The Theme Deck Ladder

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, this is a really cool thing here God Kaze, in fact, I think it should be stickied. But, I've got 2 questions. #1 I think Exodia should be in the "Fun" Section. We have this guy in our local tourny who has this EXTREMELY broken combo that allows him to draw all pieces of Exodia in one turn, without Heart of the Underdog. #2 What's Super Robo :/

Since more than one person has seen this thread as sticky-worthy, it shall be done.

OK' date=' this is a really cool thing here God Kaze, in fact, I think it should be stickied. But, I've got 2 questions. #1 I think Exodia should be in the "Fun" Section. We have this guy in our local tourny who has this EXTREMELY broken combo that allows him to draw all pieces of Exodia in one turn, without Heart of the Underdog. #2 What's Super Robo :/

[/quote']

I put Exodia under the never use section because you can only possibly win one way (so it's not very fun), and exodia has lost most of its support cards to the ban list.

The "Super Robos", as I call them, are the "Roboyarou"/"Super Roboyarou" and "Robolady"/"Super Robolady" cards.

Six Samurai

This goes to Competitive Themes, becuase they have alot of support cards that allows themself to swarm the field and gain powerfull abilities that can slaugther Monarchs and have decent change againt Raiza.

And don't forget Grandmaster and the Great Shogun Shien. These guys are beasts in Six Samurai decks.

Nice argument. They shall be added.

Forgot the Dark Magician Decks.

Also, I don't know if Gemini should be in the Never-Use category, I mean Gemini's themselves don't have a ton of support, but if you count all of the Normal Support out there, then I think they could be at least a little competitive.

Mill, Final Count Down, and bounce decks should be added some where

Also, I'd have to disagree with what you said about Exodia decks. I've built them on Yugioh Advanced R and Yugioh world championship 2007 and they (or at least the one that I built) are pretty fun (and pretty good)... Then again, Maybe there not as fun in real life... *needs to get the exodia set and cards needed to build my exodia deck...*

I decided to create this thread after my knowledge of Theme decks was questioned by Oldmaster' date=' who claimed Amazons were better than E-Heros. So, name a deck theme and I will add it to the list (The higher on the list, the stronger they are).

[b']Competitive Themes:[/b]

These themes are used even in competitive play.

- Monarchs

- Gadgets

- Destiny Hero

- Different Dimension

- Zombies

- The Six Samurai

Average "Fun" Themes:

Fun decks to play against your friends and maybe even use in local tournaments.

- Elemental Heros

- Cyber Dragon

- Crystal Beasts

- Volcanic

- Dark World

- Cyberdarks

- The Gladiator Beasts

- Cloudians

- Evil Heros

- Venom

- Gravekeepers

- Alien

- Dark Scorpians

- LV

- Blue Eyes White Dragon

- Harpies

- XYZ's

- Spirits

- The Agents

- Frogs

- Vehicroids

- Toons

- Arcfiend

- Neo Spacians

Never-Use Themes:

Themes you can use if you want, but lack so much support, they'd be slaughtered against anyhting else.

- Gemini

- Amazons

- Super Robos (Tried myself, lol)

- Exodia

Use Gemini and Amazons which are clearly more powerfuler than E-Heroes

P.S. YGO G/X Sucks!

I decided to create this thread after my knowledge of Theme decks was questioned by Oldmaster' date=' who claimed Amazons were better than E-Heros. So, name a deck theme and I will add it to the list (The higher on the list, the stronger they are).

- Monarchs

- Gadgets

- Destiny Hero

- Different Dimension

- Zombies

- The Six Samurai

Average "Fun" Themes:

- Elemental Heros

- Cyber Dragon

- Crystal Beasts

- Volcanic

- Dark World

- Cyberdarks

- The Gladiator Beasts

- Cloudians

- Evil Heros

- Venom

- Gravekeepers

- Alien

- Dark Scorpians

- LV

- Blue Eyes White Dragon

- Harpies

- XYZ's

- Spirits

- The Agents

- Frogs

- Vehicroids

- Toons

- Arcfiend

- Neo Spacians

Never-Use Themes:

Themes you can use if you want, but lack so much support, they'd be slaughtered against anyhting else.

- Gemini

- Amazons

- Exodia

I'm not so sure about the bold deck types.

If Amazons are in the Never-Use deck theme category, then I don't think Toons should be in the fun category.

All the best toons can't attack their first turn, and will probably be destroyed before they get to attack directly, and if they aren't destroyed themself, you could just go after Toon World and end them all right there.

- Monarchs

- Gadgets

- Destiny Hero

- Different Dimension

- Zombies

- The Six Samurai

Average "Fun" Themes:

- Elemental Heros

- Cyber Dragon

- Crystal Beasts

- Volcanic

- Dark World

- Cyberdarks

- The Gladiator Beasts

- Cloudians

- Evil Heros

- Venom

- Gravekeepers

- Alien

- Dark Scorpians

- LV

- Blue Eyes White Dragon

- Harpies

- XYZ's

- Spirits

- The Agents

- Frogs

- Vehicroids

- Toons

- Arcfiend

- Neo Spacians

Never-Use Themes:

- Gemini

- Amazons

- Exodia

I'm not so sure about the bold deck types.

If Amazons are in the Never-Use deck theme category, then I don't think Toons should be in the fun category.

All the best toons can't attack their first turn, and will probably be destroyed before they get to attack directly, and if they aren't destroyed themself, you could just go after Toon World and end them all right there.

And Archfiends and Neo Spaciens can do better then them.

Archived