniques, it is assumed that it's meant for beginners. Trust me when I say that beginners need to be told how to save as .png. Recoloring is also something a lot of beginners need to be explained. Just telling them to replace colors doesn't really explain properly how to do it.

Also you have a very cookie cutter type of description of how to do this. You make it sound like all you do is add limbs and tails to do splicing. Sometimes those options aren't available, and most of the best splices around don't do something quite this simple.

Also you spend a lot of time explaining how to arrange the presentation, which seems a tad unnecessary since there are a lot of ways to do that =P

Archived