The Theme Deck Ladder

I decided to create this thread after my knowledge of Theme decks was questioned by Oldmaster, who claimed Amazons were better than E-Heros. So, name a deck theme and I will add it to the list (The higher on the list, the stronger they are).

Competitive Themes:

These themes are used even in competitive play.

- Monarchs

- Gadgets

- Destiny Hero

- Different Dimension

- Zombies

- The Six Samurai

Average "Fun" Themes:

Fun decks to play against your friends and maybe even use in local tournaments.

- Elemental Heros

- Cyber Dragon

- Crystal Beasts

- Volcanic

- Dark World

- Cyberdarks

- The Gladiator Beasts

- Cloudians

- Normal Monsters *New*

- Evil Heros

- Venom

- Gravekeepers

- Alien

- Dark Scorpians

- Dark Magician *New*

- LV

- Blue Eyes White Dragon

- Harpies

- XYZ's

- Spirits

- The Agents

- Frogs

- Vehicroids

- Sphinxes *New*

- Arcfiend

- Neo Spacians

Never-Use Themes:

Themes you can use if you want, but lack so much support, they'd be slaughtered against anyhting else.

- Exodia

- Gemini

- Amazons

- Ninjas *New*

- Toons *New*

- The Sacred Beasts *New*

- Mokey Mokey *New*

- Super Robos (Tried myself, lol)

Wow' date=' when do they finally get it?

If you deck a certain card, a few cards around it or a certain strategy, its a [b']Deck Type[/b].

Cards that have something in common in the context of support, effects or name, if found back in other {mostly support} cards are together a Deck Theme.

Decking Bazoo and using Dimension Fusion in combination with it is decking a strategy, so that is considered a deck type, mkay?

The Gladiator Beasts, however, can call eachother from the deck after they battled. They must contain "Gladiator Beast" in their card name so they are a Deck Theme.

Now you get it?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evil Heros

Gemini

Alien

Venom

Will all be added once I review a few cards. Though "Gemini" will most likely be added under never use. Some are good, but together they're just wwaaayy too slow to be any fun.

Difernt dimension is a competitive set Kaze :s

Only with monarchs really.

Different Dimension takes the lead in "Fun" themes. Constant field pressence works wonders and even D.D. Warrior Lady herself ups their standings.

Gladiator Beasts cover a LOT of fields in terms of card removal.

Cloudians are too slow when compared to other sets, but still can be a nussance. Just barely surpasses Harpies with its superior support.

There are too many "Dark" and "Cyber" cards that are completely different to consider them a set.

List updated. I'm not 100% sure on the current standings. If you think something is where it shouldn't be, please say so and give a reason why it should be higher or lower on the list.

I think' date=' venom should be competitive...

[/quote']

I said specify why you think something should be changed. Give me examples of it being used competitively.

Well you forget Zombies. Zombies are Competitive themes, but watch a Duel between them and a Gravekeeper player, you iunderstand what I mean XD

So, Zombies and Gravekeeper's in "Fun".

Phoenix an Horus are also competitive format, as is D.D. you cant say anything about that last one, sorry XD Just face it

Zombies will be added as competitive. Gravekeepers shall be in. Horus is grouped under "LV" monsters, which will be added to fun. Pheonix doesn't have a theme.

I don't consider the Differnt Dimension cards competitive due to lack of muscle without the monarchs used with them.

Kaze double posted... and completely missed my post aswell... ^_^

Internet probs. Volcanics added.

I think' date=' venom should be competitive...

[/quote']

I said specify why you think something should be changed. Give me examples of it being used competitively.

Becuase, it adds venom counters and then burn, so its not that fun, it depends on destroy, attack and burn.

I didn't ask for the strategy. I asked for an example of it being used competitively.

I think E-Heroes should be competitive' date=' xD. jk, anyways, you forgot Dark Scorpions. Even though, they'll probably go in the "Never Use" Section. And I don't get the point of Gadgets. :/

[/quote']

Dark Scorpians are ok, they can go under "Fun". Gadgets give constant advantage. I run them, they're good.

how about

Chimaratech OTK

Cyber/cyberdark stall (use Cyberdark to stall for Cydra fusion OTK)

Well, those are deck types, I'm looking for deck themes. Cyberdarks will be added.

Archived