The Theme Deck Ladder

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

- Geminis are staying in the never use. WWAAYY too slow and they don’t really work together. They each stick to their specific deck-types.

- Dark Magician Deck will be added into the fun category.

- Demise OTK is a deck type, this thread is for THEMES (E-Hero, Crystal Beast, etc.)

- E Heros are better than Amazons. -_-

- Good argument. Toons will be moved to the never use category.

- Sacred Beasts will be added.

- Ninjas will be added.

- Normal Monsters will be added.

Nice, and here are the newest themes which come out in Light of Destruction:

Lightlord and Arcana Force.

Not new but still a Theme:

Sphinx.

btw I was wondering, what makes Zombie a Theme? It's a monster type like Warrior and Dragon right, so why should that be a Theme? Then you can add another load of Themes, one for each Type.

Darkness Decks

Coming out in PTDN' date=' i think they may be competitive.

[/quote']

I'm going to wait and see how well they play before adding them.

Nice, and here are the newest themes which come out in Light of Destruction:

Lightlord and Arcana Force.

Not new but still a Theme:

Sphinx.

btw I was wondering, what makes Zombie a Theme? It's a monster type like Warrior and Dragon right, so why should that be a Theme? Then you can add another load of Themes, one for each Type.

I'll wait for the new sets to come out before actually ranking them, lol. I actually count basing a deck around a specific monster-type a theme, but didn't count the others because as they cover too many themes. To add "Reptile" would mean having to factor the compatibility between Aliens and Venoms (which there is none), so it'd automatically rank as bad. So I count types just as long as they don't have too many themes within them. Like I wouldn't count Warrior since it ranges into 3 different braches of heros.

You still missed Stall/Burn. Its a very pro deck' date=' so why the hell you skipped it I do not know.

[/quote']

'Cause I don't count it as a THEME. There are numerous burn cards spread throughout numerous themes. Even Cloudians have burn! Stall/Burn, Perfect Circle, Demise OTK, are all deck types, but not deck themes.

Wow, when do they finally get it?

If you deck a certain card, a few cards around it or a certain strategy, its a Deck Type.

Cards that have something in common in the context of support, effects or name, if found back in other {mostly support} cards are together a Deck Theme.

Decking Bazoo and using Dimension Fusion in combination with it is decking a strategy, so that is considered a deck type, mkay?

The Gladiator Beasts, however, can call eachother from the deck after they battled. They must contain "Gladiator Beast" in their card name so they are a Deck Theme.

Now you get it?

Wow' date=' when do they finally get it?

If you deck a certain card, a few cards around it or a certain strategy, its a [b']Deck Type[/b].

Cards that have something in common in the context of support, effects or name, if found back in other {mostly support} cards are together a Deck Theme.

Decking Bazoo and using Dimension Fusion in combination with it is decking a strategy, so that is considered a deck type, mkay?

The Gladiator Beasts, however, can call eachother from the deck after they battled. They must contain "Gladiator Beast" in their card name so they are a Deck Theme.

Now you get it?

A great explanation, couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I'll add it to the bottom of the main post in hopes members will read it before they post. If for some reason you have a prob with me quoting you, just tell me and I'll take it down.

Burn is a theme, the idea to kill with effect damage definently sounds like a theme to me.

Exiro. You are mistaken. The burn theme, last i checked was still a theme. People talk about different burn builds all the time. They just don't have a specific set of cards with burn in the name.

And Stall in itself is DEFINENTLY a theme, and if I need to explain that as well. *palmface*

Burn is a theme' date=' the idea to kill with effect damage definently sounds like a theme to me.

Exiro. You are mistaken. The burn theme, last i checked was still a theme. People talk about different burn builds all the time. They just don't have a specific set of cards with burn in the name.

And Stall in itself is DEFINENTLY a theme, and if I need to explain that as well. *palmface*

[/quote']

*palm face and shakes his head*

no no no.

Themes are like Venoms and Aliens and Neo Spacians and Cyber dragons and Moanrchs.

Deck Types are like Stall, Burn etc., etc.

get it now static???

Guest PikaPerson01

Also, the "tier" list completely misses the subtypes.

Macro Monarch could belong to either monarch or Different Dimension.

Where does Volcanic Monarchs fall onto the list?

Destiny Heroes get their own separate spot? Is this in anyway different from Perfect Circle?

Wouldn't the mere existence of Necroface greatly boost Mill Decks?

What's Elemental Heroes defined as? Fusion Based or Big City?

Not even a mention of Light and Darkness Dragon in the deck tier list.

I could list more, but I'm too tired to go on.

Archived