Admiration for Mods

Tomiix

Question

When i first joined like 2 years ago I had great Admiration for this forum. I tried my hardest to be a upstanding citezen and be here often. Then I had to leave because life struck me. I re awoke in ycm about a year or so later and now im here and all these changes slaped me across my face. But this place prospered alot and it incressed my urge to try again study the new rules and try to be a good citezen to acheive my goal. Now im wondering and looking for a answer. What things should I start out with to become a Mod and what would be required of me when in this position.

In general to become a mod you need to just be a good member. Help out people, show that your smart and can be trusted, and knowing a lot about a section (video games got me my mod spot) all help. Side from that being friends with a mod MIGHT help since then you are more likely to have them bring up your name when talk of new mods start.

This. Dont ever gloat, don't troll (especially now- we can permaban you at sight for that), don't spam etc. And you will be considered at one point or another. And that's that. Don't hold your breath though.

My advice - don't ever become a Mod. You'll probably be unpopular and get constantly attacked and have to act. When you act you get attacked even more. Don't do it.

To be a Mod anyway you still have to be mature and unbiased. The only active moderators I really have any respect for are Opalmoon, MarbleZone and Yin. They are unbiased and don't ban you for a month for negging them (lolme).

Guest JoshIcy

To be fair, we can. Mod's words are FINAL and seeing as few sections are even close to a Democracy (CC is one, but people don't notice that and just assume that I'll warn for the simplest hiccup in my discussion threads... I don't ._.). And that's purely personal choice. We can declare martial law and you all can't argue. But that's mean <_< and no one, even other mods wouldn't like it.

Fairness IS NOT the game here, it's control keeping certain attitudes under wraps. Fairness and all that is almost exclusive to the Members. Treat each other with kindness and respect and that's how things will work. Treat each other with hostility and meanness and that's how we'll respond. So yeah... o_O... You create the problems, not the staff (except in rare occurrences).

Considering I've been banned once and I have 2 warnings (One from May that I had no clue about. o_O) I'd say I'm highly unlikely to get a role as a Mod.

I'd say get good grammar to be a mod. If I saw a mod with bad grammar I wouldn't really like that mod.

Actually, every mod can simply moderate in every forum. However, supers such as myself and Flame Dragon, have more power still.

We almost never fight because almost all of us are in pretty good relations with the others. We know how to deal with each other, and are respectful to one another.

Also, I'm not too sure if James will be a mod again...at least for a while. I banned him for two months for something that even he accepts was ban worthy. He'll get his chance at some point in the future.

Archived